Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Im a tennis ball Marksman !!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Im a tennis ball Marksman !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 PM
xpresssi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a tennis ball Marksman !!

I have now realized through this gas boat experience that I have masterd one thing and onething only.. Imitenotbeanygoodat tuneing these evil lil monster motors, nor have I been able to run this high powerd paper weight that I have way to much money in , to enjoy .. The one thing that I have over all you well seasoned boaters is this. !!! You can not beat me at lobing a tenis ball into the lake and coming out with a 41" F-41 Stryker stick Bass in one shot !!

If you think that you have the mad skills that The Boe here does.. Bring it. LOL I have had alot of practice and my skills are sharp and my cast is insane.. My boating life sucks but I will kill on some fishing this next summer.. Be looking for me on your next fishing mag cover LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
bondobuster

Default RE: Im a tennis ball Marksman !!

Maybe "RC Boat Fisherman" in the October issue. I'll keep an eye out for your article and "pro-tips"....... LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
srw1960

LOL so glad you still have your sense of humor
Old 09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, you reminded me of a funny story....

One day I was running a nitro boat out at a rather large pond, there was almost no wind blowing..small breeze across shore. As my boat dies for about the tenth time in ten minutes I got my main rc boating gear (fishing pole) cast out the ole tennis ball..and missed. Then with out any notice the wind changed and started blowing out..real softly..I cast and cast..the boat was out quite aways..

then the breeze absolutely stopped...I realized that the boat is right on the end of my casting ability..I only have one more chance...I lean back..give it everything I've got..the ball sails out and hits my boat pushing it to the center of the pond....

So I set there, getting madder..the wind is gone, except for a tiny breeze that literally blows to the left, then the right of my boat. I eventually got so disgusted I left..drove into town..got a sandwich and drink..drove back and it was still in the middle.. It took at least two hours to get back to shore from the time it died !!!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 PM
xpresssi

LMAO, thank you for the story, Not that I would know what you are talking about LOL but well you know .. Thank you for the support guys I really needed to try to laugh this off and you guys have helped ..
Thank you again.

I did come up with a prity neat lil jig for my tennis ball that has helped me alot with my marksman toss, I took a right angle pic and ramed it thew the ball makin two holes about an inch apart, wraping about a foot of the line in a fugure 8 patern around both ends of the pic, then I made my third hole about an inch from the second buring the right angle into the ball which is now locking my line. After I jab the pic end into the ball I shove it in as far as it will go. The pic I am using is about 4inch in length and it grasps the rutter everytime.

I will post a pic of my boat catching bait in a lil bit, my arms are tired from trying to start my boat and casting for it.

Thanks againg guys I needed a good laugh !
Old 09-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Well, I've been using a method for a while and think I'll change my evil ways now....
Drilled out a two piece golf ball with a 1/4" bit. Threaded some 550 cord (parachute string) through & left it about six inches long and attached a wire leader onto an eight foot surf rod. Easily fling that joker a mile. Problem = golf ball = hard = busted fiberglass when thrown short. But its a fireball of a cannon when launching it.

For my hydro, I'll brobably utilize the preferred method of full scale retrieval boat.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk is cheap bring it on ,care to prove your so called marksmanship .
Mart
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM
xpresssi

You dont know who your messen with here, I have mad skills, Ive been know to retrieve 3 boats in a single shot of my whicked tennisball slinging wand and still containing my 2 screaming kids as I bandage up my blisters. IL put a new law out stating that I had to keep my fishing rod seporated from my tennisball when transporting..

Now ask yourself this, Do You Feel Lucky ?

