Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
zaca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

does anyone have a t4 they have up for sale
Old 11-28-2010, 07:42 AM
F1madness

Hey tuanboat,that looks great,cant wait to see it hit the water and see how she goes
Nice workmanship on the leg aswell
F1
ORIGINAL: tuanboat

finished assembling a new board

Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM
tuanboat

Thank f1madness

Old 11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
wave waker

Tuanboat, [sm=thumbup.gif]that's a very sharp looking tunnel, i like the capsule canopy kind of,,how's boat performance?

ww
Old 11-28-2010, 07:47 PM
tuanboat

thank you a lot today I will try to water it down for you o you know how it will run
Old 11-28-2010, 10:28 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tuanboat

thank you a lot today I will try to water it down for you o you know how it will run
great work ! i like the capsule .. well if you crash the boat the driver will be safe [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: zaca

does anyone have a t4 they have up for sale
best to ask on the nitro side for a T-4
Old 11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Jackal1983

Is there any plans or measurements for zen Legs out there?

Jack
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 PM
YPC

Hi Jack
I dont know of any individual who would be willing to post all there measurements /design of a leg they have created ( I wouldn't), but I can encourage you in that a Gas Outboard leg is Not Rocket Science- infact it is as simple as 'Wheel Barrow' theory.
The actual concept is basically attaching a prop and skeg to a pivoting leg which can carry a motor. No Tall order.
The choice/decision you have in what it looks like, is yours- you may want that Full SCALE look which will require some serious milling or casting (very costly)- or you may, like ourselves look to design a simpler looking outbourd leg, based more on Outright Racing Performance backed with Affordadability and Availability
The manufacturing process will also be a major design consideration for you, if you are wanting to retail the leg.
We have come up with a Rating Indicator for our new leg in 2011
AAA- Affordable- Available - Awesome.
Attached photos are of our 2010 YPC X- RAY leg- Simplicity in reality, yet very effective and well proven - However our 2011 Leg will be even simpler and more affordable.
Keep us posted with what you chose to do.
Kinf Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28573.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1528516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55870.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1528517  
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 PM
YPC

I have recieved a number of mail enquiries about our latest YPC 2010 Wrap outboard pipe, so I thought it best to reply on the forum to all.
Due to continued development and client requests,we have developed a custom manifold so that the length of the pipe can now be adjusted for those who want a variable length outboard wrap tune pipe.
This pipe has to be fitted with the traditional water cooling exhaust flange manifold. The advantage to this is that the position of the pipe can be rotated (moved up or down)to better suite a particular brand of leg, where as the previous fixed manifold was preset, limiting the pipe position options.
The Exspantion Chamber is of the same design as the previous YPC009 pipe. We continue to not have a need to run a silencer. Due to the unique position of the stinger, the pulse wave is at its lowest pressure at this point, hence least noise. (acts like a reverse stinger)
We have run this pipe with great success this year under race conditions on various stages of modified 26cc motors from standard timmings to as much as 185 degree Xhaust timming.
We will be looking at launching a package deal with our new 2011 leg and pipe for 2011 - making F1 Gas Boating more Affordable !
Kind Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft.

Name:	Wu61967.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1528614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65330.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1528615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93276.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1528616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85701.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1528617  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Body Guard

Hi Dom,
Long time no chat. Looking forward to see your latest lowers and the pipe.
No new development on the IIGOB committee.
I have been invited to organise F2 Powerboat race here for 2011. maybe it could coincide with our programme of the 1st GOB meeting here. ?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Jackal1983

ORIGINAL: YPC

Hi Jack
I dont know of any individual who would be willing to post all there measurements /design of a leg they have created ( I wouldn't), but I can encourage you in that a Gas Outboard leg is Not Rocket Science- infact it is as simple as 'Wheel Barrow' theory.
The actual concept is basically attaching a prop and skeg to a pivoting leg which can carry a motor. No Tall order.
The choice/decision you have in what it looks like, is yours- you may want that Full SCALE look which will require some serious milling or casting (very costly)- or you may, like ourselves look to design a simpler looking outbourd leg, based more on Outright Racing Performance backed with Affordadability and Availability
The manufacturing process will also be a major design consideration for you, if you are wanting to retail the leg.
We have come up with a Rating Indicator for our new leg in 2011
AAA- Affordable- Available - Awesome.
Attached photos are of our 2010 YPC X- RAY leg- Simplicity in reality, yet very effective and well proven - However our 2011 Leg will be even simpler and more affordable.
Keep us posted with what you chose to do.
Kinf Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

i have a few ideas of makling the leg... but a few things are stopping me.... What diameter prop are you using... 70mm??? also whats the plate for above the prop???? stop you spraying the engine with water??? something to do with cavatation.. Never seen a boat run in the UK so dont really know but does the prop ride on the semi submerged or full submerged?....
has anyone built a trim system for them so you can ajust when going along like the real deal????

