Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:04 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Hey kountryboy i'm still here,got caught up in toooo many projects,I got some time to put that OS21 in the belly of the "beast" VEE,still using the oe engine plate, i redrilled for 1\8 scale uni buggy mounts which gave me a slim 1\8 " clearance btween pully n plate.That return to shore function sure was sweet when needed but right now I don't need the weight,installed the speedmaster drive,as for the stuffing tube I just bent the tail end of the mount plate up n under the tube n strapped it down,(didn't have to over think this one)[8D]and should be ready next weekend,my camera took a dip and taint werked since.....buildup started,but this was pretty straight forward and relatively easy,that everyone \ anyone, with basic skills can do it, reusing everyting else other than the oe motor n drive unit (for another project) I think this Beast VEE is gonna be no BORING vee.[X(] will keep you all posted
Old 11-25-2006, 08:02 PM
mopartybob

Hey guys,took her out for her maiden voyage,just to recap the mods,OS .21,speedmaster surface drive w\4" rudder,turning a prather 250\3 blade(had that laying around... ,after running the engine in on three tanks at idle + -,it was still a little finicky while needling it up n down on the 4th tank,by the 5th,it was time to get her wet I had my buddy toss her in while I revved the IDLE up, when this thing hit the water [X(] HOLY S_IT [X(] !! it jumped out into the air about 4 feet and then planed at about 25 mph [:-] I couldn't believe it was runnin 25-30 mph,just usin the fast idle trim could barely keep it under control(no trim tabs yet) everyone was just standing there with their mouths open saying the same thing (HOLY S_IT ![X(]), I blipped the throttle and the darn thing went airborne again...MORE ooooohz n aaaahz from the crowd If I can keep this thing in the water 45mph will be NO SWEAT,will finish the tweeks needed before next weekend,hopefully my buddy won't forget the vid cam. Thanks to all who posted mods that helped me create this not so boring VEE,(vertical3-D,blumonster,nitro vee driver,kountryboy,and everyone else
Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 AM
kountryboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I could only imagine mopartybob mine hasent touched the water since the accident. A few words from someone that knows TAPE THAT HATCH DOWN and BE SURE TO HAVE GOOD FLOTATION. I am so lucky that my whole boat didnt sink when it flipped I still get mad thinking about my nice looking hatch cover sitting at the bottom of a pond [:@] I know that thing must be a handfull mine will get scary. Get some video soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:42 PM
mopartybob

hey kountryboy,don't let a lak of a hatch cover keep you outta the water,just imagine that some turtle or mudbug sportin it as a new hat!Adapt,improvise an overcome,and you'll be in the water.Yea putting an os.21 into this lite little hull IS NOT for the faint of heart[:-],I'll be injecting that slow foam filler into every nook n kranny i can find,(wont push the seams apart),right now i'm looking for some adj. trims, which leads me to a ?, would "longer"trims say 2x4 improve higher speed stability?I know it does affect a change in COG,but i'm talkin HIGHER SPEED stability,(45 +) [:-], Anyone else can please chirp in on this one as a good to know thing ,I was REALLY SURPRIZED at that this prop worked out sssoooo goooood, NO CAVITATION whatsoever ! just plain **** n git,[>:], WOW what a combo,I still can't get over this thing vee,flying out of the launch splash to dern near grab 4' of" in da air time ",I bet launching at 1\2 throttle will get me 6'-8'of air ,we"ll find out this weekend........
Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
kountryboy

Dont know about the trim tabs but I do know you better be careful with that foam as it could expand and distort the hull then you will be screwed.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
kountryboy

Also tell you friend youll break both of his legs if he forgets the vid camera I wanna see that thing in action
Old 11-28-2006, 11:45 AM
BlueMonster
My Feedback: (1)

Been a while guys. The 3.3 boat is nearly complete after a complete teardown. Unfortunately, I lost interest in that it is the last Nitro I have. I still have my Graupner Jry Drive boat, which I'll be keeping to finish.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:21 PM
mopartybob

Welcome back BluMonster ,I also had the Vee on the shelf for a while,bouncing tween projects,Iwas really interested in your jet drive vee buildup and i'm sure we all would like to know the results [:-],stay "tuned" to the thread,I think you'll get a kick out of the vid thats coming this weekend of this VEE i built, from the initial maiden "flight",I think it will spark alot more interest for those of us who Live On The Edge..[>:]
Old 12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Well, It's been awhile since I have been around and first thing I gotta say, that speedmaster thing seemed to work out well, almost makes me wish I still had my vee, but I have one thing, and its this damn electric jetski, but I got the other half of the puzzle tonight for 75 bucks i bought a just broken in aquacraft .18 engine with the flywheel, and that is 75 shipped so not to bad, it looks like a fairly clean engine, and is a copy of the OS so it should run well, I have trimmed the jet drive also, when I get my new digital camera at christmas I will take pictures but for now heres some teasers of what I got, oh and also I have access to a lathe again and a mill, so I can modify the drive if need be...also a pic of my motorcycle which Im just finishing up...glad to see everyones still into the vees...

