Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

best bang for buck on rtr

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

best bang for buck on rtr

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
raile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best bang for buck on rtr

hello, want to buy a good v hull rtr nitro boat that can go in semi choppy water. whats the best deal out there right now and where? have lots a planes and trucks but dont know where to start on a good boat thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Hesco Racing

Default RE: best bang for buck on rtr

HOR pursuite is great when setup right. We race them on a tight course with sharp turns and get some wicked choppy water. Speeds are great.

http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=229

Cobus
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
raile

thanks for reply, so would this be better than say shockwave 36 or auacraft superv? i see the price is better. thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Hesco Racing

Much better handling than SW36 although we started in our class with the SW36 and when well setup (needs lots of work) it ran fine for racing. Most replaced the motor with the GO motor because the Dynamite motor is 1/3 of the Go's power. Don't know the super V and have not read a lot of it here on RCU. WE have 6 pursuits running in our club and racing hard. The Go 25 motor is a strong little motor and the running gear is more than up to the task of running hard in the races. Have had some good accidents and at worst a rudder kicked out. The radio box is not of the greatest so you need to spend some time on that. It comes with no floatation so don't forget to add some pool noodles. WE replace the fuel tank with a 12 ounce airplane tank and you can add a 4oz buddy tank if you want too.

Cobus
Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
toyotatruckin

if you ever plan to race the boat here in the states that .25 will have to come out, your best bet for a good running mono on a budget and will have 100% better quality is build a wildthing mono, not to hard to build, run awesome and there are a couple build threads here on RCU dedicated to the wildthing, lots of guys here to help with advice if you need it to, it can be built cheaper than the off the shelf boats to, the RTR boats have cheap electronics so there is an upgrade, poor glass work so there is some elbow grease ( have never seen an RTR with a straight sharp bottom and Ive seen TONS) and other little fixes that need done like stated above fuel tank and radio box

go to my site and download the FREE PDF plans of the wildthing and have the copy shop (office max does mine for about 5$) size them to what ever size you want
http://www.aircapitolhobbies.com/Plans_and_Info.html
Old 12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
oscarel

Toyotatruckin do you have the plans untiled?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
toyotatruckin

I did have before my main computer crashed and I havent been able to find the disk they were on, print them out, tape them up, run that copy to the print shop and get a solid copy made, for a little bit of extra cash they will put the plans on disk for you in a PDF file.
If you do that you want to make sure when you tape them up to have the sheets lay down like fish scales, they feed your plans into the machine and you dont want one going the wrong way on either side if you do be sure to tape that section well- reason I used fish scales as an example is if you rub a fish from head to tail your going with the scales and your hand glides smooth, go the other direction and the scale will catch on your hand and lift up, same thing for the paper except if its going through the machine it lifts up and tears the crap out of your plans.. Hope that helps a bit

Ill look through my disks again and see if I can find them this week, dont hold your breath though
Old 12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have to agree with Yota on his recommendation of building a "Wild Thing". The ability to pick and choose what you want to use as far as power, drives and hardware will be a great benefit to you in the long run as you can install infinately better stuff than what is used in the stock RTRs now on the market. There are a few RTR manufacturers that use good quality hardware but, like everything else, they are the exception rather than the rule