Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Newbie...tunig problem with zenoah

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Newbie...tunig problem with zenoah

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
pearlyellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie...tunig problem with zenoah

Hey everyone...Glad to be finally on here!!!!!

Well bought a barely used Enforcer Viper with a Zenoah EZ25WC WATER-COOLED W/ CLUTCH. I have never used gas boat just electrics. Is there a beginner guide for tuning or takeing care of motor and what needs to be greased? I got the boat running and somewhat tuned. I held the boat in water while my dad used the controller because it would bogg out sometimes until i adusted the high and low. Now when the gas is pushed all the way sounds like its governed because t has a on-off-on throttle sound. Can anyone direct me into the right direction please

and thanks for an help+

Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
xxxboatworks

Default RE: Newbie...tunig problem with zenoah

Lot of people in your area that will be happy to help. Drop me a PM sometime.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:02 AM
tazmaniaboats

hello p yellow
what are your specifications of the boat ,engine size,, type of carb, exhaust etc ,this will help .even a prop .as a precaution fit a fail safe to your throotle servo.try to boat your boat at low speeds and increase speed slowly because bends are tricky.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Fun in boatin

Is there a beginner guide for tuning or takeing care of motor and what needs to be greased? I got the boat running and somewhat tuned
Have you inquired of WHH. If anyone would have such info I would think WHH would.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM
MrMikeG

You can't tune while holding the boat. Check out what Carb is on it, look for some small numbers, 603,644,488 or 257 are the most common, then we can tell you a ballpark starting point. Zen's are really easy to tune once you know what to listen for.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:36 PM
pearlyellow

Thanks everyone for help. The carb is the 257. Now I tuned the motor 1 1/2L and 1 1/4 on high....the motor starts right up, idles, and stays on plane good. Now as you increase throttle after a certain amount it sounds like it wants to die off. I talked to hobby shop and they mentioned about the gas oil mixture.....remember I bought used so I should've dumped and start new. I promise I will tomarrow empty and start using Amsoil mixture. I looked at piston and actually looks like there might be buildup.....could I use after run oil?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Flabum

Yes, you should use after run oil, WD40 or simply 2 cycle oil when the boat is not in use, but not to get the build-up off. To get that build-up off the piston without taking the engine apart, go to a marine store (West Marine) and get some OMC Engine Tuner or Mecury Power Tune, just follow the instructions on the can,,,,,,,, it does a dandy job.
The engine wanting to die off after running at high speed a short time could be a few things,,,, first would be high speed adjustment...... try riching it up an eigth of a turn at a time. Second, I'd look at the vent, make sure it is clear. Third would be a clogged carb, you mentioned it may have set for a while? Fourth (should be first) check for water flow....be sure you have plenty of water going thru that engine.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Flabum

Oh, and BTW, that engine tuner I mentioned..... if you ever need to soak a carb, that stuff is perfect.... it will really do a good job and it's safe. OMC sells it in a gallon jug which is great for soaking stuff in. For de-carbing an engine, get the spray can. You can use it to clean any petroleum product off many surfaces (be careful on paint), clean bearings and other parts with it etc.....