Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

29 more new pics has been added and 1 new video been added of my Miss Bud.21

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

29 more new pics has been added and 1 new video been added of my Miss Bud.21

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 PM
RedBullVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More Pics of Misshydros .21 Miss Budwiser hydroplane and now 4 videos!!

G1: So kids are the only ones with RTR's? Not really a fair comment is it?

RE: RON OLSON or PIPER CHUCK; so what are they going to do with the modified .18 class? It is still an .18. I feel it should be just like the rest: stock, modified and unlimited. Only seems fair......
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: More Pics of Misshydros .21 Miss Budwiser hydroplane and now 4 videos!!

There is a proposal right now in front of the membership on the issue. Go to www.impba.net and download the latest issue of the Roostertail and it's on pages 15 and 16.
Right now is only some giuidelines to clubs to use right now until the class is formally recognized. The next step form there would be to make it a recognized class at the Internat's.
Look at the Internat's entry form while you're in there. No "A" class and Sport 20 hydros are still the red-headed step-child, no offense to red-headed step-kids intended.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
RedBullVegas

Not a bad start from what I can see. But coming from the RTR world I do see an issue which will most certainly affect Pro-Boat runners. In order to mainatin the engine displacement and run a modified class (the way I read it) the most they can do is turn out a .15 to the max which would still give the Aquacraft Miss Vegas the edge with a .18 fully modified. Right? So, enters the question.....Seeing how the manufacturers blatently missed the rules on RTR classes according to the IMPBA or NAMBA, how long will the battle continue? Who is it that makes the rules for the organizations? The manufacturers or the Club Organization? If you go to a Nascar race and see the New Camry win (GOD FORBID) can you go to your local dealer and get THAT Camry? No. So does that make NASCAR still a stock car class? Better yet, call Toyota and tell them you want a stock car so you can run next year at the Brickyard 400. My guess is, they might laugh at you. So then you have to ask yourself, Do I really want to run with NASCAR or do I go down to the track at Paragon, Indiana with my own car and run the bomber class? I see both the manufacturer not giving a damn about rules and the clubs turning a nose up at RTR drivers. Pretty soon boys and girls....the RTR drivers are going to turn a nose up at the clubs.....Just look what happened to the Indy Masters. What a disgrace to hold them in Ohio (no offense to Ohio people)...The INDY MASTERS in Ohio....
There are a few things I see happening here.
1. In the wording alone, it appears that RTR's are getting a bad rep as being a CHEAP, QUICK and EASY way to get KIDS into boating.
a. I beg to differ. I buy RTR's because I don't have time to build boats. Not because I am broke. Nor would I put one of my boats in the hands of a kid.
2. Times are changing fellas. The manufacturers have more money than the IMPBA or NAMBA...Who do you think is going to change first where rules are concerned?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Ron Olson

The class rules are written up by members as a general rule. The problem is that the manufacturers are playing the one-upmanship game with people who would like to race their boats but there really wasn't a class for them. Instead of playing games with the customers, why not use the existing rules? We shouldn't have to be put into a position where the sanctioning bodies have to cater to just one or two companies.
Moving the Indy race to Cincy was because of a problem with Indy's site and the Cincy club stepped up to help to keep it going.
Maybe creating a Sport 18 hydro class might solve the issues? Use RTR boats or build your own with the limits being on engine size and a few other things. This way anyone could put whatever hot .18 that they want to under the cowl.
It wasn't easy to write up the proposal in the December Roostertail. I know, I tried just for the heck of it just to see what I could come up with.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
RedBullVegas

I apologize, I was not demeaning the authors. As for my comment on the Indy Masters, I am disgusted with the club representation for the Indianapolis area. Not the Ohio community. I love the Buckeyes! :-)
Not to keep using Nascar as an example but, Each vehicle is from a different manufacturer...different engines, similar dimensions all trying to gain the competitive edge...but take those cars to a Super Speedway, and Nascar says, "nice cars boys, but slap this restrictor plate on for me." Look what happens racing becomes all about driving again. I understand the importance of fairness. But stock or modified really needs some definition.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Ron Olson

The Indy club faced the problems that a lot of others have and there are only about 3 active members now. First they lost their site to an ongoing problem, noise. Only 3 members makes putting on an event a lot of work, especially one of this caliber. It was better to have it in Cincy than not at all as getting the green jacket shows that you are one of the best.
Don't get me started on NASCAR, we could be in here for days discussing that and it would be off-topic on top of hat.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
RedBullVegas

