Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Bogging Miss Bud 1 1/2 >

Bogging Miss Bud 1 1/2

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Bogging Miss Bud 1 1/2

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging Miss Bud 1 1/2

Hello all, can anyone tell me what to do to get my boat to stop bogging down ? It runs great for a while then it starts to bogg down . I know it's not water in the hull because I have a snorkel on the carb and it's not full of water at the end of the run . It's so hard to tweak the high speed because of haveing to always bring her back to shore to do it . question is am I to lean or to rich ? I hope some of you guys can give me a clue to whats going on with it. other then that I've done all the mods that Ron Olson suggested and it sure is a nice little boat for the buck .
Thanks guys to all that answer and happy boating
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Bogging Miss Bud 1 1/2

How much have you ran it???? It could be that the piston and sleeve are wore out and when it gets up to a good temp the piston fits loose and lets compression by.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ejp67

How much have you ran it???? It could be that the piston and sleeve are wore out and when it gets up to a good temp the piston fits loose and lets compression by.
I really don't think that is the problem . the boat was new last fall and run very little. I have noticed the pipe will sizzle water after a run but the head is cool enough to touch and hold on to[:-]
Old 04-14-2005, 06:23 AM

Wow, exact same problems I am having. Be careful not to lean it out too much. I have had to order 2 sets of the ABC Sleeve , piston and rod.(I have 2 miss bud boats). I was experiencing the same problems, nice high pitch whine on shore out of the water, rev it up to high speed toss her in, and, it putts around like a childs bath tub toy. Bring it back to shore, and I can rev up the engine out of the water, and same thing. I lean it up to the point that the poistongot brittle and started to break apart from the bottom up. I have not done all of the upgrades yet. I am not taking on that much water. I have had this boat running like a scalded dog, for a couple of days. The water that it rides on is actually behind the boat and at the very back edge of the sponsons. All of my problems seem to be enginge and my inexperience at tuning. As I said, I ordered new sleeve and piston kits. I am going to start over from original factory and try the breakin process again. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:18 PM

Tweek, It sounds as if you have the carb too lean for the high speed needle setting. Start with factory settings and slowly, 1/8 turn at a time, lean out carb. Let the mixture on shore be rich as it will lean out on the water. It might take several tries, but it is worth it to hear it scream at top end, then let if off and have a smooth idle is the most satisfying aspect of trying to get it right! Happy Boating