Jack
Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
YPC

Hi Body Guard !
Sorry for not keeping the committee project going ! I have been caught up in some personal issues in the last quater that has taken my time.
However -All is well, fortunately as storms come, so they go.
We are very exited about the potential of the new leg. If all works out well, it will be a 'very affordable leg' which we strongly feel is the breakthrough that the F1 Gas outbooard class needs to REALLY get the numbers up-sustainably. Our initial goal is to present a outboard leg that is as affordable as equiping an inboard set up.
When is the F2 event you are mannaging in 2011 ?
We are having our Last Race Meeting for 2010 this coming Saturday- A day of FUN Racing- I cant beleive that the year is over.
Have you had any news on hoe your SA Hull is being developed- I am looking forward to be racing with the guys at our coming 2011 Nationals. We have actually mannged to have the F1 INBOARDS race in a class of there own with the added points option in SCALE presentation, so it will be a awesome class.
Take Care
Regards
Dominic(YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
YPC

Hi Jack
Genrally the props average 67-70mm in diameter. The plate is not all important. In some casses it acts as a water pick up platform. As you can seee in the pictures, my personal leg has the plate cut back. I find that it allows the prop to throw the water clear of the prop without the water being slpashed back onto it as it bounces of the bottom of the plate. The plate is also a partial safetry guard.These props a dangerous.
The props are surface peircing type and run 1/2 in the water.
The thinner the leg, the better the prop works as thicker legs need to run High to eliminate water drag - but this increases the prop slip.
Yes- we have run Trim/Tilt set ups, however, since realising that the major problem with turning was caused by adjusting the leg angle at the pivot pin, and since found a better solution, no trim unit is required.
A trim set up also adds big cost to the package- New Radio- another 1/4 scale servo plus Trim Unit = Not worth it !
I would strongly suggest that if you have the abbility /desire to build a leg of your own, start of with something that is already available on the market. There ar ea good number of legs to chose from now. You will give yourself a chance to learn so much more about what is required that will pay good dividend when you build your own design/product.
There are a couple of great guys in the UK with outboard set ups- connect with them through this forum and see what they have.
Kind Regards
Dominic(YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Name:	Mk27525.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1528799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73838.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1528800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77698.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1528801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45591.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1528802  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
arraiano

Hello F1 gas people

F1mad got a great hull their trying making one myself some old plans pick up,blowing it up for a gas,inboard
Tuan hull looks great the colour is really something different nice,how about a video of it.
Dom were do i pick up a web page of SA modelling boats?
Whats happenned tp Cobus F1 hull hasnt it gone for a bath yet?

Best regards

Arraiano

Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 AM
YPC

Hi Arraiano
Good to hear from you.
I am happy to hear that you are to be building a boat. Let me know if we can help with anything if need be.
There are no particular SA web pages of model boats as such. Some of our various clubs have webpages which could be easily searched under SA Model Boat clubs I am sure.
I will post our National Web Page once it is re-established (in December)
I am not sure what is happening on other development fronts ? Have not heard any news.
Take care
Regards
Dominic(YPC)
Youngz Peerformance Craft
Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 AM
F1madness

ORIGINAL: arraiano

Hello F1 gas people

F1mad got a great hull their trying making one myself some old plans pick up,blowing it up for a gas,inboard
Tuan hull looks great the colour is really something different nice,how about a video of it.
Dom were do i pick up a web page of SA modelling boats?
Whats happenned tp Cobus F1 hull hasnt it gone for a bath yet?

Best regards

Arraiano

Thanks bud,keeps us posted on your build,good luck
rgds Daz

Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
arraiano

Hi Dom

I was starting to build a boat it was quiet a old plan but a few things in the plan put me off so i am going or alter these one which want be easy dont no much about it yet or look for something else because we got a long winter ahead not like yours,short.
Regards

Arraiano
Old 12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
ACaetano

Hi EVERYBODY supporting this fantastic thread

Thanks Dominic for your experience and tech support

Finaly I have my ILLUSION ready to go...... only waiting for good weather. I'll try to insert one or two photos of my final work

Regards

Name:	Ay75232.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1531922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78380.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1531923  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Quickdraw 35 Outboard

Hi All,
I just happened to stumble upon this thread, and RC Universe, through a Google search. Fantastic to see large scale outboards are gaining popularity. I got started with mine back in 1997 when I purchased an Outboard Innovations leg, and a 56" F1 boat, while on holidays in the US. Due to issues with their geared lower units, they were only selling a flex cable version at the time I purchased mine. However, later in the holiday, I located a 2nd hand, Geared version while in Vegas. When I got the first leg, I was told it would accept the Quickdraw 35 engine, turns out it wouldn't, so once back in Australia, I had an adapter plate made to bolt the 2 together.Unfortunately, due to the extra weight of the QD over a Zenoah, the 56" tunnel was too narrow to carry the weight. So the solution, build a larger, 60" x 25" boat. I'm now planning to have it back on the water over Christmas, so I've just ordered some spares from Quickdraw, including a proper outboard pipe to suit the 35.

The geared unit, probably as per usual, had stripped gears when I got it. The gears are labeled as a "Browning YSM24B18" Does anyone know if these gears are available, and where?

