Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
keithbradley
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Not really close to Chicago.  I'm in Lansing which is pretty much mid state.  We could meet halfway though...the ony challenge would be finding a good place to run that would be convienient for both of us.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: dmoesch

Now wait a minute, the Stilleto does NOT include a transmitter for that price.....and your gonna need a Spektrum to matchup, right?
How much are you looking at now? The Hornet is $180 to my house....
OK, LOL, we are getting goofy now.
But seriously, tell me your not just assuming that this tunnel doesn't handle well? How can you be convinced it doesn't?
Wish you lived in the area, we could do this little test......
I'm in Colorado or I would go buy a Stiletto right now and run with yah!
Oh and I already have a radio that will bind to the Stiletto
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
keithbradley

Im in Lansing which is mid (lower) Michigan so not real close but maybe we could meet halfway?  It would be fun to meet up with someone from RCU and run.  The challenge would be finding a good body of water to run on that is halfway.
I actually should have a new UL-1 here next Tuesday, that would better compare to your red evo than my monos.  At least we would be in a similar size/power range.  I'm not sure that beating a small hydro with a mono stuffed with 20 lipo cells would really prove anything.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:57 PM
dmoesch

Keith, it would be fun to race around......I do track up to South Haven a few times per year, which is closer......lake Michigan wouldn't work though[]

Yeah sounds like your monos would crush the hydro, what the heck do you have in those things?  BTW, your UL-1 would definitely top the Evo.  Evo is nice, but not as nice as that boat.  Wait a minute, what did I just say? [X(]

I actually have an "RC Lake" about 15min from the house.  No fishing allowed when an RC boat is on the water....(or so the sign says)..prefect size for a loop track too.  I never see any signs for any events etc, and I am usually the only one on the water.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:57 PM
keithbradley

Keith, it would be fun to race around......I do track up to South Haven a few times per year, which is closer......lake Michigan wouldn't work though[]

Yeah sounds like your monos would crush the hydro, what the heck do you have in those things? BTW, your UL-1 would definitely top the Evo. Evo is nice, but not as nice as that boat. Wait a minute, what did I just say? [X(]

I actually have an "RC Lake" about 15min from the house. No fishing allowed when an RC boat is on the water....(or so the sign says)..prefect size for a loop track too. I never see any signs for any events etc, and I am usually the only one on the water.
I just ran my 40"mono in Lake huron last weekend in some pretty solid waves. It was an experience to say the least. Feel free to PMme when you come out this way.

The 2 monos Ihave been running lately are my 40" DF copy with Neu 2215 1.5y on 9s2p (10s2p SAWruns), and 32" triton with Leopard 4082 on 6s-7s. The triton isnt as fast and doesnt handle as well but is a blast because it has a flood chamber so Iget a littlecrazy with it. Knowing that you wont have to retreive your boat can make you a little trigger happy!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 AM
new2rcboating

Hi Guy's [sm=thumbs_up.gif] ,

Seems there is a lot of highly strung people amongst R/C Boating hobbyist , i was not stcking up for the HCF1 Boat or having a go at new more desirable hull or though few would say HobbyKing set out to ruin your day . Rather i was just stating a fact that most mass produced R/C Boats are being manufactured by labourers in China that are earning a pitance considering what especially the higher priced gear sells for . Often guest workers from Asia in China do not see their families for over 2 years ( ponder that )

At the end of the day we have all gone back to our youth to a degree ( which is a good thing ) & are enjoying a slice of our childhood by playing with " Toy Boats " whether a $100 boat or a $400 Boat , they are all toys , just ask anybody that may be at the park you run at , about their feelings regarding people such as " Me" " You " & people that find appreciation in our hobby !!!

What is disturbing though , is people that seem quite serious about this issue , if you want to get serious , go play with real boats like Mastrcraft , Sanger etc ....

Have fun & enjoy the hobby for what it is & the environment you run in , part of the intrigue is getting a dubious boat to perform at an even higher performance level - wouldn't you agree ??

Go play with your boats people !!!

Brad
Old 09-11-2010, 06:55 AM
dmoesch

Kieth, is this your boat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5G1uPIIXw
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: new2rcboating

Seems there is a lot of highly strung people amongst R/C Boating hobbyist , i was not stcking up for the HCF1 Boat or having a go at new more desirable hull or though few would say HobbyKing set out to ruin your day . Rather i was just stating a fact that most mass produced R/C Boats are being manufactured by labourers in China that are earning a pitance considering what especially the higher priced gear sells for . Often guest workers from Asia in China do not see their families for over 2 years ( ponder that )

At the end of the day we have all gone back to our youth to a degree ( which is a good thing ) & are enjoying a slice of our childhood by playing with '' Toy Boats '' whether a $100 boat or a $400 Boat , they are all toys , just ask anybody that may be at the park you run at , about their feelings regarding people such as '' Me'' '' You '' & people that find appreciation in our hobby !!!

What is disturbing though , is people that seem quite serious about this issue , if you want to get serious , go play with real boats like Mastrcraft , Sanger etc ....

Have fun & enjoy the hobby for what it is & the environment you run in , part of the intrigue is getting a dubious boat to perform at an even higher performance level - wouldn't you agree ??

Go play with your boats people !!!

Brad
really don't think these comments are needed in this thread
these ae toys and some look out for others as not to get ripped off or buy something they will need to upgrade lots of parts to make them run well
if you follow along, we have mods that take care of us and these threads
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 AM
srt10

Kieth, is this your boat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5G1uPIIXw
I think you found it
lots of power, and I think that one is for sale
Old 09-11-2010, 12:28 PM
NobodyFamous

ok, everyone fly up to NS Canada and we can have a BBQ in my backyard, drink a few beers/pops/juice boxes and then we'll hit the lake with what ever we can afford.  And the fastest guy can put it in his signature.

