Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Which motor to buy?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Which motor to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:10 PM
jpracing1997

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which motor to buy?

I already have 2 2s lipos 7.4 volts 4000 mah, and 2 3s lipos 4000 mah, a Hydra 120 esc and two hulls. I am wanting to get in the 50 mph + range. The hulls are a 27 inch vee and a rigger (climate Blizzard) about 27 to 30 inches I think. What motor do you recommend? I have a 7L but some people say it wont make 50! Please help or just tell me what to buy and I'll start over!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
headhunter23

Default RE: Which motor to buy?

How big is the rigger? The 27" vee would need modifications to the hull to make that speed from what I understand, entailing for sure tabs to help lengthen the boat. Riggers are generally the formula cars of rc boats, not sure how large a rigger needs to be in order to support speeds of 50mph+, ryan or Cadillac would have to chime in.

Ivan.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 PM
fusionracer357

Default RE: Which motor to buy?

hi JPRACING i too own a climate ultra blizzard but unfortunately im still waiting on a great setup for this hull so its tucked away in kit form waiting for someone with a bit more exp to let me in on the seacrt formula for 50+mph on it i hope you get it , lol we get it lol since now ima be hawking your post to see if someone does let us in on it , lol good luck !!!