Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Problems Getting My Brushless Setup To Work HELP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Problems Getting My Brushless Setup To Work HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Humphry1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Getting My Brushless Setup To Work HELP!!!

O.K everybody you've never steered me wrong in the past and hopefully someone can help me now.I recently purchased a Feigao 8L and a Castle Creations Hydra 120 ESC.After installing them in my boat and running through the calibration mode to sync up with my radio system I got the "Two Beep" signal indicating "successfull arming" as per the instructions.Unfortunetly the motor does not work.When I pull the throttle the motor shaft "dances" back and forth and beeps but nothing else.Everything else works fine I.E. steering.As per the "Trouble shooting" instructions I tried the calibration mode multiple times with no luck.The ESC keeps saying everything is armed and ready but the motor does not work.I own other brushless setups and have never run into any problems so I am at a loss.Is there a way to test the components seperately to see if one or the other is faulty,or do you think its just "operator error".Both the motor and ESC were purchased from reputable dealers.I have also tried different radio sytems of mine to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Problems Getting My Brushless Setup To Work HELP!!!

Do you have a Castle Link? I had a problem very simular to yours and for some reason the throttle curve in the ESC was at zero instead of linear.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:29 PM
detox

I also had trouble programming my Hydra 120 esc to my basic AM SV27 radio. During the third step during radio programming the esc would not recognize neutral. After trying several times it finally recognized and beeped. I am thinking there was some type of radio interference (cealing fan or other electrics maybe) in my house preventing programming. Take your boat and radio outside in clear area and try again.

I am also getting some minor glitching that was not there before I started using the 120. Moisture in receiver maybe?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:42 PM
Moppie

If available get the link that lets you do the set up via your computer.. With all the beeps I couldn't figure it out either..

Moppie
Old 05-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Humphry1969

Thank you all again. I got it going now I'm a happy BOATER.