Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New Aquacraft gasser?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New Aquacraft gasser?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 PM
BB Modss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Aquacraft gasser?

Iv made the decision to buy the new boat when it gets to Joe and Carrol's shop, Ill say it once, if grim says its a winner then I tend to trust him! I will follow the instructions on the engine break in and follow his recommendations to the T with all that done we will see how the boat holds up, i wont hold defects that were unforeseen against Aquacraft,Grim,Jerry. Im willing to trust a company that has no problem posting up help all day long for us, Not to product bash but when was the last time proboat sat down with owners of there product and went over all the details? Support and quality make up for ANY short comings.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Seconded

She has nice lines and for the $$ has a boat load of potential. There may be a problem or two but with a new design it is to be expected.

Heck - if it doesnt have a problem - it will be the first boat I own that fits into that catagory
Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

HPIguy, you stated that you either own or have owned other R/c vehicles and from telling by your screen name, I'm assuming some HPI's.
I raced trucks, cars and buggies both on and off-road before returning to boats again. Why did I get out of them? I got tired of having to by aftermarket aprts for them as soon as they came out if not before. When you see aftermarket parts on the shelves before the kit itself is out, you know that you're gonna need them. Once you've bought the kit, you spend a lot of money buying the latest, greatest part of the week to stay competitive or replacements parts becuse the factory ones didn't get it. Why aren't people complaining more about that?
OK, you're not happy with your V-24 but your complaints don't belong on this thread but on a V-24 thread. Mike is working to try to bring better RTR boats out to the public and didn't have anything to do with any boats before he started at Aquacraft so there is no reason to throw it on his shoulders. I am guessing here but I have to assume that Mike doesn't have any final say-so about what goes out the door.
If you don't want a RTR boat fine, there are plenty of hulls, engines, running hardware and radio systems out there so build one the way that you want it.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree it is comendable for them to come on here and i wish them luck with the new boat and hope any issues that do pop up are dealt with so they can pass the fixes on to the buyers?.I do think though that you are missing the point a little Ron ,no this isnt a v24 thread but a cpl of guys were pointing out the shortcomings of the last hull and i think they do have a very valid point.If a company who says they stand by a product then turn round and say well all you v24 owners were no longer going to make new parts or replacement parts for your boat as we have now moved on to another newer boat then whats to say they wont do it again a year down the line?.I feel people could buy with more confidence if they thought any problems they come across with the new boat would be sorted out at no extra or at least a reduced price .Once again ill say good luck with the new boat i think she looks very nice and i hope the newer motor is better than the last .
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

I agree it is comendable for them to come on here and i wish them luck with the new boat and hope any issues that do pop up are dealt with so they can pass the fixes on to the buyers?.I do think though that you are missing the point a little Ron ,no this isnt a v24 thread but a cpl of guys were pointing out the shortcomings of the last hull and i think they do have a very valid point.If a company who says they stand by a product then turn round and say well all you v24 owners were no longer going to make new parts or replacement parts for your boat as we have now moved on to another newer boat then whats to say they wont do it again a year down the line?.I feel people could buy with more confidence if they thought any problems they come across with the new boat would be sorted out at no extra or at least a reduced price .Once again ill say good luck with the new boat i think she looks very nice and i hope the newer motor is better than the last .

Very good post Marty. If it was built on solid parts/engine etc there would not be these worries. I'm just afraid that so many people are going to jump on a bandwagon & be dissapointed in the end.

Hope you prove me wrong. This time crow will taste good if I am.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Russ Williamson

Update for the Rio 51; first shipment scheduled to arrive the week of 12/10. Shipping lanes are hard to predict this time of year so hopefully this date stays accurate.

We had several production boats sent to us to QC before the first shipment left the factory. Grim tested and ran the heck out them, several gallons of fuel, lots of time running the boats. Couple of things I did not like; the oil tank on 1 unit had a few pieces of flashing in the tank. Just need to remove the lid and check before filling with 50wt oil. ; Some air bubbles in the graphics on the cowl. ; Boat stands not strong enough.
Have instructed for each of these to be improved upon before the first shipment left the factory. We will also QC the first shipment when it arrives.

Replacement parts; all parts to be included on the first shipment.
Just like with the V24, and continues to be and will be for a couple of years, all parts in stock. IF there is a problem, our Product Support department more than happy to take care of you, as is what we continue to do with the V24. (All parts in stock for the V24, including the header that was improved over 6 months ago)

As we receive more info about the first shipment, be glad to share it with all of you. Thanks everybody!

