Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:45 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

Im so close to just giving up now i have got a jet stream 800 ep put a nitro engine in a very small one think it was 2cc as soon as i put the boat in the water the engine just stopped

got a new engine took my time fitting it used a very good engine mount got new prop and universal drives

using a 3.5cc engine brand new only had 3 tanks of fuel thro it and it go,s very fast

but as soon as i put it in the water it just stops dead even at full throttle

i bought a 8.3cc engine today from e bay was making an air boat but think i mite just put it in the boat what am i doing wrong as took my boat to my local model shop they said it would go very fast 80mph plus but it not even go in the water using standard prop etc. had a 700 motor in it and it went very fast but wanted nitro to get longer run times so close to giving up please help me
Old 07-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Jerry Dunlap

Default RE: help please

Open up the needle-valve till it is really running with lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Once you get it run with a rich needle-valve you can begin to lean it down.

You might also need to try a smaller prop if it won't run with the engine set rich.

JD
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

80 MPH? Yeah, right!

OK, back to trying to help you out. Are you using the stock prop? If you answer yes to that, this could be a small part of the problem as the stock Kyosho props aren't very good and it could be too much for the small engine.
Next is the fuel mixture, you might be trying to run it way too lean. We have to run richer than you normally would if it was in a plane or truck. You want to have a slight lag when you blip the throttle. If it is too lean, it will die as soon as it hits the water or shortly afterwards.
Do you have any pictures so that we can see your setup?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
vamp131

Hi I have put some pics of my boat on now hopefully get the 8.3cc engine I bought from e bay tomorrow I bought a tiger drive too its a plane engine hopefully fit the tiger drive and the flywheel off the engine I have got mite just do the trick if not think i just give up been nearly a year since it was in the water only thing i got that works is my air boat making a new one at the moment lol