Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

NQD Hydro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

NQD Hydro

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
zjjeepster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NQD Hydro

Thanks Sonnich,

I should've asked this before, how's the balsa holding up? I'm guessing it's not taking all the load of the drive tube. Was epoxy used on the top side (inside the hull) as well for the drive tube.

Sorry for all the question, but this is so cool.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:43 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No problems with the balsa.

Yes, epoxy on both sides of the hull. Epoxy does not stick 100% onto the plastic hull. I would say 80 %
With alot of force, you can actualy pull the epoxy clean off.

Mine is holding up, with no problems yet.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Gaijin

Fuego V3 Video
++++++++++

Here are a few video's of the Fuego's maiden voyage in V3 form, speed was fair and the turning response much improved but lacked excitement after the Gecko! Anyway all went smoothly until the pinion gear drifted up the motor shaft leaving it stranded a few feet from the shore, a short wait solved that!

Enjoy

[link=http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Fuego-V3-1]Fuego V3 Test Video 1[/link]

[link=http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Fuego-V3-2]Fuego V3 test video 2[/link]
Old 08-12-2005, 12:47 PM
SJN

mmm...cant see the video [:@]
Old 08-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Gaijin

That's odd, works for me, still I'm not having much luck with video!

Any better?

<a href='http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Fuego-V3-1'>Click here to watch 'Fuego-V3-1'</a>

<a href='http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Fuego-V3-2'>Click here to watch 'Fuego-V3-2'</a>

Old 08-12-2005, 01:49 PM
SJN

ohh, the link works, but I guess the codec is not right on my computer.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:33 AM
maverick4you

Exscuse for my bad english language, i had read you impression about the model, NDQ Hydro like similar a toy??
I and my friend want buy two models on e-bay but reading your discussion we think that's no valid model, the model need to be modified on all, from the motor to the electronic, is thrue? i have misread your discussion.
I was oriented to buy a model of Kyosho like the twin storm, you know that?
We have not experience about boat, we make car model with gas power (http://www.piazzaletto.team.com)
Thanks for any reply and best regards to all you.
Rocco (Rome)
Old 08-17-2005, 04:24 AM
SJN

Yes, if you dont want to modify the model, STAY AWAY from it

Right out of the box its so boring, you cant even joke about it [&:]
Old 08-17-2005, 05:50 AM
maverick4you

ORIGINAL: SJN

.............. STAY AWAY from it

Very very very clear!
Many thanks for your prompt reply, you have save us from spend our money in bad mode.
I asked your impression about Kyosho TwinStorm (or other similar model), it is a valid models, the performance are good?
thanks and bye bye from Rocco.

(in my previous message i have mistake the address of our site http://www.piazzaletto-team.com this right now)
Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
pompebled

Hi Rocco,

The Twinstorm is not a bad boat to start with, it will run reliable and reasonably fast.
Like all Kyosho boats it's rather expensive.

Take a look at www.offshoreelectrics.com and see if you like the CEN Aqua Jet, the "custum"model with the upgraded 700 motor and ESC is very popular in the USA. (and very fast.)
I haven't seen this version on the European market yet, but than again, I haven't really looked for it.

How much are you willing to spend on a boat?
You already have a transmitter (for your cars) so that's something that doesn't have to be in the package.

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:56 PM
maverick4you

Hi Jan, thanks for the info and the link that you have give to me.
in Italy the new models arrive very in delay you are very lucky....
I and my friend want spend about 150 - 200 euro ( like 200$) for buy a boat, we have the radio, the same used for our cars.
Perhaps i will buy a Kyosho boat, i have already had the SunStorm, non bad boat and was RTR the only problem was the speed control, broken after few time and changed with a speed control Robbe used also for car. In Italy the spare parts of Kyosho is very diffused.
Thanks and bye bye , Rocco.

Boaters are nice people.... car's driver too! [8D]
Old 08-19-2005, 01:34 AM
maverick4you

Hi Jan, we found have this boat from our dealer, is the Carson R8 R.T.R. price 135,00 euro, add only the battery and charger that we already have.
The motor is water cooled radio e 3 cristal are included a think like a good chance.
Bye, Rocco

ps if we buy this boat (3) i will send you the photo from Castel Gandolfo lake.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:03 AM
pompebled

Hi Rocco,

For a first boat, the Carson R8 is not a bad start, the boat is reasonably quick and is big enough for future upgrades.

I have seen this boat being converted into a monster by replacing the drivetrain with a flexdrive, seperate offset rudder, a 700 motor, an ESC and 12-14 cells.
In this version it runs over 40Km/h.

