Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Rc boat electronics

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Rc boat electronics

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 02:55 PM
ThisisJack44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc boat electronics

Hey everyone, I'm kind of new to the RC boat world and I have a really nice hull that I would love to turn into something awesome. I'm mechanically inclined and I'm no stranger to electronics, I'm just not sure what I need to get to build a boat from the ground up. The boat I have is an old fiberglass (I think) hull so it's heavy which makes me think I could run something really powerful in it. Right now it has all the old electronics in it but they're all shot so I just want to gut it and start from scratch. Any suggestions? I'm also considering a gas/nitro engine but not sure yet
Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM
3illmesmart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Photo would really help. Shows what you have to start with. Length?
Old 07-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisisJack44
Hey everyone, I'm kind of new to the RC boat world and I have a really nice hull that I would love to turn into something awesome. I'm mechanically inclined and I'm no stranger to electronics, I'm just not sure what I need to get to build a boat from the ground up. The boat I have is an old fiberglass (I think) hull so it's heavy which makes me think I could run something really powerful in it. Right now it has all the old electronics in it but they're all shot so I just want to gut it and start from scratch. Any suggestions? I'm also considering a gas/nitro engine but not sure yet
When you say old electronics, are you talking just the radio gear or is the boat electric powered, as it sits now?
As far as gas or nitro power, it really depends on the size and weight of the boat. If it's over 48" long, depending on the hull type, I'd look at a gas engine. A nitro engine would be borderline cost prohibitive since you would be looking at an .82 or larger to get any kind of performance out of the boat and, since nitro fuel is getting more and more expensive(I paid $209 for a case of four one gallon jugs of 50% nitro fuel back in March), a gasser is just cheaper to run.

Originally Posted by 3illmesmart
Photo would really help. Shows what you have to start with. Length?
Jack, and you also, are not allowed to post pictures yet. Due to forum spamming with ads a while back, a requirement of 10 posts was instituted to prevent some so called manufacturers from taking advantage of the forum for free advertising. Once you both have 10 posts in the forum, you will both be able to post pictures