P.S.
none of my boats run right now, so I'll be swimming at about 2-3mph at the fastest. Please don't hit me. LOL

Has any one ordered this HK hull?

P.P.S.
Some one mentioned that more then the ESC is "wrong" with the Genesis.  Well, they are right. . . the hardware is of very poor quality.  But it was a grate way for me to get into FE from my 10 year old Villain.  I don't think I would have got it if it where any more complicated hull then a Cat though.  You can get buy on poorer designed V's and Cat's, but any kind of Hydro = headache.

My replacement ESC should be here next week! So, I'll spend less time typing and more time playing.  More fun!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
ANILAO

ORIGINAL: keithbradley

Im in Lansing which is mid (lower) Michigan so not real close but maybe we could meet halfway? It would be fun to meet up with someone from RCU and run. The challenge would be finding a good body of water to run on that is halfway.
I actually should have a new UL-1 here next Tuesday, that would better compare to your red evo than my monos. At least we would be in a similar size/power range. I'm not sure that beating asmall hydro with a mono stuffed with 20 lipo cells would really prove anything.
Where did you gt your UL-1? I would like to get 1 too.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 PM
keithbradley

ORIGINAL: ANILAO

Where did you gt your UL-1? I would like to get 1 too.

Ibought it off of someone who bought it in the spring and never used it, so its new but from a person not a store. Ithink all the stores are sold out. I may be getting a different hydro though so Imight turn right around and sell the UL-1.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM
new2rcboating

Hi Nobodyfamous [sm=thumbs_up.gif] ,

Really would love to join you in Beautiful Canada , though my travelling days have been put on hold , as i have three children under the age of 5 that need my love & support for the next decade or so at least i reckon . Though if you get any Ozzies that turn up , take pitty on their swimming ability if they need to retreive a boat , as we in the Southern Hemisphere swim backyards to you Northerners LOL ...

Brad
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM
battlepack

I have 2 HK boats and they are better than anything jacked up 3 times over here.  Rumdog is from OSE and runs with the NAMBA gang pushing boats that NAMBA racers worked on.  THEY are made in China just like HK boats are, just jacked up 3 times the costs.

my 2 cents

Steve
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: battlepack

I have 2 HK boats and they are better than anything jacked up 3 times over here. Rumdog is from OSE and runs with the NAMBA gang pushing boats that NAMBA racers worked on. THEY are made in China just like HK boats are, just jacked up 3 times the costs.

my 2 cents

Steve
made in China yes but you cannot compare this F1 to the Stilleto.. two totally different boats
but the ekos yes! and the Miss Excite yes!
you can get both of those from HC and they are the same hull and most of the hardware (possibly made is the same factory)
and the venom P1 you can get from another sell for cheaper than venom
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 PM
new2rcboating

Hi Guy's [sm=thumbs_up.gif],

Wouldn't it be great if all boats desirable were made in the U.S , so that way those so passionate about better produced Chinese gear could be employed to provide access to our Hobby for others fulltime . Though i am sure that those boats that you are so fond of , will not see you manufacturing them for 2.00 U.S ( approximate ) an hour they earn in China & Taiwan ...

Brad
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 PM
srt10

Oh man!
I think we would pay $800 or more for a RTR FE boat
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 AM
new2rcboating

Hi Srt10 [sm=thumbs_up.gif] ,

I'd just like to know about those that are so passionate about certain brands , if they have ever owned a real powerboat , as we both have on both sides of the big drink ( the pacific ) ...

Brad
Old 09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
srt10

It's not passion bro, it's wisdom [:-]
and wisdom does not come from believing everything you hear
I'm from Seattle, and yes we have owned many powerboats

and I really could care less where our FE boats are made, heck Traxxas comes from Taiwan and I really dig Traxxas products
Old 09-21-2010, 07:43 AM
lapistola28

I got my Hornet in .......... The Build quality is nothing compared to the Stiletto ....... I'll admit it .
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 AM
dmoesch

Thanks for the info!
What are the shortcomings?Have you run it yet? Let us all know.....
Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
lapistola28

It's VERY flimsy for fiberglass ! The Outboard is all Plastic . The steeing servo is very weak also . All the decals were peling off when i took it out of the box , which is no big deal to me ..... I take them all off anyway to do my own . The motor looks so tiny too .
Old 09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
dmoesch

Well that doesn't sound good!
Whois the mfg? Its probably not DragonHobby based on what your telling me.....
Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: lapistola28

It's VERY flimsy for fiberglass ! The Outboard is all Plastic . The steeing servo is very weak also . All the decals were peling off when i took it out of the box , which is no big deal to me ..... I take them all off anyway to do my own . The motor looks so tiny too .
Is it a 380 motor?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
keithbradley

ORIGINAL: battlepack

I have 2 HK boats and they are better than anything jacked up 3 times over here. Rumdog is from OSE and runs with the NAMBA gang pushing boats that NAMBA racers worked on. THEY are made in China just like HK boats are, just jacked up 3 times the costs.

my 2 cents

Steve
Listen, if you guys who are so excited about the performance of your HK RTR's think your boats are better than boats set up for racing, GO RACE THEM. Kick everyone elses butt and then your point will be proven. You may want to spend some more time in the hobby battlepack as you are showing your ignorance in this post.

I dont know what you mean by "Rumdog is from OSE"...he posts there, like a lot of us do, but I dont see what that has to do with anything...
And no, he doesn't "push" anything...he is a regular guy that happens to be pretty good at setting up boats...nothing else.

Your comments are so far out of left field and inaccurate I have to wonder what your agenda is here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.