I haven't seen any pics here of the Outboard Innovations boat or engines. Does any one have them? How does the boat perform with a Zenoah? I'd be interested to hear others experiences with these products, and see if its worth putting a zenoah on my other boat. I have also built, for those who might befamiliar, a 1/3 scale of the Australian 1750 Bullet, an open cockpit mono ski/race boat. It hasn't seen the water yet, but early next yearI might have time to finish it.

For those who haven't seen them ......

Name:	Yu63707.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	1533135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20952.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	1533136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82115.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	1533137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34344.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	1533138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of57974.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	1533139  
Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 AM
F1madness

Welcome to the forum
Cool thats a big hull LOL
Cant wait to build mine 
Have you got any vids of her running
Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Body Guard

Hi ,
Welcome to the forum mate.
Love the look of that OB motor which indeed is very scale like. I think it was done by a feller name Ron Anderson in the US but don't quote me, as it was many years ago.
With the QD 26, it might just be right. With the QD 35, that hull would be tail heavy from my view of your whole set up, but then again I might be wrong when that hull run like all ob tunnel should.
Anyways, thanks for sharing. If there is any info on where to purchase such lowers (current address or links) it would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Latiff
Old 12-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Eddy de Vries

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Quickdraw 35 Outboard
The gears are labeled as a ''Browning YSM24B18'' Does anyone know if these gears are available, and where?

I haven't seen any pics here of the Outboard Innovations boat or engines.
Quickdraw 35 Outboard,

I like the looks of your boat. Googeling with ''Browning YSM24B18'' [link=http://www.wbds.com/(S(bzv3aq45dfspphevmudtlwrj))/catalog.aspx?lid=50260]this[/link] popped up. Hope it is what you'r looking for.

I posted some scans of 1997 Outboard Innovations catalogs on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7065963/mpage_21/key_/tm.htm]this page[/link].

ORIGINAL: Body Guard
I think it was done by a feller name Ron Anderson in the US but don't quote me, as it was many years ago.
Latiff,

I could not find any names in above catalogs or envelope, but I think you are mixing things up. Ron Anderson was involved with the birth of the fullsize engine and still does engine tuning on them. He also used to do model tunnelboats though and I believe he still has a large collection.

Rgds, Eddy

Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Body Guard

Hi Eddy,
Good to hear from you now and again. I know you are keeping tabs on this forum as it is after all about gas OB. Like I said, don't quote me. It was a long time ago when I saw the picture of the motor with Ron holding it up in his hands. It need not necessarily be from him. Could be just advertising pic. But I do remember that it was from a magazine and that the height of the motor was 11". My recollection on the said motor was the gear case was very scale like of the ssm gear case. The gear case on Quickdraw 35 OB looks more like the 45ss full size gear case.
I know Ron was involved with the full scale motors but didn't know he was also into models. So he's still very involved with the tuning does he.? Anyways, it's good to get the infos here and there on gas OB development.

Cheers

Latiff
Old 12-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Quickdraw 35 Outboard

ORIGINAL: Eddy de Vries

ORIGINAL: Quickdraw 35 Outboard
The gears are labeled as a ''Browning YSM24B18'' Does anyone know if these gears are available, and where?

I haven't seen any pics here of the Outboard Innovations boat or engines.
Quickdraw 35 Outboard,

I like the looks of your boat. Googeling with ''Browning YSM24B18'' [link=http://www.wbds.com/(S(bzv3aq45dfspphevmudtlwrj))/catalog.aspx?lid=50260]this[/link] popped up. Hope it is what you'r looking for.

I posted some scans of 1997 Outboard Innovations catalogs on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7065963/mpage_21/key_/tm.htm]this page[/link].

ORIGINAL: Body Guard
I think it was done by a feller name Ron Anderson in the US but don't quote me, as it was many years ago.
Latiff,

I could not find any names in above catalogs or envelope, but I think you are mixing things up. Ron Anderson was involved with the birth of the fullsize engine and still does engine tuning on them. He also used to do model tunnelboats though and I believe he still has a large collection.

Rgds, Eddy

Ron Anderson was involved with the development of the Merc V6 engine. He now develops and builds outboard race engines. He relocated to the Gold Coast, Australia back in about 1994 till the late 90's, where he continued to develop his race engines. He was always heavily into the RC boat scene over here, but I'm not too sure how heavily he participated back in the US.
He had a LOT of AMPS engines & boats, of which I bought 2 engines and also ended up with Seebold boat. He wasn't involved with the Outboard Innovations product, they were being produced just outside New Orleans, I think the guys name was Chris. But It was actually Ron who brought my 2nd, geared Outboard Innovations leg back to Australia for me. BH Hansen, in Las Vegas, had it, and at the time, I didn't buy it, but later had second thoughts. Given Ron was returning to the US for about a month, I asked him to collect it and bring it back to Aus for me.

Eddy, Thanks for the link for those gears, I'll follow that one up. Hopefully they are the ones.

David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.