Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Need help finishing outrigger

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Need help finishing outrigger

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 PM
TIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finishing outrigger

Hey yall! I'm used to K&B outboards so I thought I'd step up to an inboard. Anyway if anyone has some advice for the questions I have I'd really appreciate it.
Anyone rcognize what boat this is???

1st Pic,

For the scrapes on the side of the wood sponson, what would be best to fill the small groove, sand, and paint?

Also, what is missing from the outdrive? I know a flexshaft and prop but anything else like collars, nuts, grease or liner for flexshaft etc.?

What size flexshaft does it look like this takes?

2nd Pic,

You can see the engine collet waiting to receive the flexshaft, missing starting belt and radio cover, anything else?

There's an upper and lower nozzle on the exhaust throttle. Where do they go?

3rd Pic,

Lower nozzle on the exhaust throttle. Where do that go?

Hole in the top of the exhaust throttle prolly needs a bolt and silicone to plug? Or would you put another nozzle there?

BTW, I do have the engine cowl for it.

4th Pic,

Two gas tanks? One yellow, & one red. Why? How do I hook them up? Do I need 3rd control valve?

There is a brass tube with 2 nozzles laying cross-ways glued to the bottom of the boat right between the engine and gas tanks. What's this for and how do I hook it up?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I got this off the big auction site for peanuts and I really want to get this thing going down on the lake!

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies and likes talking boats!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16910.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	551596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32330.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	551597  
Old 10-30-2006, 10:58 PM
TIA

Default RE: Need help finishing outrigger

3rd & 4th
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83517.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	551604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96528.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	551605  
Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 PM
misshydro

Hi,On paint scrapes use polypuddy and sand it with 180 grit paper then prime it and wet sand it with 220 grit wetsand paper.The prime it the second time wet sand it with 320 to 400 grit paper then your ready to paint. Oh I bet you got this off of Ebay!! Yes I'm a Ebay Junky!!I love to find deals!!If you need More info on paint,Can can help![>:]
Old 10-31-2006, 12:24 AM
carprigger50

hey fellow rigger! take a look at con-fusion at the photo gallery thats my rigger,it has a verry verry simular set up,i set up the exhaust throttle this week.need some info on that set up?take a look at" fusionriggerboat"on this forum.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The red and yellow may have come from whatever fuel was used in them as a lot of fuels have dyes in them.
Run the fuel pressure vline from the tuned pipe to the port side vent then that fuel ine out of that one to the right (starboard) vent line then the other to the carb. The port side one will drain first allowing more weight on the right side where you need it.
Get some zip ties to clamp the tuned pipe coupler down also.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 AM
TIA

Great info guys!

I'm off & running!

But I don't understand what the four nozzles on the exhaust throttle are for? Could this be a water jacket for cooling?

Main thing left is get the flexshaft and prop and its time to rock and roll!

Old 10-31-2006, 02:30 AM
carprigger50

is there 2water pick ups on the rudder?if so,... one is for cooling the exhaust throttle, and the other is 4 the head.looks like there's a fitting missing on the exhaust cooler ,that would be a water dump 4 the exhaust cooler , just below the dump is the inlet,you'll need fuel line between that and the water pick up tube that runs from the transom.put fuel line between the fittings on the other side of the cooler.that done,now for cooling the head.put fuel line between the other tube running from the transom and the pick up on the right side of the head,place a piece of line on the other side of the head exiting the rigger.i think someone rigged the system in one large loop cooling the head then the exhaust.as for the tank glued to the bottom of the boat, havent a clue.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
TIA

ORIGINAL: carprigger50

I think someone rigged the system in one large loop cooling the head then the exhaust.
Is that acceptable? If so, I can just do that. or..... I think it used to have twin lines because there are two tubes running lengthwise up and down the boat but one is capped off. I'll check the rudder for the second pickup later this evening. Maybe I can set this rigger back up for twin cooling afterall.

BTW, anyone know of a good place to find a flexshaft? Also, can these be cut to size or do I need to order the exact length from motor to prop?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
carprigger50

running twin lines would wick heat much better,and since that was the origanal set up,...why not.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
TIA

Is this 3/16 welded stub shaft with flex cable and tapered prop nut what I need to finish the outdrive on this boat?

http://www.funrcboats.com/category.aspx?categoryID=40