Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

nomadio rpm sensor installation????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

nomadio rpm sensor installation????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
kacordy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nomadio rpm sensor installation????

Well, If you guys are curious, I have in my hand the new React from Nomadio and the optional receiver with the temp, rpm etc. What I need some help with is the rpm sensor. The install requires 2 magnets mounted 180 degrees opposed, then there is a small sensor that must be suspened above the magnets. I'm thinking about drilling a hole all the way through the aluminum collar that connects the motor shaft 2 the wire prop shaft, then using a 2 part liquid steel/epoxy to hold the magnets flush in the holes. Then I can suspend the sensor over the magnets in the window of the bell housing. My concern is the shaft speed and securing the magnets. I'm concerned about the magnets being thrown. I don't see another install option. Any thoughts or recommendations??? I think it will be interesting to record the different rpm ranges of different props. I have a specific rpm formula that converts rpm to mph, less prop slippage, for those of you that might be interested. My installation is on my new Gozilla XXL Evo MB from Xtremedoc. Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations, Allen out here in northern California.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:25 AM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nomadio rpm sensor installation????

why do you want a RPM sensor??
if you have a good setup you can know the exact RPM.
Most BL motor will not run over a certain RPM any way.
Personally it is pointless and just added weight and hassle i don't need
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: nomadio rpm sensor installation????

I agree. Mount the magnets in the aluminum coupler. This would be one of the only ways to get it to work with forces at a minimum. Epoxy them in so they stay and your set.

Include prop slippage in to your formula by multiply ( 1 - Prop Slippage )
Monos ~ 25%
Hydro ~ 20%
Rigger ~ 15%

Convert percent in to decimal form.

You will end up with a formula to determine either speed, RPM, or prop slippage, depending on what your interested in.

Ryan