RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Super G' owners ~~ This is our thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/3395268-super-g-owners-%7E%7E-our-thread.html)

Jon DesJardins 11-14-2009 02:09 PM

RE: Super G' owners ~~ This is our thread

Looks nice !

cheesewizz69 11-14-2009 07:30 PM

I have not heard of anyone doing that. However it is possible you would need find the fittings in ali and then tig them on. I never attempted it because the issues I had with the whole assemble coming loose. One of the best things I did was switching to the wet tunned pipe. I think Tony also sells a muffler that will work with his wet tunned pipes if noise is still a concern.

Leo

skboatman 11-15-2009 12:01 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69

I have not heard of anyone doing that. However it is possible you would need find the fittings in ali and then tig them on. I never attempted it because the issues I had with the whole assemble coming loose. One of the best things I did was switching to the wet tunned pipe. I think Tony also sells a muffler that will work with his wet tunned pipes if noise is still a concern.

Leo

Thanks Leo .....Yes ...agreed.....wet tuned pipe would be the best bet. Seems like alot to go through just to put some fittings on there to direct exhaust away from boat !!! Thanks again !!! Steve K.

Doubledog 11-15-2009 02:51 AM

A cheap thought.

http://www.heliproz.com/images/hcap2175.jpg

skboatman 11-15-2009 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Doubledog

A cheap thought.

http://www.heliproz.com/images/hcap2175.jpg
Hi D -Dog ....I did think of these as our LHS has them but I havent found a size to fit over the stacks.
I actually use those on our 2 Traxxas T-Maxxes.
thanks for the thoughts !!!! SK.

scott09 12-04-2009 02:15 PM

Just got a G off ebay and the first step is to replace canister.
Can't decide between wet/dry. Like you, I also just really like the gurgle of exhaust in the water at idle.

I don't see that black wet pipe you installed on WHHsite did Tony have to hook you up with something different, perhaps due to available space back to transom or something?
Scott

cheesewizz69 12-04-2009 02:37 PM

Nothing special. The ones he sells now are not powder coated in black. Other than that it is the setup as listed on his site. Give him a call he may have some laying around in black.

magnum57 12-07-2009 04:02 PM

WHH BOATS #1 :D:D:D

halls 01-04-2010 01:31 AM

has anyone put a wet tuned pipe in the newer super gator boat ? Why i ask is pam at whh told me they wont fit in that boat.

Doubledog 01-04-2010 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: halls

has anyone put a wet tuned pipe in the newer super gator boat ? Why i ask is pam at whh told me they wont fit in that boat.

Look at post #333 right above yours by Cheezewizz. Page 14.

wannagofast115 01-30-2010 10:17 PM

Hey everyone ive read through this whole post and got alot of great info. I am soon to be a G owner. I found some close by that is going to trade me his G for my savage 25 and cant wait. I wanted a bigger boat but this looks like a great boat to start off with. I will be posting some pics of it tomorrow after I pick it up.

wannagofast115 01-31-2010 10:39 PM

Hey everyone i posted on here yesterday saying I was going to be getting a G and i did I traded my nitro monster truck for the G here it is I cant wait to get her on the water.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...585/photo4.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...1585/photo.jpg

wannagofast115 03-14-2010 02:43 PM

Has anyone swapped out the original gator homelite motor for the Whobbies air cooled g231? If so is a just remove the old one and bolt up the new one or is some modifications that need to be done? Thanks

Justaddwata 03-14-2010 03:11 PM

Congratulations on the new addition !!!

Believe there was an article somewhere around about the swap - I am sure if you call Tony he will let you know just what is involved and what is needed. Tony does not have a stellar reputation for customer service for nothing - put him to the test ;)

That said - I would certainly get her wet with the homelite she has in her. While I am sure it will lack a little performance compared to the zen - you probably wont appreciate the zen as much if you dont see the Homie run. Plus - it will be fun regardless!!

t00fatt 03-14-2010 05:31 PM

Scott shoot Leo a PM, he helped one of the guys do just that. I wasn't there but it was a pretty easy job, I think you just have to drill new holes in the stringers for the new motor mounts. Its a bit of work but nothing serious or too complicated. Your gator isn't going to handle as nice as your team pro with the single rudder, so if you have to choose one boat to fix up, I think it would be more worthwhile and cheaper fixing the clutch in your team pro. Take care Scott!

wannagofast115 03-14-2010 09:05 PM

Alright Danny Ill talk to Leo and see what he says. LoL the team pro is already fixed I tore it apart that night after I left the lake and I got everything from Tony all I need now is a flex shaft and shes ready to go. And for the gator I gave it to my brother and he wants it to go faster than that homelite will push it so were just gunna throw in that air cooled motor from tony and be done for a little while.

t00fatt 03-15-2010 02:15 PM

Having both boats running will be sweet. Definitely get rid of the homelite, the 230RC will push that gator plenty fast. Don't get the builders kit Tony sells, it may seem like a good deal, but the composite hardware it comes with is worthless. The rudder and bracket start to bend before you even wipeout. Just make sure you get all the bugs worked out before you run her so you don't have to deal with a ton of crap lakeside. Good luck man!

ByronRC 03-15-2010 03:59 PM

Congrats Wannagofast. The two best things about this boat is it's great for the friend you bring to the lake that wants to play rc boats too, and there reliable. I can't tell you how many times I've had another boat give me problems and I give up on it for the day, only to turn my head to see the Gator in the back of my Tacoma waiting to be dropped in.
You've made a wise purchase.:D

boostcrzy 05-11-2010 11:02 PM

Put my order in for a Super G yesterday....hope to go pick her up next weekend!!!...or sooner...haha...I'm a longtime RC'er with heaps of cars/trucks/planes/helis....but living in florida all my life and being a boater in full scale...i felt it was only fit to get my "feet wet" with a boat of the Gas RC variety....im stoked to say the least!

-Jack

wannagofast115 05-11-2010 11:59 PM

Congrats its a awesome boat espically for a first boat handles true and straight. I got mine used as a orignal gator and replaced almost everything so its pretty much a super g LOL!! Have fun and good luck with the new boat.

boostcrzy 05-12-2010 08:46 AM

Thanks!..Im looking forward to it!....I also got mine in white.....I love how it resembles an Apache 41....

wannagofast115 05-12-2010 11:59 AM

You will have fun with it. Ive noticed cause you will probably ask this question some time that a prather 275 prop runs the best a prather 270 not bad either gets out the hole quick just not as much top end. Post some pics when you get it always like seeing a brand new shinny boat lol.

cheesewizz69 05-13-2010 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: wannagofast115

You will have fun with it. Ive noticed cause you will probably ask this question some time that a prather 275 prop runs the best a prather 270 not bad either gets out the hole quick just not as much top end. Post some pics when you get it always like seeing a brand new shinny boat lol.
Welcome to the addiction. As mentioned a 275 is always a good prop to have. Whatever prop you pickup make sure it is sharpened and balanced.

boostcrzy 05-13-2010 06:52 PM

Sweet...thanks for the advice!....where would be the best place to pick up the prather props and balancing equipment?....

wannagofast115 05-13-2010 07:00 PM

Yes as Leo said make sure its balanced and sharpend. I just pick my up off of Jims theres usually one that comes up there probably about once a week.