Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
kountryboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

I dont know either I just was looking for something that doesnt kill the oil lite bushings every time I turn around and the other plastic parts. I wish that I could find some measurements of the speed master stuff it seems like it would be a good set up for a vee.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speedmaster surface drive=3 1\4"Lx1 1\4"w,this is just the housing unit,figger another 1 1\2 - 2" for prop assy, it'll work perfectly......good luck
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
TeamSlacker

Quick newb question. I picked up a NV from a cousin. It's stock except for hitec steering servo, and the Oct prop conversion (440 i think). I've flown RC planes and raced cars for years so I can tune a motor just fine. Seems like the with the nitro vee, they are loaded down a bit more than your average plane or car is and you can't get to the fine 2stroke scream. I used to have a Dumas HotShot with KB 3.5 outboard and that thing wound out nice. So is this normal, or do I need to work on my trim/ lean it out a bit more?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

if you put a macs pipe on it, retune, and get the hardware setup right it will scream like it should, but a stock boat even with the pipe and a different carb may only get 25-30mph when properly setup, so if you want real power a bigger engine is the way to go...I still have an abc electric jet drive jetski sitting here, maybe its time for a nitro conversion...no money right now though.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:25 PM
MODMAN82

Vertical, you got any pix of that jet drive? Didn't know your into bikes man? Check out my 2001 Custom Chrome Hardcore Kit bike.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd94015.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	544150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96635.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	544151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41993.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	544152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82680.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	544153  
Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 PM
odin5738

Nitro Vee problems. I put a mac pipe and header on my boat and now I can't get it to run. I've done other mods also octura X440 new cooling system and dual spin and trim tabs. I fixed the split fuel tank thinking that might fix it and I put 2 pressure fittings to the fuel tank. One from the pipe and one from the header. Still acts like it starves and stalls. Any suggestions before I set it on fire and watch it sink.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:26 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

ya one suggestion. send it to me along with the original parts. [8D]. keep trying with it . you'll get it....
Old 10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
mopartybob

If your not already runnin a fuel filter,It might be time to go thru yur carb... start with pullin the needle valve and check for obvious debris.....here at sea level my vee likes it a little more rich and then cleans out after it comes off plane,this is the best i've got it to run w\octura x440\3....If all else is good richen it up a tad.....remember,fine tuning is done IN the water.....[:-]
Old 10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
kountryboy

Got all the speedmaster stuff on still gotta put the spin fins on there and it will be ready for a test drive. On the stuffing tube should I put some sort of a brace right behind the end where the flex shaft comes out. I put fiberglass from where it comes through the transome to where the engine plate starts. Pictures are kinda crappy I shot them at night. http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3776116
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3776115
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3776114
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3776113 In that pic you can see what I am talking about on the stuffing tube.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
odin5738

I'll check for debris in the carb. Has anyone had to replace the sleeve and piston before? If so how did it perform before you changed it. My boat has zero power and will not get on plane. It seems to run fine out of water but as soon as the engine has resistence from the water it's weak. THe carb sounds like a real possibility. Thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
mopartybob

also check yur low speed needle settings as this helps the transition to full throttle,it's the recessed screw on the throttle arm,you don't have to turn it much though....if all else fails and you suspect the piston\sleeve being burnt,put the old exh. sys. back on and see if that works,if it does,then the prob.lies within yur needle settings,since I'm not on the pipe i can't tell you the best length,this will vary with altitude,adjust accordingly by varying the length of the silicone coupler....be patient and take notes of your settings.....good luck
Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
mopartybob

looks good kountryboy,yeah ,it would help to brace this part of the tube should you happen to hit sumthin in the water(darn turtles are a prob in my pond)[:@], get it in the the water and post results....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:20 PM
mopartybob

I have found that if it runs fine out of water then it's too lean.......will overheat,lack any power...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
odin5738

I tried to richen it up to the point of bogging down 3+turns from closed. I'm at high altitude and it use to run lean at about 2 1/4 turns out. I'm going to take the carb apart and look for any debris because I sent the engine back to Traxxas. They mailed it back with a reciept stating that they replaced the piston and sleeve. And it's running exactly the same as it did before I mailed it in.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
kountryboy

I will for sure do you have any idea of what I should brace the front part with [] cuz I dont know
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
mopartybob

I rekon just to neatly gob some epoxy over n under it would do fine..
Old 10-23-2006, 11:23 PM
kountryboy

That would be a lot of epoxy it has a pretty good gap there Im gonna search around a see what I can come up with Id like to be able to remove the engine plate if I have to. May be to put that big motor in there when the time comes. [sm=devious.gif]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:33 AM
mopartybob

looks like you can brace it by making a strap and screwing it down into those holes already predrilled and tapped for you....[:-]
Old 10-28-2006, 03:48 PM
kountryboy

UPDATE: Speed vee ride report AWESOME I have a little to much weight in the back due to the speed master hardware and the fiberglass. It jumps up and down at low speed but once you open her up it goes away and its going. I saw the strut out of the water a few times [>:]. I dont even need the spin fins anymore it turns pretty good. The only thing that sucks about it is you gotta throw it in the water now if I just set it in it goes dead. But once you get going its ok. Ive got it idled up with the screw on the transmitter so when I bring it in I just push the trigger forward and it kills the engine so that works out good. I ran about five tanks through it without a problem at all. I couldn't take any pics of it because I was by myself but it does make a good rooster now though. Ill try to get pics later on.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
kountryboy

Running pics!!!!!!!! He got a couple with a good rooster tail and a few good pass bys. This is about three hours before it flipped and the top went straight to the bottom. I searched for it for about 30 mins but no luck . On some of the pics you can see where I named them to the bottom. http://www.putfile.com/honda400dude/images/42812
It was running with this hardware.http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3776115
Old 11-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Laurence Kemsley

Hi, I have nitro vee just like you guys. I was reading all your inputs and so i thoued asking you guys for some help. As i say i have a plain nitro vee that is starting to get boring, so can you guys help me to make my nitro vee go more faster and a crowed stopper?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:39 PM
MODMAN82

Hey Laurence, good to have you abord. The best thing to do is read through this entire forum and make all the mods talked about.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:25 PM
kountryboy

Man this place has really died does anyone still own a nitro vee []
Old 11-17-2006, 05:12 AM
Laurence Kemsley

why do you mean it has really died? I mean i have nitro vee and i got it about 1 year.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Rayolamps

Great thread on the Nitro V
couple weeks ago I traded some crashed RC planes for a stock NV. man it was a sad sight to see on its first outing. Slop in the drive, loose rudder and always over heating. Could not even get it to plane! Met one of our members at a local lake here and he helped me tune it, least now it runs and gets on plane easy. Changed the cooling setup to the mods that were listed here, pulled the baffles in the stock muffler and have a bigger prop (added at the lake made a world of differance). Going to take her out today and see how she does? Anyway great info here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.