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
maverick4you

Very thanks for confirm our impression, i notice you ASAP after i and my friend will buy the boat, unfortunately there is a friend thats have some doubt but i believe to convince him to follow us in this new adventure.
Bye, Rocco.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 PM
michaelm68

I see that you got suckered as well. I purchased this boat with the expectations of going at least 20-25 MPH as what was stated in the boat's description. I was very disappointed to see ducks crusing past my boat. I am in the process of seeking info on how to upgrade my boat as well. Please, if you don't mind, can you share your experience with me so that we may both get our money's worrth out of this boat.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
maverick4you

hi Michaelm68, exscuse me but i don't have understand all your message my english is so so.... sorry.
I want only to know a thing: are you satisfied of this boat?
Jan say that is a good model to initiate, i and my friends are new of this hobby, we pratice car model on this hobby we have a good experience.
We want initiate this new hobyy like a simply game without spend many money, The Carson R8 is sold at 135,00 euro R.T.R.
please reply me ASAP, thanks

Hey Guys nobody speek italian on this site??[&o]

Old 08-20-2005, 05:23 AM
pompebled

Hi Roco,

Scusi, but I'm Dutch and my Italian is virtually non-existant, sorry.

What Michael said, is that he was disappointed by the speed of the Carson R8 boat.
I believe him, because it's a big hull and it has only a small motor, after all, it's a toy, not a seriously fast speedboat.

Making it very fast is possible, but will require major surgery (and a lot of money).

If you and your friend want a faster boat out of the box, get a ABS Fighter 550, it's available as a kit and RTR.

The ABS Fighter 550 is a crackerbox shallow Vee that will jump on the plane in a matter of feet, I know, because I've built one for the son of a friend of ours.
If you plan on running this boat a lot, the motor will need watercooling, but that's rather easy to make.
Also, the two-speed switch isn't very nice, but it works, as you have cars, using one of your ESC's in the boat will make it run much smoother.

I'll see if I can find a link for you.

http://www.hobbytoys.it/store/viewIt...?idProduct=237

Judging by the price, it's RTR, the kit is available for 100 Euro. (and easy to build, mail me for tips and tricks).
Watercool the motor, change to a decent prop, run it on 7 cells and you'll be a happy boater!

Ciao, Jan.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:24 AM
maverick4you

Hi Jan, no problem for don't speek italian, i will make same exsercise in english thats is a good thing for my work too!!
Michael have gived his impression about the R8 model and i thank him for the this.
I and my friend know that because the low cost of the model we don't have big aspectative, we think this model bit-more a toy too. This is a right model to test a new hobby, we say " se sono rose fioriranno..." like say "if this hobby will affascine us we will continue with a new boat or upgrade it.
I have see the other model have you suggest to me, the motor is tha same of the R8 and believe that the results are similiar only the R8 i like too much.
Thanks for all and bye bye to the next time
Rocco

(have you understand all my message? i have make many errors?[])
Old 08-20-2005, 10:35 AM
pompebled

Hi Roco,

Which boat you like best is a matter of personal preferance.

Fact is, the 550 motor will get more speed out the smaller ABS Fighter 550 than the big Carson hull (I saw it in the local hobbyshop this afternoon, this boat is way too big for the tiny 550 motor...).

Besides the weight, the Carson has a submerged prop, and the Fighter a surface piercing prop, which is faster (less under water= less drag).

Keep us posted!

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:49 PM
maverick4you

hi Jan, i have see the difference between the two boats, in fact th prop of the Fighter is "online" the hull i don't believed that this little difference maybe are so important, thanks for your info.
I see the Fighter at this link http://www.carson-modelsport.de/uk/p...uktdetails.htm
At this point i will ask to our dealer if have this model, for the moment many thanks and good week end, on Rome is previewed
rain [&o]
Bye, Rocco.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:54 PM
pompebled

Hi Roco,

You'll be amazed at the difference, if the powerplant is optimized for the boat.

Have a nice weekend, overhere it rains already...

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:22 AM
maverick4you

Hi to all you, this my boat, ok is for beginner i hope to upgrade it in future with a new performance motor and e.s.c and a more element battery, now i run with a seven element battery.
I will try the boat tomorrow al lake of Castle Gandolfo with other two boat like the mine my friend own.

Bye
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15250.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	315235  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:27 AM
pompebled

Hi Roco,

Please take some pictures of you and your friends, running your boats.

Have fun!

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM
maverick4you

Hi Jan, you can stay sure!! if wil be possible we take a little film too...
bye, Rocco
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM
pompebled

OK, back on topic now!

I did not have a lot of time lately, so the NQD Hydro was only stripped a few weeks ago.
Tonight I took out all unnecessary plastic and started melting the holes shut with a hot soldering iron, which smells very foul...!

The hull has a lot of room for cells and motor, so getting it in won't be a problem.

I plan for a 700 Neodym and 12-14 cells, a strut and rudder, 45K prop.
Or, if that's underpowered, an Ultra 1300-7 on 20-24 cells.

I'm not sure what kind of shaft I'll use: a short flex, with the motor behind the batteries, or the motor way up front and a long 1.2mm spring steel shaft with a smooth curve.

While I make up my mind about that, I'm taking the two shafts out and remove the plastic supports under the hull, less drag!

Regards, Jan.

It's big and it's red!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65736.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	315372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25711.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	315373  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.