Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

my 1st boat?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

my 1st boat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default my 1st boat?

what should it be?
i was thinking of a traxxas blast. iv seen vids and the speed seems good stock, and i have a xl5 esc and spare tq2 Tx and a 15t motor to upgrade it.
are there other boats simillar to the blast that i should look at? money is a factor. id like to stay under a $100. i have a hpi rs4 mt with 2speed tranny that i would like to trade, if i could find a boat on the rcu marketplace.

is there any walmart boat that anyone has put there own 540 motor and electronics into?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Nina Roses Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my 1st boat?

I have a Hammer EP. I chose it over the Blast because of the water cooling and because I've read of durability problems with the steerable outdrives. The stock motor in the Hammer is actually a 15 or 16-turn and you can fry the stock esc running on 7 cells if you aren't careful. I've upgraded mine with a ProBoat esc which will handle a 12v motor and at least 10 cells or 3S LiPo.

I just bought a Mini-Rio ($90) and it is a fun little boat.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_70..._4/key_/tm.htm

There are a couple of idiosyncracies about it but I have no regrets about buying it (it's the first boat I actually bought new).

Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: my 1st boat?

yeh, iv just found the hammer, looks very sim to the blast. i do like the stock water cooling tho.