Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

HELP! OS .10 Hardware(Running).

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

HELP! OS .10 Hardware(Running).

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Hirns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! OS .10 Hardware(Running).

Wishing to build an 19/20 inch deep vee boat with an old (New in Box) os .10 marine engine. As I'm a newbie I need assistance in running gear selection. I need recomendations for 1. prop size and brand, 2, Flex shaft/silid shaft, brand and length and exit angle. 3. Other fittings, ie universal and couplings. 4 A rudder setup.

All I have to go on at the moment is the Dumas site with pictures of theit 2334 kit which is recomended for the short stuff 10 or Skee Vee, but I imaginge that this stuff would be fairly obsolete.

To ad further difficulty I am in Australia, so I need providers who ship overseas.

Hirns (Aussie)
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: HELP! OS .10 Hardware(Running).

The Dumas stuff isn't that great so avoid it.
You can use parts for 6-12 cell electric boats if you stay with the OS. 10 . 1/8" flex cable with the 1/8" propshaft will be fine unless later on you decide to drop a better powerplant into it. The OS flywheel is what I use on my .12 boats and should fit on your .10 . Octura make a 5mm threaded flex cable collet for the engine also.
Check with www.fastelectrics.com in Oz as they may have the parts that you need.
I'd go with a larger hull than what you're looking at otherwise you'll need a shoehorn to fit everything in to a 19-20" hull. 22-24" will give you a lot more room to install everything.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:10 PM
JHirns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Ron. I'm thinking to use this drive to replace the old Dumas stuff along with adjustable trim tabs and turning fins. **** can't post images yet. It is a one piece 1/8 out rigger style set up with the stuffing tube/shaft exiting at the very bottom of the transom rather than through the hull. Will that work and can you suggest an Octura prop to suit the O.S. .10 with such a set up?
Kind regards