Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

My 48in Jordo Cat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

My 48in Jordo Cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 AM
nooh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 48in Jordo Cat

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

No worries mate, will PM it to you. Next time you get your electrics wet flush them out with metho, you can still try it on the reciever. Just soak it and brush it with an old tooth brush. Let it dry completely before pluging it in.
Ok m8, have to go buy some first, will try it out tomorrow. been 4 days now since the two got wet, but got nothing to loose m8, thanks for the tip.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:22 PM
viperhulls

Hi Henry, anything more to report on the cat, have you run it yet since the accident?. Any news on the use of the lake?.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
nooh

ORIGINAL: viperhulls

Hi Henry, anything more to report on the cat, have you run it yet since the accident?. Any news on the use of the lake?.

Hi Tony.

The cats ok now all fixed up, But can only still get 84kph out of it, Tried everything just think the motor can't go any faster. No matter Im happy still 84ks is still fast and it does look good at that speed, wanted to get a clip of her going around but can't find a driver for my old handycam so I can download on my computer, And I did ask the club about us using the lakes they said it was ok, but im still waiting for permission for the sand mining company who owns the lease on them, Im pretty sure it will ok but just need to get the ok.
The one I use is only good for a couple of boats the lakes big but the pit area is small, The one the club said we could use is the biggest and the pit area is good for 20 boats, but one little problem, there's bloody big sharks in the thing so we would need a big rescue boat in case on breaks down and I ain't going out in no 12foot tinny thats for sure, bloody sharks bigger than that.
The bloke I talked too from the sand mining place is the bosses son, he fly's RC planes and he suggested we use the lake where the RC yachties use, thats the one where I hit the bloody buoy, it would be great if we could but its too close to the clubhouse and i think the noise would bother the golfers, hate golfers hey. anyway m8 when i get the go ahead i will try and get everyone down this way for a run. mmmmmmmmm, just gotta find a real big boat. lol.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:19 AM
MrMikeG

cooper mufflers. no loss of power but great on noise!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM
nooh

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

cooper mufflers. no loss of power but great on noise!

Oi Mike, ???????????? maybe could be the pipe, I had it at 12 and 1/2 and 12 and 1/4 then back up too 12 and 5/8 still no difference in speed. The motor scream ok, but just no guts, Maybe will try a steel pipe and see what happenes. Thanks m8, and your parcel should be there monday or tuesday ok.. Thanks m8.