Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

after run oil

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

after run oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:45 PM
550racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after run oil

how do i use it? do i just oil up the parts or actuly run it thru the engine?
Old 09-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Lost Down Under

Default RE: after run oil

With my motors I put about 4 drops into the carb & about the same into the cylinder via glow plug hole. Pull pull start cord about 1/2 doz times to get oil through motor.
I've had nitro motors sitting for 12 months like this with no problems at all.

Paul.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:49 PM
550racer

so just pull the pull start without firein the motor up? dont heat the glo plug an just pull start it?
Old 09-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Lovinnitro

Hey 550,
You have it right just put some in the carby and cylinder and pull it through I don't know 'bout everyone else but leave the glow plug out while you do it. Makes it alot easier to pull
Old 09-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Lost Down Under

I usually screw the plug back in loose so I don't make a mess everywhere.

Paul.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:03 PM
c130nut

I raced tunnel hulls for a few years, and I tried many different after run oils and techinues. Here is what works for me, and I have seen may other racers do this.

For flex cable lube:

Make up a jar of the following:
1/3 of each STP engine treatment oil, 20 weight oil, and atumatic transmission fluid.
mix them up.
Basically take an oil squirt bottle and inject it into the flex cable till it runs out the bottom. I never broke another cable after I switched to this stuff. Also at the end of the day, fill it full to drive the water out of the tube.

After run oil:
Simple Automatic Transmission fluid. Reason why?,?,.... it is a lubricant and it has detergent it it. In other words, it expells the water and lubes up your bearings. I am not talking about putting a drop or two in. At the end of the day, take the plug out, fill the engine full from the head and carb. Turn the engine slowly by hand to work the stuff into all bearings and holes. Then put more in. With a rag in hand and the boat on a stand, cover the head with your rag hand and put hte electric starter on the starter cone. Once most of it is expelled out, put a little in there and lightly turn it over with your hand to caot everything again. This method has worked great for me, Never had to replace a bearing after I started using transmission fluid. A little messy but it works GREAT!!!!!
Billy Richardson