Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

awesome dude you still got the vee or did ya finally get around to sellin her? i will post pics of the vee in a few minutes here . i have to find more bats for the cam.... lol great to see we have 63 pages and damned glad your still here
Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

nah, I sold it, I got tired of chasing 30mph so I just bypassed the problem...this boat is crazy, quite a handful at times, flipped it last weekend doing about 30mph, landed upright but I fried a throttle servo thanks to the 2 inches of water in the entire hull once I got it in
Old 10-11-2007, 12:42 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

ouch dude
well here are 3 pics.....and remember the hull is enviroteced so now it glides oh and another thing i have since changed on vee... i took the stock carb right off and am running a hpi t-15 carb from my truck..... man what a difference that makes.....[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84867.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	780821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60306.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	780822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26554.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	780823  
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome back VEEdriver,there's a few still chasing 30+mph (LOL)..,and a couple that have gone beyond that,Kountryboyz vee looks close to 35mph in his vid, (just needs some more pond to air it out)...[:@], and I've switched from a OS.21 (40+mph) to a CMB.21 in shooting for 50mph(LOL) but the weight just isn't there to keep it on the water....[:@], looks like i'll soon be switching back to the OS.21 after i try re-tuning the hull,but for now it looks like it's(hull)is maxed out at 45+,just gets tooooo flighty...[:-]as soon as i unscrew issues with my vid. camera,I'll post vids......
Old 10-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Vertical3-D

sounds like your ready for a better hull, maybe a seaducer 3.5 mono hull for that CMB
Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
mopartybob

exactly what I was thinking,....[:-],but for ALL concerned,I'll summarize in short that this hull tops out at 45mph(and THATS a white knuckle ride...[X(]), and makes for some very interesting airborne thrills n splashdown chills...., My suggestion for those out there looking for what i've found is this...an OS.18 with speedmaster hardware,macs 3.5 pipe,x440/3 blade prop WILL provide you with enuff speed,stability,AND reliability to peg your fun/thrill meter....,....V3-D,looking forward to more of your testing on that youngblood hull...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Vertical3-D

yeah so am I, even though It's an older CMB .45 engine in it the boat still just floats on the prop, very fast, it scares me a few times every day that I run it, my hull kit is on the way for my new 4 stroke build, I will let you all know how this goes as the magnum .30 I have would really fit nicely into a nitro vee, they are reliable, economical, and sound awesome...
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

thanks for the welcome back mo.....
as for the vee situation i have been skimmin round a small pond here by my house and i am thinkin i need bigger to run in as this thing even slowing down ran a ground.. on rocks. but never hurt a dang thing... thank god for envirotex..... strong and very affordable... anyways. i think with my current configuration as i have it set up now i am running tops 30 mph.... fast enough for me untill i get the fireboat maxed out. thinkin i will go with a 21 or something a lil bigger in it..... hope to get a few more runs in this year with it. i love this vee.... i also got my daughter into boats she has a stinger ss by gp. dual inline motors she loves it... need a wack of 7.2 now tho
lol
peace out ya'll....
safe boating and remember to wear ur life jackets ....!!!!!!1hahahahahahaha
Old 10-12-2007, 01:49 PM
mopartybob

envirotex...., sounds like the same stuff they use on truck bed linings...(rhino) more info on this stuff please,sounds like a good application for ALL hulls....
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM
adwatters

If anyone is interested I have a used traxxas nitro vee for sale. Has new head gasket after replacing it I cannot get thte motor fired. I have a spare glow plug 2 props and radio is also included. Asking $150 Will ship for extra cost. Email me if interested. [email protected] Your gain my loss
Old 10-13-2007, 04:18 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

here isw a link to the envirotex that i used.... yes i even did my firboat hull with this stuff..... odourless as well... just watch those cute lil bubbles when mixing....

