Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

MHZ CT03

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:02 AM
stoddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MHZ CT03

Hanspeters hulls are far superior to Mhz in my mind. having been to germany and seen most of the hulls for sale out there,

i'm currently building two ct04 the finish inside and out is the best i have seen even down to the naca ducts and the power scoops.
and i only waited 3 weeks for each boats to arrive. one is finished in carbon the other in carbon kevlar and the quality is perfect.
i have also seen them finished with the silver carbon cloth and that looked amazing.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:53 AM
tiqueman97

I agree about the craftsmanship of the HPR hulls.. outstanding! I went back and forth for almost a year and a half before deciding on my CT04 purchase. Hanspeters shop to my door in the US in 3.5 weeks. Would have been sooner but it got kicked back at customs. I did order some misc. parts from MHZ a few years ago for another boat. 2 of the 3 were 90% flawless, the other was a bit far from "perfection". I also agree that most out there will be covering it w/ paint, but as said by NVS, when your paying out that kind of money, as a buyer, you expect perfection.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:59 PM
SUZUKIROB
My Feedback: (20)

Sorry been busy all day. It's MHZ USA Dr Loo Yap. I'll try to upload some photos tonight just got home. Don't get me wrong on this, the lay-up is good all though they could deburr the inside a little better. These are big dollar boats and you would expect the best since this is what they boast. I'm not cheap maybe frugal at times but not cheap. I choose MHZ for the quailty not the price. This thing is nothing like the Iceberg I have. Like nvs motorsports sez's its not a 500 dollar hull. I sent the photos to Hanspeter. He didn't like the finish. He might be part time but as far as I'm concerned he is the king of the big cats right now. I waited 2 months for this hull and it was supposed to be in stock! I do plan to paint, but it should be my option to paint or not. The bottom of the hull needs to be worked over as you will see in the photos. Didn't plan on painting the bottom. Like I said the mold is beat. I'm working on uploading photos for all to see and would like your opinions as I consider myself a fare man and will give MHZ a chance to make this good. I have to resize the photos. Thanks for all the input

Old 11-28-2008, 09:29 PM
SUZUKIROB

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14585.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1080542  
Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
SUZUKIROB

okay I think I got it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14248.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1080544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62492.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1080545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52986.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1080546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87383.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1080547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38773.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1080548  
Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
SUZUKIROB

Tell me what you think.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:49 AM
nvs motorsports

I tell you what i think that is absolutely pathetic that MH$ has allowed that into a retail enviroment for the price they charge
I build real boats an scale boats item is pulled out like that you would at least detail the item to perfection
You can tell by the finish the problem is the molds have not been maintained or repaired those marks are from crazing an hairline cracks in the mold as for the chip that is cause by to much resin build up in the corner during lamination
Old 11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: SUZUKIROB

Tell me what you think.
Welcome to the MH$ club. "Substitute - there is no perfection"

I would like to think a company who claim the best would deliver such. I hope to hear you having some success in having this resolved but have personally seen worse from Dr Who.

Being that you are in the neighbourhood you might consider rocking up to his house (the US Warehouse) with hull in hand and get his take on why he shipped it to you in such condition.
For me he blamed one of the guys in his warehouse (his house) though later shipped the same (returned) damaged item to another customer as new (Must have been the same guy in the same warehouse making the same mistake).

You may also get the "why didnt you refuse the shipment as damaged" line I once got. Dont be surprised if this somehow becomes your fault

Old 11-29-2008, 06:40 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell me what you think.
Well as a relative newbie to the rc world of glass boat building i can honestly say that looks shocking,it does look like the mould is shot.Also not sure but in one pic it looks like they smeared some gelcoat filler over one area and didnt even rub it down flat,we all get the odd blemish when building hulls but me personally i allways fill any slight air holes and smooth them out to make them as invisible as is possible.I wouldnr send a boat out in that condition,i have a few laying arround here that arent that bad and i wont sell them as they are.I will make them right and paint them first .For someone charging $500 a hull that quallity is shocking to be honest,i for one pride myself on making things as good as i can so i would never send anything out that looked that bad and then have the cheak to charge that price [X(].
Mart
Old 11-29-2008, 07:33 AM
SUZUKIROB

