Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Help starting a Zen 260

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Help starting a Zen 260

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 PM
tad1384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help starting a Zen 260

finally got the boat running. This is how i fixed it. First i took out the motor, took the mounts and exhaust off then i thew the thing in the fn trash.[:@] Bolted the mounts and exhaust on to a new 260 and started it on the second pull.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:54 PM
John Howell

Wow, that was a bit extreme [X(]

You should have keep the old one for spares, or gave it away to a poor boater

At least you are up and running now
Old 06-17-2006, 06:47 AM
tad1384

its brand new and im going to send it back. wasnt worth changing the mag and coil. the new 260 was only 198.00 from bonzi
Old 07-08-2006, 06:34 AM
woodventure

I am late comming to this post but am having the exact same problem with a new Shockwave 55 SS. I have ran the boat about 6 times and on the last run flipped it sideways at 3/4 throttle. I was able to keep it running and putted to the pier to empty the water and refasten the top. I pulled the boat from the water took it home and flushed the engine with fresh water and idled it for a while with water hooked up. Cleaned the hull and hardware and put it away until the following weekend. Took the boat to the water and would not stay running. Would start and shut off as soon as the throttle was engaged. Went through this procedure for about 20 min. I was able to get it to take throttle with the choke 7/8 of the way closed but not for long.

Checked the plug- Had Good Spark
Removed the carb and looked for debris - looked OK and seals looked good

Finally took boat to shop to further inspect. Removed motor and did a thorough inspection. Disassembled carb and used high pressure air to clear all microscopic ports. Put carb back on and problem changed. Apparently there was a small check ball in the carb that was launched into orbit when I was clearing the ports. Major flooding of the engine to the point that several ounces of fuel was poring out the exhaust. Ordered new Walbro WT644 and statred on second pull. I am certain the problem was in the ports of the carb.

Question?? I am installing a fuel filter in line. Is there any cons? I have never seen one on a gas rc boat but always used them on Nitro Planes and boats???
Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 AM
BMAD01

No cons here! I run an inline fuelfilter in all my boats. I've even put one inside my gas can to filter the gas before I put it in the boat. The filter will give you a definate place to look if your engine ever starts running erraticlly. Brian
Old 07-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

I hate to say it but if you plan on running 32:1 oil ratio you may be buying engines much sooner than you should. 8oz of good high quality oil is what you should be running in your zenoah if you want it to last. It will help seal the ring better and produce more power, I have yet to foul a spark plug using that much oil either.

Good luck with your new engine.