Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

designing an 80"cruiser

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

designing an 80"cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:58 AM
loppol60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default designing an 80"cruiser

hi all.i want to build a large rc boat but apart from the 72" mono i didnt find any.so i decided to design them myself.The cruiser will be 80" long with a beam of 35".It will be powered by twin engines(49cc water cooled minimoto).im only going to design the hull,so ill build the cowl later.i will design it to be big and heavy but very stable in chopy water and cable of taking a beating.any suggestions and tips welcome,thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: designing an 80

You sure you want her to be 35" wide? That is very wide for an 80" boat. Guess it will depend in part on the design but I know the 84" apache is around 18" and the [link=http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/myboats/otherpics/canoepaint?p=45&n=1&m=-1&c=2&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=4]96" Fountain is only 25[/link]".

Certainly look forward to hearing more and seein your progress with this build.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 AM
loppol60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi yes im sure its gonna be 35"...actually make it about 40".I know its gonna be wide but im not building a power boat,im build ing a big robust boat, and for it to fit in twin pocket bike motors it has to be wide. heres a very rough sketch of it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53880.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1251646  
Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at that pic by the time you add your gear into it the transom is going to be under water,work out the volume inside and im sure im right.Its gonna sink [sm=drowning.gif],i still say your way off the mark with this thing 35" wide for a vee is very very wide for that size hull.Also just because you intend using pocket bike motors doesnt mean its going to move that thing,what size props are you going to use for this monster.Sorry for been so negative but we have seen all these ideas before and not many get actually built.What experience do you have with these boats?.
Mart