Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Supervee Defective - Tower/Aquacraft.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Supervee Defective - Tower/Aquacraft.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:46 PM
masfirme2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supervee Defective - Tower/Aquacraft.

I just recently ordered a brand spanking new Aquacraft Supervee 27 brushless from Tower Hobbies. I am very dissapointed considering opening a new boat is suppose to be exciting as with anything you buy new. The first thing I noticed was a couple fish eyes in the gel coat, which I am ok with. I then further examined the boat and found the paint to be running right under the hatch sticker which indicates a careless job by whoever did the gelcoat. The boat also has 2 small cracks right around where the surface drive meets the hull. I am no expert assembler but to me that seems like someone tightened down the screws too hard. On the tip of the bow there is paint missing with a pen tip sized hole where it looks like gel coat chipped off. Further examining the boat I noticed the styrofoam up front has both corners cracked and practically falling off. The hatch sticker is not correctly adheared to the hatch as well, there are a few bubbles under the sticker.

Am I being too critical? I spend a good part of my life paying attention to detail and making sure things are done right and not have assed, a half ass job is worse than no job at all. I figured I would post and see if the cracks are anything to worry about. I understand stress cracks but that happens when the boat has been ran before. In my opinion these types of errors are unacceptable from anyone, especially a company as big as Tower.
On another note the quality of this boat is superior to proboats products. The boat feels alot more solid than the blackjack and includes velcro for the batteries which is a small plus.

Thanks for reading.
Chris
Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 PM
doby
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Supervee Defective - Tower/Aquacraft.

You are not being to picky; Contact Tower, They seem to have great customer service and should make it right.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM
773W

I noticed a few defects in the paint on the SV27 I bought last year. I did'nt look it over in as much detail as you did, Because the boat had a falty ESC right out of the box.I got from a LHS and I had to send it in for warrenty.[&o] Got another new one @ 3 months later,and this one does a few small paint drips that i noticed,but i guess i should go over it with a litttle more detail.It still has never touched the water.[:@]
Old 04-12-2008, 06:11 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Not everything is perfect, But there is a point where the quality becomes unacceptable, I would return it for a new boat and insist on the packager inspect the boat, That would assure you that there are no problems with it,

As for cracks in the gel coat, well spider cracks can happen at the oddest times, i notice that my boats develop gel coat cracks after they sits for the season. that is because they dry out and the moisture is not there, then the become dry and crack
Old 04-12-2008, 06:39 PM
SV27dayton

Anyone else haveing trouble posting? I posted a couple of times this morning and they didn't stick.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Russ Williamson

Somehow you got a used SV27 because the decals do NOT come applied. Please get it returned for a new one.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
773W

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton

Anyone else haveing trouble posting? I posted a couple of times this morning and they didn't stick.
No toruble posting, but every page here is loading veeerrryyy sslooowww. No probs loading up pages anywhere else though??!!