Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Forabuck Cobra Hull

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Forabuck Cobra Hull

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:41 AM
jworm49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forabuck Cobra Hull

Hello everyone just thought I would share with you my most recent trip to the river. For those that haven’t read or answered my posts before, my boat is a little bit of a Frankenstein . I’m guessing that who ever put her together didn’t take the time to make things all neat and tidy like most of the boats I’ve seen pictures of on this and other sites. At any rate she’s a Cobra hull From Vern “for a buck” running a stock Zen 260. I finally got some of her issues worked out and headed down to the river this past weekend. I figured I should adjust the trim tabs a bit since this would be the first time that I was going to open her up. I’m assuming that when people say a boat is running wet they mean that a lot of the hull is in the water while running. This was the case while I was running that day. All and all I was very happy this was buy far the best day of running to date. I made it through about ¾ of a tank. May not sound like much but with all the problems I have had with her I was happy. Speeds were kind of slow I’m guessing around 30-maybe 35 but she was handling quite well passing over the chop of her own wake pretty easily. Cornering seemed pretty good as well. I had a few spin outs and getting back on the gas she would kind of bog down for a few seconds before taking off again. I was running a three blade prop because I couldn’t get it off (it seems to be stuck in the drive dog) I wanted to switch to a two blade because I’ve herd that a three blade is better for a mod motor. I just wanted to see how much difference it made but I’ll have to wait till I can get it off to compare it to the two blade. So in the end I’m finding that the Cobra hull is a pretty decent runner. I am however looking to change to a WWH hull. I put a add In the wanted adds on this site, if anyone has a Mag 57 or Team pro hull in good shape let me know thanks guys and happy boating.