Have fun!
Russ
Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Justaddwata

I have a bit of a reputation for speaking my mind at times when something is just not right - likewise also go out of my way to [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6484397/anchors_6484397/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#6484397]say good things [/link]if something impresses me. I am honest either way.

One thing I dont like to see is newer boaters getting into a boat load of problems (Not that I anticipate this being the case with the 51). But once I have one in hand the advise can be based on experience (which is always the best advise). May have to be an early Christmas present to myself
Old 11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

HPIguy, you stated that you either own or have owned other R/c vehicles and from telling by your screen name, I'm assuming some HPI's.
I raced trucks, cars and buggies both on and off-road before returning to boats again. Why did I get out of them? I got tired of having to by aftermarket aprts for them as soon as they came out if not before. When you see aftermarket parts on the shelves before the kit itself is out, you know that you're gonna need them. Once you've bought the kit, you spend a lot of money buying the latest, greatest part of the week to stay competitive or replacements parts becuse the factory ones didn't get it. Why aren't people complaining more about that?
OK, you're not happy with your V-24 but your complaints don't belong on this thread but on a V-24 thread. Mike is working to try to bring better RTR boats out to the public and didn't have anything to do with any boats before he started at Aquacraft so there is no reason to throw it on his shoulders. I am guessing here but I have to assume that Mike doesn't have any final say-so about what goes out the door.
If you don't want a RTR boat fine, there are plenty of hulls, engines, running hardware and radio systems out there so build one the way that you want it.
Car hopups are one issue. Each car has hopups available, they arwe not NEEDED to run the car. Yuo can run any car made bone stock and have a blast. And if there is a consistent issue with a part being weak I have always seen the manufacturers go out of their way to cure the issue and make it right with the buyers.

Ron, you dealt with my V24 issues first hand.

I paid you to balance and sharpen two props for me for it.

These are the same props that Aquacraft STILL advertises as fully balanced and sharpened. In our phone conversation you and I both had a laugh as you said you had to put so much work into both props to even get them closed to balanced, then had your boy polish them.

So you know as well as I do that the false advertising is STILL in effect on the V24 parts. What makes you think this will not continue in full for the Rio 51?

My comments on the V24 DO belong here. Aquacraft is making claims of quality and durability on this new boat. I'm refuting those claims wiht proof from other models they make.

I'm stil waiting for Aquacraft to own up and offer cost pricing on this new boat to make it right with us current V24 owners. Maybe to say "Sorry, we really screwed up on your V24, here's a Rio 51 at cost so that you'll give us another try please." I would actually bite at that offer when i had the cash ready. And imagine the good will that would create for all and the image it would give the company.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: Grimracer

Marathon county.. hea man... stop in and say Hi to Warren (the dad) for me at Popes Hobbyland.. Warrens a good dude.

Grim
He's your dad? Wow. Small world.

Warren is a nice guy, more into planes though. Not so much land vehicles. Him and Dave sure know their plane stuff if you ever have an issue. I've dealt the Tom at Hobby Connection too, as advanced as I am into cars and boats and some planes, unless you jsut want to BS I'm not in the shops too much.

In fact, back a few years ago, if folks had issues with cars Pope's used to send them to my old company for me to look at. And I did a lot of repair work for Tom too.

Now remember, I'm not bashing you personally, I'm just not happy with the way this V24 issue of quality has been handled by the company you work for. I'm not saying you did it personally.

When I get my large scale plane all going I will have to stop in at Pope's and show the guys. Maybe he'll let me hang it from the ceiling in winter when it's not being run on the lake.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: Russ Williamson

Update for the Rio 51; first shipment scheduled to arrive the week of 12/10. Shipping lanes are hard to predict this time of year so hopefully this date stays accurate.

We had several production boats sent to us to QC before the first shipment left the factory. Grim tested and ran the heck out them, several gallons of fuel, lots of time running the boats. Couple of things I did not like; the oil tank on 1 unit had a few pieces of flashing in the tank. Just need to remove the lid and check before filling with 50wt oil. ; Some air bubbles in the graphics on the cowl. ; Boat stands not strong enough.
Have instructed for each of these to be improved upon before the first shipment left the factory. We will also QC the first shipment when it arrives.

Replacement parts; all parts to be included on the first shipment.
Just like with the V24, and continues to be and will be for a couple of years, all parts in stock. IF there is a problem, our Product Support department more than happy to take care of you, as is what we continue to do with the V24. (All parts in stock for the V24, including the header that was improved over 6 months ago)

As we receive more info about the first shipment, be glad to share it with all of you. Thanks everybody!

