Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New too RC boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New too RC boats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Daylight99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New too RC boats

Hi friends
I live in the Southern California area and I have this question. I know of two small lakes in my area that RC gas & nitro boats are permitted. Can I simply go down to a lake on a given afternoon and drop my model in and have at it or are there Clubs that need to be contacted first? I want to have fun but at the same time I do not want to step on anyones toes and the club thing is not for me. Before I shell out some cash on a Miss Budweiser I want to make sure I do not need to jump through a bunch of hoops to operate it.

Bob Russell
Old 02-06-2004, 03:54 PM
bill heacock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New too RC boats

Check the lakes for posted signs. You can also call the parks department in your are, they should be able to tell you if the lake is open to the public , or if a club is leasing it. If a club is leasing it, contact the club and find out the time they use it, and don't run when they are using the lake, ask for their permission to run when they don't run. This I doubt will work for you, due to the insurance we have.
Good luck

Bill Heacock
Old 02-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New too RC boats

Bill gave you some good advice. Also, remember to watch out for any Wildlife in the water and do not run around swimmers and fishermen. Read up on the Miss Bud before you get one. They are not what I would consider a Beginners boat. Look in this site or try www.radiocontrolzone.com in their boating sections first before buying one.
The Club thing might not be for you, but when you need some help, they are there to help you out. It's easier to have someone there than running back home to your computer when problems arise.