I thought he was working out of his house. I hate being lied too. I was told the first hull was damaged by a fork truck in his warehouse. I knew that was BS story. He offered me a full return or a $125 discount for the $1000 MHZ hull. I think I'll take the full return and send my money to Hanspeter he seems more honest. I'm worrried if I send the CT back Dr Loo is going to give me the run around. What do you think justaddwata sounds like you have had some bad dealings with DR who. Okay gotta run I'll check back in tonight. Thanks to all for your input.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:44 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take it yourself see him face to face and get yer money back ,or swap it for one thats ok?.that said it wont take much to make it good but ask for $200 off the price?.
Mart
Old 11-29-2008, 09:19 AM
nvs motorsports

Maybe someone should copy it in the U.S and make decent product for half the price
Morally not the correct thing to do but if you cant get decent boats that will fix the problem and take DR WHO out of the loop
Old 11-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Gpap

Tell me what you think.
Hi Mate

Yes my friend that one is bad, as I said I have had 12 or so in the past year but nothing like that one, sure we get them with some small imperfections but that part and parcel of the Model boat industry. As I said before its all in the prep work if its not done or the mould is getting old or over used that happens. MHZ germany needs to do something about it.

well guys Im off I have come in to the office on a sunday morning (6.00am) to finish the radio box and go for a test run with my GTX Hull we have been building.

cheers
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought he was working out of his house. I hate being lied too. I was told the first hull was damaged by a fork truck in his warehouse. I knew that was BS story.

From the MH$usa website - After obtaining an RA, the address merchandise should be returned to is: MHZusa c/o Returns Department, [link=http://photos.imageevent.com/justaddwata/morerc/assortedpostingfolder/who/huge/14120%20Reflection%20Lakes%20Drive_%20Ft%20Myers_% 20FL%2033907.jpg]14120 Reflection Lakes Drive, Ft Myers, FL 33907, U.S.A[/link].

Returns department (he has many departments )

Old 11-29-2008, 10:50 PM
SUZUKIROB

I googled that address. No warehouse its located in a residentual neighborhood. What a squid.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
stuch

its as easy as this i do mail order for a living. theres this thing called a charge back on you're credit card. if the dealer refuses to take back damaged goods or the product isn't what it was supossed to be. and the dealer gives you the run around and trys to claim its the buyers fault. and will not take back to product. then all you do is call the 1-800# on the back of the credit card and get a live person on the phone and say i want to do a charge back. at that moment she will give you a tempory credit. and then send you out some papers to fill out through the mail explaining what happened between you and the dealer. then they send the dealer a charge back notice. usally when they see that there ready to suck you're you no what and make it right. if they don't do anything the credit card bank takes the money outta his account. and he also get hit with a $26 charge back fee. and theres nothing the dealer can do then. you win the dispute. and in some cases if the dealer doesn't fight it and ask for the product back you get to keep the money and the product...just tell the dealer you're going to do a charge back on the card. if he's smart he'll make it right right there and then. if you bought the boat with a check or money order. then you're at the mercy of the dealer. then you just post smack on here about them and they loose in the long run from lost business.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 PM
SUZUKIROB

I thought about the charge back. I may be forced to do that. He has offered to refund my money though. I would really just like another hull that I don't have to completely refinish. Your right he is only hurting himself in the long run. Word of mouth is powerful thing.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 AM
sikR31

i was going to buy the mhz hunter but after hearing the horror stories on here and looking at shipping costs i am going to scratch build a 60'' mono with my old man.
that hull of yours looks like its been dragged behind a truck...
hey gpap how much to send a couple of z drives and a gearbox to old A-town?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Gpap

ORIGINAL: sikR31

i was going to buy the mhz hunter but after hearing the horror stories on here and looking at shipping costs i am going to scratch build a 60'' mono with my old man.
that hull of yours looks like its been dragged behind a truck...
hey gpap how much to send a couple of z drives and a gearbox to old A-town?

Hi Mate

at the momment the new Z drives are dew to be manufactored in Feb 09, we do have the old style Z drive but it would be worth waiting for the new ones as they are better quality and improved. The gearbox is in stock log onto our web site www.hobbydepot.com.au and you will find them under MHZ
Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 AM
sikR31

yeah thats cool i still gotta build the hull yet anyway!