...also, i ditched the rider figure, it wieghs a ton...and top heavy+nitro=very bad, or swimming...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23333.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	571893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87843.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	571895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61141.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	571896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25152.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	571897  
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
mopartybob

,hi ya'll,can't get the vid to load[:'(] onto computer,soon as i figger it out I think you'll be quite amazed [:-],got three tanks of vid before birthday party(HAD to go)[:'(],each run stronger than before,engine not quite broken in yet, first tank ran slow 25-30mph(rich),2nd tank leaner,30-35mph(blew the hatch cover off)[:@](NO amount of tape would've held it on),3rd tank,2 clicks leaner,adj drive and ran a bit looser but more speed,est. 35-40mph,Not running tuned pipe yet but thru STOCK exh. MAN, this thing will scream when dialed in,even tho its loose,still very controllable and will exceed ALL expectations as a GREAT little sport boat...45mph+[X(]...a coupla clicks richer w\tuned pipe ought to do it[:-],Next week i'll try a prather 240\2 to get the revs up a bit also,the 250\2 do's do a really good job though,Once again thanks to all who posted the mods needed that makes this thing fly outta the water, Happy Holidays Everyone.........welcome back vertical3-d
Old 12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
BlueMonster

I am hoping to sell the 3.3 Vee, trying to get out of Nitro, and it's my last one!

The jet drive is gonna be electric, and it's about half done. I need warmer weather to get inspired to finish it! The motor mount is done and the drive is completely installed, but that's it. Still need to work out a servo/esc plate and stuff.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Vertical3-D

Yeah, Im looking foward to seeing the jetboat, not many people run jetdrive, especially not nitro, and the abc drive isnt the most efficient, its a good drive but it could use a new thrust cone, may machine one for it...It ran well electric but scrubbed alot of speed in corners and ate batteries do to the draw from running a jet drive, so Im guessing the .18 with have the umph it needs to get it really cranking, plus the good acceleration and also longer more consistent running(no more slowing down 3 minutes into a run), its just cool cause I could beach it whenever I brought it in with no damage to it, Im not gonna run a clutch but I don't think it will idle very fast, but its already setup for water cooling and all, plus if I wanted to I could get a 3-channel in the future and make a reversing bucket with a micro servo...thatd be another new one, seeing a nitro boat back up...good luck with the jetdrive...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 AM
bmxlube0_0

hi need some help im selling my revo it is worth $600 and was going to swap it for one for these traxxas vees is it worth swaping it or should i just sell my can and bye one please help me
Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
BlueMonster

That's how I got my Vee, I traded my Revo. If you are interested, I'll trade you my 3.3 project boat for your Revo.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
bmxlube0_0

hi BlueMonster i would love to swap my revo for your boat
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Vertical3-D

make sure you guys PM each other with the details or the mods will come in an raise he11 about it, but that sounds like a decent trade, bluemonster's vee is awesome
Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
bmxlube0_0

cant wait to get one of these boats they look wow cool what mods can i do to it to make it better i really like the colour to
Old 12-13-2006, 08:05 PM
BlueMonster

PM's flying!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:34 PM
bmxlube0_0

hi there people im getting BlueMonster boat and i have a flexie shaft and of set rudder would it be ok to mount it in the boat i will post some pics later
Old 12-29-2006, 05:35 PM
bmxlube0_0

well it looks like no one uses this thread but i have just finished doing up the nitro vee i got off of BlueMonster just wonderd what you people thought it now has a flexi shaft and off set rudder i havent tested it yet will see what the weather is like i will poast some pics later
Old 12-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Vertical3-D

nice, looking foward to seeing how it turns out, I watch the thread but it has seemed to have died off a bit, also I have been busy lately...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:57 PM
bmxlube0_0

here are the pics i said i would post some of the black come off the lid but i will paint that

Name:	Om32028.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	586110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91789.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	586111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95292.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	586112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl26481.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	586113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64008.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	586114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb43823.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	586115  
Old 12-30-2006, 04:37 AM
BlueMonster

Nice, look like you are going to town on that thing! I am really glad it went to someone who can let it be what I started it off to be! If that Revo ever arrives, I'll be in good shape!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
cwaterhunter

well i just won a v on e bay,, i have read every post here and learned alot,,might need a hull time will tell i have two 2.5 i can install.. will be fun it has a 01 on the side is that a older .12 or .15? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250069097236, looking forward to playing with it i am also doing a jet stream over removed the .10 sold today on e bay installing a aqua craft .15.. removed that silly gear reduction that boat may be getting in the water in a week or so,,, at least there are plenty of part for the NV,, both will be fun

Name:	Lj24057.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	592436  
Old 01-07-2007, 10:58 AM
mopartybob

sorry guys,can't get vid to load,will have someone else do it,took the vee out yesterday new macs tuned pipe,octura 440\3,this thing is now ballistic,the revs are up to where they should be,but the vee chine walks so bad as i'm hitting 40ish, [X(] it's a white knuckle ride thats fer sure,i'm gonna remove the spin fins to see if that helps, the offset speedmaster rudder should help in that area.if I can ever get this thing stable i'll be able to radar and post results....till next week...[:-] for those just tuning in ...this vee has a swwweeeeet runnin OS.21,w\speedmaster hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.