Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Prop Choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:46 AM
happyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Choice

Hi,

I've just bought my first Nitro Boat and am having lots of fun with it (see pic in Gallery). But I need help with prop choice.

It's running a Webra 10cc Engine and I think that the boat's quite heavy, I don't think that the engine is revving out because the prop is too big, I'm thinking of changing it, what size would anyone suggest? Also shoulf I buy a 3 bladed prop or stick to 2 blades? What's the difference?

Thanks guys for any help.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:04 AM
playtime56
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Prop Choice

Just a question for you, and I don't mean any harm so please don't take offense. Did you break your engine in properly? I ask this because you say you are new and so is your boat. Nitro's don't usually attain their best performance until after "break in". Almost everything we buy nowdays is ready to use right out of the box and some folks don't include really clear instructions with their products. This may or may not help, but just in case--------
Gordy
Old 04-02-2004, 04:30 AM
happyal

Hi Gordy,

Thanks bud, but yes I did break the engine in, I've been flying Nitro for years and also have Nitro cars so I do understand that these engines need to be broken in, which I did with this engine.

But thank you for the reply, little tips like these help alot, so any other ideas??
Old 04-02-2004, 08:22 AM
pompebled

Hi Flashman,

What prop are you running now?

In general a three blade prop can be one size smaller than the one you run (in your case probably two), it lets the engine rev higher with about the same thrust (same pitch of course).

Take some Graupner K-series props for testing, and buy the selected size in bronze, save yourself some money.

Greetings, Jan.