Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:19 AM
ernest2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas engine

hi!! i have no idea about gas engine, i have seen them but i don't know the specs.. if i buy a grasscutter, will it be easy to take the engine and put it in a boat? does all the engine(22cc-30cc) have the same drive shaft? i don't really know, so please go easy.. there's no hobby shop here that sells gas engine so the best would be to buy some grasscutter and take the engine..
and do these cutters have clutch in it?
thanks a lot for any help..

ernest
Old 05-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: gas engine

There's a guy over in Taiwan thats selling new 260 Zenoahs for $199.00. If you don't know, these engines are one of the best engines for the $ on the market. Stock its putting out almost 4 hp with the chance for mods to bring it over 6. If you're handy with a few tools, you can build most anything you need, but if not, then its not too expensive either.

Not on my home PC or I'd post a few links for you. But definitly check EBAY in the radio control section. You should find that guy in Taiwan there. I've done business with him before and you're shipping should be that expensive.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:52 AM
ernest2

thanks! i'll try to look into it.. i'm actually in the early stage of planning to build a nitro boat, because i think it's easier to build one because there's many infos available and i kind of understand now how to make one.. but gas is really my first choice back then because of runtime and i can make bigger boat with less engine hassle, and the fuel is more economical..
do you know any sites that features constructions or any informations on how to setup a gas boat?
thanks a lot!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:30 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

I like radio control zone .com and jims r/c boat dock is especially good.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:49 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Here are a couple of good links to aid you in filling a fiberglass lined hole in the water with money.....

any weedy engine can basically be installed in a boat with very few mods to hook up carb linkages and can be run air cooled.

[link=http://p202.ezboard.com/bamericanscaleoffshoremodelboatassociation]ASMBA[/link]
ANOTHER GREAT SITE
[link=http://pub208.ezboard.com/bjimsrcboatdock]JIMS RC BOAT DOCK[/link]
Old 05-19-2004, 04:33 PM
skoda450

Also have a look at www.modelgasboats.com. All free info and pics on model gas boating. "How to" articles and all. Be sure to look at the back issues. To answer your original question, yes, gas weed trimer power heads are a good source of large scale (38" and up!) engines. Some have clutches, some don't. All use the 1/4" flexable cable with a squared end, adaptable to model boat use. Stock, in a 50" deep vee hull the Homelite 25cc or 30cc motor will push 20 - 25 MPH and you will have a ball. If you are serious about competing in races the Zenoah is the right place to start. Good luck and ENJOY !!!