Have fun!
Russ
Hey Russ,

Will there be any parts at all that I can buy from the improved Rio 51 to install on my V24? Anything at all like the cable oiler or such?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Russ Williamson

There are parts from the Rio 51 that can be made to work on the V24, but must be able to do some modeling to do so; would not be a direct bolt on, such as the cable oiler. (our new gas props will bolt right on Would need to carefully drill out the stuffing tube and install oil nipple and then mount the oil tank in the hull.
With some work, the entire strut system in the V24 could be replaced if you wanted. Takes some work, but can be done.

I have not been commenting on your claims in previous post but I must with our new GrimRacer props;
As far as claiming our props are fully balanced and sharpened, we do not claim this. We say, and they are, as close as they can get to be balanced out of the package. In other words, our GrimRacer props (not what is include on the V24) have a true center bore. You can bolt them on and go without the need to balance and sharpen. This is our true claim, not that they are fully balanced and sharpened out of the package.

hpiguy, if you still have issues with your V24, contact our product support department. I for one know they would not ever tell anybody tough luck your stuck with what you got. If you have an issue with a part, give us a call and we will work with you in getting whatever problem you might have with a part on the V24. (not saying you have or will, but if there are harsh words, bad mouthing, etc. to the person on the phone that will try to help you, you won't get far. In fact, the nicer you are, the more we will help.)
We don't want anybody to have problems with our products, sorry that you have.

Also, (not trying to make excuses) the V24 is a "scale" One-design hull. Probably was not my best choice in our first gas boat, but I guess I don't have to tell you that. Too much complication for production and our customers.

Thanks,
Russ

[/quote]

Hey Russ,

Will there be any parts at all that I can buy from the improved Rio 51 to install on my V24? Anything at all like the cable oiler or such?

[/quote]
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Grimracer

MY DAD! Wow.. Warren.. I did not know he had it in him.. I wish he would have told my mom.....

HHEEEHHEHE

NO.. WARRN IS NOT MY DAD SILLY.. I did not say that.

Grim
Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM
BB Modss

Off topic by a long shot but is Aquacraft planning on gracing the RTR market with a nitro/fe/gas cat line in the next 2 years?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Ron Olson

BB, I hit Mike up about that last April at the Toledo show and at that time there were no plans for a Cat. If Russ had his way though they'd have a little bit of everything! We'll have to keep bugging Russ to put one out.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one and a little dissapointed that the Rio is not a cat. I have plans to get a gas cat in the future and would like it to be an aquacraft. One can only hope I guess.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
JCAustralia

Has anybody bought and tried the RIO 51 yet???

Please let us know.....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: jerome888business

Please let us know.....

According to Russ
(In the US the month is listed before the day so December 10th)
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
martno1fan

Cant wait to hear how this one goes after so many bad reports on the last one it will be interesting to see if they have solved the problems im especially looking forward to hear how the new engine compaires .Would be nice to see a good rtr boat for the new boater at a good price that actually works well for a change.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 AM
pyro1

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Russ Williamson

FWIW; Everything on the Rio 51 was designed here in the USA, including the hull all the hardware and made per our specifications. If this makes it a "Chinese boat", then I guess most all off-shore SuperBoats (like the Fountains) also look this way [8D]

Rw

ORIGINAL: pyro1

It looks like a Chinese Boat(which it is). Strip out the motor and all out drive hdw. and replace it with proven parts and you might have a decent boat. WHHs is going to offer a Chinese line of entry level boats in the near future. Tony spends alot of time in China working with them on all designs. I will keep everyone posted on the arrival of these boats.

KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE!!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: jerome888business

Please let us know.....
They may have ordered one but they're not out yet. I think that I know where a video is at though.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
mopartybob

I'm really interested in the shaft oiling system,If ordered thru the parts system,is it easily adaptable for use in other boats??...[:-]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
webdr

Im excited to get mine!
Im going to ask Carol at Hobbico to send me the 3 blade prop too so I can test with both. GPS top speed will definately be in the review...this is going to be a good one!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
martno1fan

whats special about a shaft oiling system ? they have been using them for years not hard to make your own bob .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56315.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	813403  
Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
mopartybob

thanks for the pic mart,Have'nt seen 'em used round here though..?? any probs or issues that might relate to the rio 51...(oil slinging) ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.