As far as Indy goes, I have Pm'ed Mr. Frost and a few others about getting a site nailed down and put Indianapolis back on the map. I would really love to get something going but only if EVERYONE who brings a boat has the chance to run. I don't care if you spent $15.00 at a pawnshop on a Tyco Airblade or Airhogs boat...You should be able to run if that is what it takes to get you into the hobby. (Now the two examples may be a bit extreme) but you have to start somewhere.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

There is already another thread talking about the RTR rules:http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4767339/tm.htm
Perhaps this discussion should continue over there? Briefly, the rules that are in the latest Roostertail intentionally do not set specific engine displacements. For now, this leaves it up to the local club to organize their RTR classes in whatever way works best for their members. The only displacement requirement in the rules is that you keep the same displacement motor that came with the boat. These rules will work for .15, .18, .32, gas, and with a bit of open mindedness, electrics. The main objective is to keep the boats at their original sizes and to avoid the problem of ever increasing engine costs like you have in most of the existing classes. As far as three versus two RTR classes, this was discussed, and at least for now, there appeared to be little difference between modified and unlimited. But anyway, if this is to be discussed further, please do it in the RTR thread so it's all in one place.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
RedBullVegas

Is there another thread about this, Chuck? Cause I went back to post #24 where you bring up the whole issue and continue a conversation on it through #28 to include the comment I was most referring to in the first place by G1. Ron Olson, Moderator, and I were in a conversation that was alreadya topic ON THIS THREAD. Did you develope anal glaucoma overnight or what? Because instead of just saying to BOTH OF US who where in the conversation to take it elswhere, you call me out because I had a problem with a comment that someone made about RTR's after they read YOUR post? What gives? Is this the only place where you have free reign? Wife keep you on a tight leash at home? Sure glad you ain't a cop....those guys who have wives who keep their men on a short leash are the worse.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
RedBullVegas

Since you deleted my post, I guess I will PM it to all who are on this thread so they can see where I am coming from.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
misshydro

Hay wave waker!! Here The pics of the new header!!The center pipe/intermedate one,I saw a acouple of boats that has them.Good ida for different tune pipes lenghts.Let me know what you think of the header?!Oh I'd just fired up my boat!! Dang she is louder and naster too!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63514.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	573954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42082.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	573955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40853.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	573956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44917.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	573957  
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM
1outlaw

Cool vid....Love the dog....
You did a great job....I think you have broken new ground with the proboat...[8D]
Old 12-08-2006, 10:34 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Hay wave waker!! Here The pics of the new header!!The center pipe/intermedate one,I saw a acouple of boats that has them.Good ida for different tune pipes lenghts.Let me know what you think of the header?!Oh I'd just fired up my boat!! Dang she is louder and naster too!!

misshydro, i tried to compare the old pic and the new one there's a big difference, it doesn't look restricted flow compared to the old one,,,nice job there[sm=thumbup.gif], very clean,,hey, test it tomorrow let's see how's it...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 PM
gooycheese

Geez we can almost ice skate here right now on the ponds.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:21 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: gooycheese

Geez we can almost ice skate here right now on the ponds.
a lil' better here, getting 41 oF tomorrow and sunny
Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 PM
BUDMAN27

I believe a lot of you guys have spent allot of time and money making beautiful boats. I wouldn,t worry so much about what rules they let race or not. If you have the talent to paint a bout then you are a winer in my book.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 AM
misshydro

Thanks for the commit Budman! I'm going to try take a video of my boat run today.I did take the boat out yesterday and tryed her out.I'd notes with the new header ,she runs alittle faster.I did win that X440/3 prop that everyone is talking about and some where sudjestion to me too run!I'm going to order a.21 tune pipe for my boat too.I'm still not getting that powerband efect yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
misshydro

Here three pics of the blueangel!! this was taken from my friend camma.I;ll try to post better ones tonight or tomarrow.I'd just got my computer today,so I'll be setting it up tonight.!! My camera takes better and brighter ones. Here it is! Sorry for that My stuped friend up loded her cat too!!

Name:	Nl29951.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	610232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29636.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	610233   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28406.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	610234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22011.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	610235  
Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Not bad, but the Blue Angels fly French Blue planes. Also, the Blues have yellow under the canopy and running along the top of the fuselage.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:10 AM
misshydro

Hay guys try to reply on my new post of the Miss Blueangel please?! I'd wanted to change the heading to Miss Blueangel but it wouldnt let me.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:25 PM
misshydro

Here's the pics of the other bud that I'd recked! It's fixed now. we raced the boats last weekend and The blueangel kicked the bud boat butt big time. Both have the same motor and weighs about the same,But I'm thinking the flex has drag to them.Strait shaft doesnt.The blueangel is strait shaft.[8D]

Name:	Us55325.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	707272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89829.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	707273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37609.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB