Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Vegas Engine Problem.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas Engine Problem.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:43 PM
supermotoxaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Vegas Engine Problem.

Today I started my boat and put it in the water and about ten feet out it shut off and I brought it back in and noticed a piece of foam from the cowl in the carburator and I got it out but my engine was flooded. I cleaned it out and kept trying to start it but it kept shutting off, one time it ran but slow and the water intaked didnt seem to be working like normal. Can anyone tell me if my engine needs some serious repair? I have only had it for about a month.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
1outlaw

Default RE: Miss Vegas Engine Problem.

It probably doesnt need seriouse repair due to the foam...Did you check the glow plug??..Might want to look into that.....Do you see alot of air bubbles in the fuel line???....Also its a good idea to ditch the foam in the hood....
Old 08-20-2006, 08:58 PM
ShaneP

I had a similar problem today with my vegas. It would run for about a 100 feet and shut down. After the 3rd time the piston seized. I took off the backplate and found that the lower rod bushing had exploded (literally). Before this happened the engine would be WOT upon start with a closed carb (after some minor adjustments this stopped). My engine had about 10 tanks max through it. I will be contacting GP tomorrow and see what they say.

Cheers,
Eric
Old 08-21-2006, 07:47 AM
t munn
My Feedback: (2)

I have had some "bad luck" with 2 vegas engines.They would start and run no problem and then when i launched the boats they would shut off as soon as i applied throttle.
THis happened with aprox. 2gallons through one engine and the other had 1/2 gallon through it.
I don't think they got lean.

My engines had damage to the piston and liner on both engines.I have replaced them with
the .18 o.s. cvr-m and staring belt.Since I already had an electric starter.

I start my break in on the new motors soon.