Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas on a 150' X 175' pond?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas on a 150' X 175' pond?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:59 PM
BRADI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas on a 150' X 175' pond?

We are planning on purchasing several Miss Vegas boats but our pond is only 150' X 175'.

1/ Is this pond big enough for this boat?
2/ Has any one had any experience with a boat similar to this on a 150' X175' pond?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Bruce Frost

Default RE: AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas on a 150' X 175' pond?

You can look in the videos and see my video "Miss Vegas Neighborhood run" and see if our pond is similar. I think our pond is about that size. The pond was good when I was breaking it in and its OK to run now that its running very good. Although it is a little small. You must concentrate 100% on the boat. If you take you mind off the boat for 1 second and you are running very good you will run it aground. I have never dock it like that but I came close a couple times. I'm looking for a bigger pond. Its still a lot of fun to take to to the small pond though.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:49 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: BRADIles

We are planning on purchasing several Miss Vegas boats but our pond is only 150' X 175'.

1/ Is this pond big enough for this boat?
2/ Has any one had any experience with a boat similar to this on a 150' X175' pond?

i don't have a pond and that boat but just to give an idea, the official 1/5 oval course is 170'straightaways + 30 ' radius in both end total 230' between the tip of the oval but still needs space for turning maybe 50' more both ends and also both sides, so the width of ur pond is fine but the lenght is short,,,but if it's for sports run i think it's fine...
Old 08-21-2006, 08:13 AM
t munn
My Feedback: (2)

I think that pond would be a lttle tight but as mentioned it would be up to you guys and your driving ability.

We have found the more gradual you make the turns the easier it is to stay on plane and not cavitate.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
BRADI

ORIGINAL: Bruce Frost

You can look in the videos and see my video "Miss Vegas Neighborhood run" and see if our pond is similar. I think our pond is about that size. The pond was good when I was breaking it in and its OK to run now that its running very good. Although it is a little small. You must concentrate 100% on the boat. If you take you mind off the boat for 1 second and you are running very good you will run it aground. I have never dock it like that but I came close a couple times. I'm looking for a bigger pond. Its still a lot of fun to take to to the small pond though.

Hey Bruce, I checked out your video (cool background music by the way) and your pond looks like it's the same size as mine. It sounds like we should be OK on this size of pond. Were going ahead with Miss Vegas purchase (U18white/orange & U18 yellow), but I guess we’ll have to wait a bit for Tower to re-stock.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Brad