Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Brushless recomendations

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Brushless recomendations

Old 12-04-2020, 07:29 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brushless recomendations

Boat is a scale PT in 1/35 (not one of the plastics).
Props are 3/4" diam brass w/ 1" pitch..
Want to go Brushless for no other reason than I can.
What motor would you guys recommend to drive ONE prop at approx 5000 rpm in the water?.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Got RPM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What voltage will you use? What ESC do you have? Water or air cooled? Budget? No one can give a meaningful answer without this information.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:19 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Got RPM View Post
What voltage will you use? What ESC do you have? Water or air cooled? Budget? No one can give a meaningful answer without this information.

I would think the motor needed to do the work would be the first consideration and all else would follow based on motor choice. ESC and voltage being driven by the motor decision. Obviously the ESC will need to have the current capabilities to handle the motor. Water cooled could be a plus but there are some design issues involved with that. Not insurmountable, just added hassle.

Only restriction for the battery is I want to go with a LiFe. Weight is one consideration to this.

Since there will be 3 of them I was thinking something along the lines of the Cobra C-2204/58. Just to provide an example.

Budget is pretty open but I don't want to get crazy. This is a fun project and will probably be more display than actual running.