Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Boat Recommendation

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Boat Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:46 AM
brian515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Recommendation

Hi,
I currently have a hammer ep boat, and I am currently in the market for a new boat. I was looking at either the supervee 27, or the blackjack 26 boat. Does anyone have a recommendation of one over the other (I am leaning toward the SV27). Also, I have 2 SMC IB4200. Does anyone know the runtime that the packs would give me? And what about props. I don't really want to start sanding, balancing, ect. Are there any good props that I wouldn't have to do those things, or would I be better sticking with the stock prop?Thanks in advance. [8D]
Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
coop81

Default RE: Boat Recommendation

Hey brian, first of all i bought a supervee and am very happy with it. As for other boats there is the proboat formula fasttech that is coming out soon or has come out. From what I heard is that it is in the smae class and speed witht the supervee, but I have not had any experience with it. I would say to buy a supervee, and for props and batteries you may want to buy an extra set and for props, the stock one will work but it will cavitate for 10 feet, offshorelectrics.com sells a graupner 45mm carbon prop for five dollars and it doesnt cavitate at all. So i would stick with a supervee.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:40 PM
LENYLOW

Yeh i agree i would go for the sv27 its a great boat, i have personaly found the octura X440/3 prop to work the best with my sv but it does require balanceing and sharpening to get the most out of it, i havent actually tried the carbon prop but i have carbon props on my other boats from offshore and they work great.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:11 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

SV27
42mm Grim Racer Prop - no Ba/Sh needed

Ryan
Old 05-11-2008, 08:49 AM
SV27dayton

Really? I thought his props were tunbled to decrease the work necessary but still needed balanced and sharpened.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:39 PM
crazy maxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like both.