Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Some help needed for a Graupner B24

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Some help needed for a Graupner B24

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 04:29 AM
richdb77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help needed for a Graupner B24

Hi all.
I was digging through my boxes of stuff preparing for a move and found a part built N.O.S Graupner B24 (the Volvo Penta bat boat from around 2003) I bought from its original owners some years ago.

I fancied getting it going as I always loved the boat...
Thing is...the original owners had twin 600 brushed motors and no rudder (or it wasn't included in the sale) I have put in twin brushless inrunners (540 sized) but the ESCs are huge and I'm just not sold on it needing such power. One is enough surely.

My question is...can anyone recommend a rudder/driveshaft combo to make it a single motor version? Anyone got some interior shots of rudder servo etc as it's a (well painted) GRP hull inside 😆

Thanks people!

Reference photo
Old 05-16-2023, 05:50 PM
Clugh
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the boat and a huge volvo fan and hotrodder of them I know quote a bot about a volvo and in particular we used Pena crankshaft and internals in many of the Turbo builds from the swedes. I have a b21ft now that is boosted to 20 pounds and around 400 hp. It sport an authentic ecu and cdi ignition that can support 16000 plus rpm car engines!!!

The old car will embarass a BMW or Maserati or even a Benz which I also worked for as an automation engineer.

As we speak Volvo had offered me a job for 7000 dollars more in annual salary but I'm not moving to Europe at this time...

Last edited by Clugh; 05-16-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 05:54 PM
Clugh
Banned

Show me the interior of the boat and wat is the length beam and weight. Can I also see the bottom of the boat and transom? U don't have to worry since it doesn't run sanctioned saw events....
Old 05-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Clugh
Banned

cdi_500R_video_Page (autronic.com.au)

Heres a video on the ignition my Volvo 4 banger uses that can provide adequate spark to 22.5Krpm on an 8 Cylinder engine. I wish a slow az maserati would jump on it.

SK engineering has the volvo s80 6 cylinder t6 white block putting 1400 hp to the ground @ 50barn !!!! please go get a 500GT Mercedes and see what happens!

Last edited by Clugh; 05-17-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:14 AM
Clugh
Banned

There are penta blocks around on ebay for fairly cheap. Steel cranks at 50 dollars is an engine tuners dream. I love Volvos!!