" Doubledog "
That is some funny stuff there LMAO, I bet no one wants you to retrieve there boats for them do they lol.
ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Talk is cheap bring it on ,care to prove your so called marksmanship .
Mart
Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
LawHound

Gentlemen Gentlemen Control your selves the Following Article is the only way to Travel if you are over the Retirement Age it is a Big plus if you are receiving your Social Checks now if you are in this age range +++ the Following Article is for you. I have Built one of these and Use it for Ham Radio Antennas and Retrieving wayward Boats it works Great. I use a small Air Compressor from Harbor Freight to pump it up. I have Never put more than 60 psi in the unit it will shoot far out over the water. it is not a toy for unsupervised Children to play with you can get hurt with this thing!!!! I have yet to find a tree it will not shoot over the top of. Build it at your own risk. Doug.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Yw66977.pdf (2.88 MB, 22 views)
Old 09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Doubledog

You know, what makes it worse is I was considering a bow fishing outfit. If you're from the US you've probably seen them. Take a regular row & arrow type setup but the arrow is made of heavier fiberglass with a angling line & a fishing reel attached to the bow. Its only designed for short range hunting of 10m or less. My genius idea is to add a free spool of braided fishing line at about 200 yards. Aim high over the target & let 'er rip.

So far its never materialized. []
Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: xpresssi

You dont know who your messen with here, I have mad skills, Ive been know to retrieve 3 boats in a single shot of my whicked tennisball slinging wand and still containing my 2 screaming kids as I bandage up my blisters. IL put a new law out stating that I had to keep my fishing rod seporated from my tennisball when transporting..

Now ask yourself this, Do You Feel Lucky ?
[/quote]
Hey you trying to steal my catchphrase ,my last name been Eastwood you better watch out or ill have to saddle up my pony and don my poncho and come looking for yaa so tell me Do you Feel lucky,well do yaa lol
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2009, 01:32 PM
foodstick

I'll bet neither of you guys even go to the tennis ball casting camp they put on every january9-15 in the bahamas! I sure haven't seen you the last couple of years...Of course do to the backlog of V.I.P's that signup early..its not easy getting in..

The shore casting is ok, but its the skeet casting from the ship that really builds accuracy..
Old 09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
xpresssi

LMAOyou guys I dont know where to start first so here go's

Foodstick... I think you shuold know that I recieved an e-mail from the prez of the compatition and he has resigned since he seen my mad skills at play. He said something in the lines of your amazing.

Martno1fan.. Ill have my fishn rod and tennis ball waiting for ya. I just want you to know that this is the shakespere river rod, one of the most powerful tennisball slinging poles in the would, now you got to ask yourself ........ Do You Feel Lucky Punk ?

DoubleDog - OMG dude that is some of the funniest sh@t I have read in a min. I have a name for your invention, " The ACME Retrieve or Sink Unit, ((By Menen)). LOL

Lawhound- LMAO a spud gun, I never thought of it ... Hmm the possibilities.... Tennisball at mach 5 accrost the lake, heck even if I would miss the boat it would probably scare it back or like you said the percussion would send it to the other side LOL.

Im glad to see that there is more then just me with a vivid emagenation. I give you all a

Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Doubledog

necessity is the drive for invention.

The Spud Gun idea sounds like the most fun though.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
skboatman

Hey to all .... I just joined the forums ....I'm sitting here laughing at all the tennis ball stuff.
I have one wierd question (stupid maybe) ....
What is the best way to attach the tennis ball to whatever your using to launch it ??
Thanks for the info !!!! SK.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Doubledog

Push a string through it & out the other end. I like the parachute cord with a couple of knots. My buddies use the braided line on their reels and push it through and make a half circle and back. Either way will work. Heck its a cheap tennis ball. Better yet, if you really want some bouncy, get a racket ball. (dang, sounds like I need to heed my own advice & loose the golf ball)
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
skboatman

Thanks for the help....
I had a thought. My neighbor has a slinger for his dog. It's called a "chuck it" you can get it at a local pet store.
It is like a sling shot that fits a tennis ball in the end so you can throw it for the dog. he launches it (tennis ball) like 40 -50 yards !!
maybe this is something that could be used ?? Just thought I would thow that out there ...SK.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
MrMikeG

Tie the tennis ball to a boot lace, leave the rod home, hold reel in one hand spin the tennis ball holding the boot lace about 2 feet from tennis ball and release as it comes around toward dead boat. Easier on the shoulders and sails futher than most can cast, plus takes up minimal space when not in use. [8D]
Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 PM
foodstick

Mike you either have a better throwing arm than me..or you always break down closer to shore !

