Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

What happens if...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

What happens if...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 07:22 PM
infernoMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happens if...

I've considered getting into the hobby of R/C Boating. What would be a good fast boat to start out with. I've got plenty of experience with R/C nitro cars/trucks so the Nitro engine factor is no problem. I was also wondering....what happens if you flip the boat over? Does it just sink or what?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:51 PM
petry75

Default RE: What happens if...

Have fun boating - I started with a .32 42" deep vee. It's fast and fun but there are other boats smaller that are just as fast or faster. Marine engines can be a pain in the a** sometimes but fun. My biggest problem buying parts and accy's was the names of the parts and what they do. This message board is the best for good info. With the people on this board and your knowledge of nitro engines---you can't fail!! As far as sinking goes, I flipped my boats several time. A lot of the times they continued running upside down. My hatch has sank but not the hull. Make sure you turn your reciever on -- It's no fun watching your expensive toy heading for the horizon!!!

PETE
Old 04-25-2004, 11:58 PM
infernoMP

So if you flip the boat over there is no type of "bilge pump" to keep the water out of it? Is it easy to flip them over on the water or is it pretty rare really?
Old 04-26-2004, 12:17 AM
petry75

Every stle boat has a different flipping point. It is not rare to flip if you corner to hard or fast. If you flip the most damage you can do is get your electrical system wet. It can be dried out though. As long as your electrical box is sealed good and you have your batteries and reciever in water bags - you should be ok. If you flip - your engine will probably get wet if the hatch flies off (secure your hatch well). If your engine takes on water, pull your glow plug and pull your recoil until it blows all the water out, let it sit a little while without the plug in it, then start it. I always let it run for a minute or two and let it regain a solid idle--thn then put it back in the water for another go. Yes there are parts to pump water out, but I wouldn't worry about that yet because with your first boat, you're really not going to have the need for it. I've never used a pumping device. You usually have to retrieve the boat if you flip it and it's upside down. It gives you a great oppurtunity to dump water. I have lots of experience in retrieval---I like the throttle to much.

PETE