Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Hydro ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 02:02 PM
gottagofaster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydro ?'s

Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone has dimensions or blueprints of a hydro? I build mostly airboats, but love to tinker with new designs. Unfortunatly, there are no boaters around here that I know of.

If you have plans (even rough sketches would be helpful) I'd greatly appriciate it.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:21 PM
gottagofaster

Default RE: Hydro ?'s

I forgot to add, that I am interested in the out-rigger version of the hydro. Sorry i didn't say so sooner, it's monday!
Old 05-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I know of a site that is in the process of getting some downloadable plans but I don't think that they have any available yet. I do know that there will be an outrigger hydro plan on there once things are done. I can't say much more at the moment as it's kind of hush-hush.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Just so you know, an outrigger is the most difficult to set up and hardest to handle kind of hydro you can get. Two things you didn't say anything about is what size you are looking at and what you want to use for power. Have you considerred a regular hulled hydro as a first attempt? Newton Marine has plans for almost any real boat, past or present, that you could ever ask for. If that would work for you, the website is www.newtonmarine.com
Old 05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
gottagofaster

My plan is to use it as an airboat. I have 45 laying around that needs a good home. I've seen them done beofre and they really fly.

PS thanks for the link, I took a quick look, seems to be a good site. I'll take a better look later when I have more time.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:10 PM
scolba

do you mean like a miss bud sytled hull? they have sponsons on them that could make them look like a rigger.....something like this??
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=PRB2700

otherwise an actual rigger as an airboat seems like it would be WAY hard to get right.....but then agian, im just a newbie....lol... [sm=bananahead.gif]

edit: hmmm.....is miss bud and lumar considered a rigger?!?! I just looked at that link, and now I'm confused......lol.....[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 PM
gottagofaster

I'm in the process of building a mrs bud style boat now. i just put on 1st coat of glass. i have seen the rigger style done, just thought that if I could get even rough dimentions i could work off that
Old 05-10-2005, 08:52 PM
gottagofaster

here is a link to a boat similar to what i'm after. just want it to look nicer.

http://www.geocities.com/rcairboat78...chernobyl.html
Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 PM
scolba

well cool man!! good luck! make sure you post pics when you are done!!

if you have autocad or an autocad viewer (if there is even such a thing! lol) you can look at 5 different plans here:
http://new.intlwaters.com/FreePlans/...ghterboats.htm
Old 05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
gottagofaster

tried to look at the link with an autopcad viewer, but didn't work. However he did have some instructions on building ihs boats, so I'll use that as a guide. Thanks,

Below is the current progress on another hydro style boat. it's pretty rough yet, gonna water test it and make sure it'll perform before I clean it up and make'r look sharp.

Thanks for all the help!

Hope these pics show up. first pic post in this forum. Be kind though if they do show, i'm still learning as I go!