I once considered switching over to only control line boats....
Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
xpresssi

LOL Mike, you need to market that, I bet you will see a new dance in the clubs now. Instead of it being the soldier boy it will be the boater boy. You just started a new fad LOL

If he doesent break down close to shore id hate to see the size of these shoe strings he is speaking of lol

Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 PM
foodstick

Well, I hadn't really wanted to say anything until I got the production company up and running, but my new tennis ball boat retriever has been getting tested lately..its working pretty good..but the one problem we have had is you need to back way WAY up from the water! we were getting some hull damage, and casualties on the other side of the lake...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72779.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1277986  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Doubledog

ORIGINAL: skboatman

Thanks for the help....
I had a thought. My neighbor has a slinger for his dog. It's called a ''chuck it'' you can get it at a local pet store.
It is like a sling shot that fits a tennis ball in the end so you can throw it for the dog. he launches it (tennis ball) like 40 -50 yards !!
maybe this is something that could be used ?? Just thought I would thow that out there ...SK.

Yep, I know those quite well & my dog hates me for it. He's like "damn man, do you always have to throw that booger 400 yards everytime?" In other words those work quite well.

Now to complete the final details on the bowfishing launcher. Pretty cool too -> go rc boating and stick a deer at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78510.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1278016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42326.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1278017  
Old 09-19-2009, 02:41 AM
martno1fan

Haha now your all for it,ill be sure to get some video when i get this baby to see how far i can throw it .
Mart
PS Mike you must have big feet
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LONG-Dog-Tenni...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-19-2009, 08:27 AM
gtdad

well after further review, i'm gonna have to say i like foodstick's idea the best.  all i have to offer up is last night i had to breakout the pool saddles....my boat died about 50 yrds out and i was just waitin around for it to float back to shore when it got hung up on the drain for the lil lake.  it has a 20'x20' drain out about 20 yrds from land and go figure....mine got hung up.  there was no other way of getting it other than the "old fashion" way.  so i did my best swan dive and off i went!  burrrrrrrrr that sh*t was COLD!  September in missouri means the water is definately cooling off,  but what do ya do leave it out there?  Hell no!!  Man up and take a dip.  to top it all off, my sister happened to be driving by and got a hell of a rise out of it and not to mention the pictures she took.( which i'm sure will be posted all over facebook in the near future )  Well i've got to go....i've got to go practice casting!!    

I wonder if NASA has anything on their website for us???

Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
xpresssi

LMAO, I know how the winters are in Mo. and they are blistering cold at times. You are more of a man then me for sure I could not have maned up like that.

Oh and yes you better practice that casting if you want to gain the Mad ball loben skills I have developed !! LOL
ORIGINAL: gtdad

well after further review, i'm gonna have to say i likefoodstick's idea the best. all i have to offer up is last night i had to breakout the pool saddles....my boat died about 50 yrds out and i was just waitin around for it to float back to shore when it got hung up on the drain for the lil lake. it has a 20'x20' drain out about 20 yrds from land and go figure....mine got hung up. there was no other way of getting it other than the "old fashion" way. so i did my best swan dive and off i went! burrrrrrrrr that sh*t was COLD! September in missouri means the water is definately cooling off, but what do ya do leave it out there? Hell no!! Man up and take a dip. to top it all off, my sister happened to be driving by and got a hell of a rise out of it and not to mention the pictures she took.( which i'm sure will be posted all over facebook in the near future ) Well i've got to go....i've got to go practice casting!!

I wonder if NASA has anything on their website for us???