Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

miss budweiser 1/12

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

miss budweiser 1/12

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 06:57 PM
nate22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default miss budweiser 1/12

I have a pro boat miss budweiser 1/12 scale, im looking to get more speed out of it. I have a ocura prop and am looking for more performance out of it. What engines will fit into this boat, I prefer pull start engines, looking for for at least 2hp+.
any info or insights will be greatly appriciated. Also what speeds do you think I wll be able to achieve with the right prop and engine, im hoping for at least 50mph.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
toxic 2U

Default RE: miss budweiser 1/12

No way are you going to get 50 MPH out of it with the stock motor . maybe if you cram a 21 in it and a few more mods you might get 50 MPH
Old 01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

How deep are your pockets?????????? It will cost serious cash to get 50+ mph. Without doing major modifications, only .15, .16 and .18 sizes will fit, and none will give you the 2+ horses you want. Which version Bud did you get, the solid or flex shaft boat?
Old 01-09-2006, 08:26 AM
CFRACR

HMM, 50mph........a Miss Bud 1/12 not going to happen. Even if you make every mod possible and are a Aeronaughtical Engineer by trade, put in a turbine. The boat may acheive 50mph, just won't be on the water.[sm=lol.gif]
That boat won't handle that speed. You need to be thinking 35ish give or take. If 50mph is your goal, you need to be thinking about a different boat & more money to be spent. As HJ said, speed cost $$$$.
For the money spent on a MB, the speed acheived is not bad.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

CF, when did you get out of the nursery? And for that matter, how is the little one?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
nate22

Thanks for the responses, im going to try to put a hyper 7 engine in it, I have one lying arround so I will put it to use and see how it all goes. I saw a post on here were someone had done something similar with the yellow type hydro(luma) he said it is fast. I do see that it may have some stability problems with the boat trying to fly but I will work something out.
thanks
Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 AM
CFRACR

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

CF, when did you get out of the nursery? And for that matter, how is the little one?
[sm=lol.gif] I get out here and there!! But it looks as though I may be stuck for a good long while since there's a new bun in the oven AGAIN.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] So There's been some changes as you can imagine.
I have been around, usually just reading post here and on the other board. Not much time to work on any new projects, but all my existiting toys are up and running and still get wet pretty regular.

Hope you had a Great Holiday season & got what you wanted/needed!! I somehow squeaked out getting a new GPS for my Scale boat. Just love that thing!!!

Back to MISS BUD......
Old 01-10-2006, 07:02 AM
CFRACR

ORIGINAL: nate22

Thanks for the responses, im going to try to put a hyper 7 engine in it, I have one lying arround so I will put it to use and see how it all goes. I saw a post on here were someone had done something similar with the yellow type hydro(luma) he said it is fast. I do see that it may have some stability problems with the boat trying to fly but I will work something out.
thanks
Nate good luck, Part of this or any hobby is creating/trying new ideas ect. Good ones usually grow from experience and trial & error. There is the common sense factor too. I myself have read many a post that displayed that none seemed to exercised by the post'r. When it comes to speed, unless you have a Gps onboard the boat or a GOOD radar gun with someone that knows how to use it. Speed is very deceptive on the water, especially when trying to gauge the speed of a small hull with the naked eye.

Give it a shot, let us know what you end up with. If its speed and glory that you seek. If you like the Miss Bud ect.,ect. Then you may want to consider the 1/8 scale model of what you already have. If its toying around and speed seeking that you enjoy. Then picking up a turbine and getting it under the canopy of such a model may give you the satisfication your looking for.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM
toxic 2U

Hello agaiin Nate,
I have heard off guys getting a 21 to fit in the 1/12 Bud but it is a lot of work and a bit of cutting of the hatch cover must be cut away to fit the header and pipe. I have read posts here about it being done here so I know it can be done but I don't remember how fast they got them going. If I had the bucks and the smarts to do it I'd like to try it on my Miss Bud. I hope you get to like you beer boat as much as I like mine .
here are a few picks of mine and one of the real thing. the real one maks a killer start up screen , Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54207.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	385029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69626.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	385030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99722.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	167.2 KB