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 AM
cwaterhunter

well sisnce i have a brand new hull and have been working a 2.5// might start working it agian,, along with my V-Box aill have all the timr in the woen now on SSIstarting thurs,,,had a call from there office about my dis clame,,,, got apporved i ann gonna di a stinger drive matbe a superV one ect
Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
jimbat10

Thanks for info on Envirotex, I think its BULL, but thanks for info. Its too often on this NitroVee post that there is alot of this and that, and NO real info. I've tryed to get you people going by posting "My PREFECT NitroVee" and noboby doubts me. I have a nice Vee, but its not perfect. Have alot of upgrades posted and alot i won't post. It's still not perfect. I have figured out how to make control when you do hit 30mph. Now my problems are the wire connections, on-off switches, recievers & servos. Any info on the BEST WATERPROOF electronic's would be helpful. Want pictures look at page32. THANK YOU
Old 10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Vertical3-D

d@mn dude...speaking the truth though, and I personally know how nice your boat is, and I concour on it, control is excellent, I made a waterproof servo, though I have never seen any ready to go like that, I CAed along all the joints in the case, and I slipped an oring on under the servo arm, also you could take the guts out and epoxy the circuitboard, but thats more effort then needed I think, I'll have to see how it goes if I roll it again(I hate saying when but disater seems immenant with me at the wheel)cant push the limits without breaking them though...also, though about something I am gonna do with my 4 stroker, did you ever think about using a micro servo on throttle...my CMB .45 needs too much travel and torque but on a smaller boat it should work great, easier to waterproof, lighter, use less power, and are as cheap, if you want to use one I'll bring one with next time so you can try it...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:49 PM
jimbat10

You know i am thinking you don't need heavy duty servo's on a boat. I thought heavy duty servo's as an upgrade, after a little experance and a couple hundred bucks, i'm thinking heavy duty servo's might be just more weight. They have faster servo's for digital systems, was thinking i'd go there. Hey 3-D, i'll try to be at pond at 11am. And any advice on NitroVee electronics ? ANYONE ???
Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Vertical3-D

no no, not 11, emailed you, needs to be later, ill call tomorrow....digital servos use even more power then regular ones, they are used where extreme precision is needed, and are not needed in fast boats...hell my steering servo is an ancient airtronics and it turns that huge wedge rudder at 40mph...standards are fine in a nitro vee, micro will work on throttle, heavy duty just costs more if it gets dunked...some futaba standards would be a good cheap option, been using them my whole life, or the towerhobbies standards which are cheaper and made by futaba...
Old 10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
mopartybob

Hey Jimbat,easy on us there buddy....[:-]ALOT of us have quit drinkin to enjoy this hobby...., as far as the perfect waterproof electronics go..you need to start out with a RADIO BOX....from there,you could plasti-dip your servos,and seal the necks with heavy dielectric grease,balloon and seal your reciever, and i use blue RTV sealant on all my connections and terminal ends....or you could do what others have done,as well as myself, I used INOX (water displacement medium) on all the internals of my electronics,should they take a dunk,some compressed air to blow them out,(such as that used to clean computer keyboards,) is all it takes to get them working again...but if you "hermetically seal" them so to speak,you will have mold and corrosion eventually build up on/in them,you've got to let them "air out also, on my other boats that have a radio box,I also place a (ugh) sanitary napkin in there to help soak up moisture.......[:-]
Old 10-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Vertical3-D

a sponge would also work...lol....just wring it out once it gets wet...less embarassing to buy too im sure
Old 10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
mopartybob

LOL...I borrow them from my wife....less embarassing than going to the LHS for replacement servo's every weekend.....[:-]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Vertical3-D

just tell all the guys there that the boats so fast the molecules that make up the servo are pulled apart causing failure....j/k...
Old 10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
mopartybob

HA...I'd get the same look with that one as the look from the walgreens clerk when I tell her "those are for my boat"......[:@]
Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 AM
NITRO_VEEDRIVER

well i for one dont use the above mentioned, all i use is vaseline around the whole servo.... i also just use a ballon to hide reciever in ... use a wire tie and poof your done... works out great.... and yes Envirotex does work. i have had 4 good runs with veee with it on hasnt failed me at all. takes around 8-12 hours to fully cure however . but as always its to each his own i guess... i like using envirotex to seal boats.... less mess and more longer to work with....nice gloss finish. and seals great.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
jimbat10

You are right- exept the quit drikig thig....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
mopartybob

LOL...I did'nt say I quit drnkink,....[:-] Gee,I wunder how hunter's doin....come on back mark....
Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
cwaterhunter

well i ordered thw super vee drive line today fo it...so its comming lil by lil got the 2.5 ready,,gonna use all the heavy stuff at first reasy start sct return to shore... might pee that i like that ..have the stock clutch hooked up cant wait to see how it rund with out thos damn universal joints lol as i get stuff in her ill post pics.... mark.... als been working on the V-BOX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.