Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Stalling and a few other questions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Stalling and a few other questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
mikewait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling and a few other questions

Well i tried my team pro today and it was awesome!!! It's one thing to watch youtube videos but driving it for real is so awesome!!!!!
But after i ran it for around 15 minutes it stalled, i was driving it slow and the engine just stopped...
So i brought the boat back to shore and then tried to start it back up it was tough but about 7 or 8 pulls i got it going again.
So i ran it for a while... had some fun and then slowed down to just about an idle and it stalled.

What should i do or check, this boat is brand new and i have no experience for rc boats, so i don't really what to do...
Should i try to speed up the idle a little? But it stalled when i was going slow ( the boat was moving it wasn't idling so would the idle still affect it?)

Question 2- My boat is a little to loud, could i sound proof the inside??? anybody know anywhere that i can buy waterproof soundproofing?
Also can i get a silencer some how to make it really quiet with out loosing a lot of performance? I don't want to have to cut holes in my pipe or any thing like. Is there anything that i can up stick on at the end of the pipe?

Thank you so much for the help guys im a noob at gas boats. I had a zig zag racer and now that i got this i will never turn back!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Stalling and a few other questions

Yeah, turn up the idle speed a little as more than likely the load of the prop in the water was enough to stall it.
Soundproofing the inside would help a lot as the hull can make a lot of noise by itself from the vibrations. Finding a suitable materail is the trick though as I don't know of any that would not only deaden the sound but not soak up water. The boaters across the Big Pond might have some input on that as their maximum dB levels are lower than those on this side.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Dan S

Mike,
put some pics of the pipe so we can tell you what muffler should work on it.
put some pics of the boat also.

does it have a clutch?

does it have a water pump?

what engine and carb do you have?

what are the LSN and HSN set at?

adjust the idling with your transmitter (which is more than likely all it needs).
what do you have inside the boat that is making so much noise (beside the tune pipe)?

once you get a muffler on it will be quieter.

Dan.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 PM
mikewait

Alright i will get some pics up tomorrow!
But i can tell you right now it has a clutch and a water pump and i have the g260 m5 mod engine, i don't know what carb though :\
And i have no idea what my HSN and LSN are set too and i will speed up my idle tomorrow when i run it.

Well i have a wet pipe so that would make it a little less noisey but still i would like it quieter.. im currently looking for some some sound proofing, but i think i will buy the silencer from Ware house hobbies.
[link=http://9x4br.64n2f.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EX9070]http://9x4br.64n2f.servertrust.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EX9070[/link]

Another question, i am worried about the water intake getting clogged by debris and guck in the water, so could i put another intake on the other side and hook both of them up to a splitter then run it to the pump?? Because if one intake gets blocked i will still have another to pick up water so i will not over heat... Would that work or would the pump not have enough suction??
Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 PM
bondobuster

ORIGINAL: mikewait

Another question, i am worried about the water intake getting clogged by debris and guck in the water, so could i put another intake on the other side and hook both of them up to a splitter then run it to the pump?? Because if one intake gets blocked i will still have another to pick up water so i will not over heat... Would that work or would the pump not have enough suction??
Yes you can split them. I have two intakes going into a "tee' then goes into the water pump. No problems whatsoever....
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 AM
bondobuster

Thank you so much for the help guys im a noob at gas boats. I had a zig zag racer and now that i got this i will never turn back!
I use my zig zag as a retriever boat if ever I stall out on the pond. It really is a valuable little boat that has helped me and others out more than a few times....
Old 07-09-2009, 12:19 AM
mikewait

quote:

I use my zig zag as a retriever boat if ever I stall out on the pond. It really is a valuable little boat that has helped me and others out more than a few times....
HAHA ya i should do that too... Wait can your zig zag racer bring back you boat when it's flipped and it's full of water??? well i haven't flipped my boat yet but it must weigh a ton when it's full of water.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM
bondobuster

Check this video of my buds boat.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYzpx3GyTjw
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
pcg33k

That guy needs to tie a fishing line to the zig zag racer then circle his boat then just reel her in. I have a zig zag racer tied a fishing line to the back and attached the fishing reel to the top of the remote with some plastic ties. Best $80 I spent so far.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM
mikewait

That guy needs to tie a fishing line to the zig zag racer then circle his boat then just reel her in. I have a zig zag racer tied a fishing line to the back and attached the fishing reel to the top of the remote with some plastic ties. Best $80 I spent so far.
I don't exactly get what you mean... could you post a picture of you zig zag racer some times so i can see how you set it up.
That is if you don't mind me using your idea
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've used the same type of setup. I used one of the included balls that comes with the ZZR and attached it to a cup hook mounted low on the transom.