Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 PM
joseywales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Well Ron, did that new prop work and how much faster did it make the boat run and perform?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't had the boat on the water since I got the new prop. I have tomorrow (Saturday) and Monday off. Saturday it's supposed to rain so I'm planning on hitting the pond on Monday sometime.

I just have to show off this shot that Mark "OB Nut" Scott took of my boat last Saturday at the Fun Run. I don't know if I was driving it or my son as he kept sneaking off with it while I was busy doing something else.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36133.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	691470  
Old 05-26-2007, 04:58 PM
joseywales

Nice Ron that the way a VEE should fly!! or anyother boat too!! Let us know how the new prop works!!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Ron Olson

It won't see water until Monday. I'm working tomorrow (double-time ya know) but could have made the big bucks on Monday but I'm trying to save what little that I have left of my sanity.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Jerry Dunlap

I ran the SV27N today with the Grim 3/blade. Worked every bit as well as the X437/3 I was running - maybe even a little better. One of the other guys in our club was running his MV and I was faster. I don't know if the SV27N is as fast as my MV, but it's moving out very nicely.

JD
Old 05-27-2007, 01:16 AM
!burnz

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not the hobby.
I'm going in to work Sunday and Monday so I can get me one of these beauties. Who all has the Miss Vegas and Nitro SV27? Which of the 2 do you like tinkering with better and which do you like running better? Right now I'm sporting a Nitro Hammer with a Mac's pipe. Had her for about 3 or 4 years. Never any major trouble (just wet electronics), but mainly fun. All I have ever had are V's. Never had a hydro or a cat which has me leaning toward the Vegas, but the SV27 looks like great fun. Hopefully a cat will be Aquacrafts next project. Never ran a surface drive so this will be the first. I really don't have anyone to race with, I'm alone with my interests in this neck of the woods.

Thanks for your info and time

Chris "BurnZ" (my nickname from the type of foods I like and not from burning a certain type of plant)

Hey Jerry,
Are there any plans for any smaller scale boats with a .12?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:55 AM
mkspeed600

Hey guys-
Here is the issue I am having. I am running the nitro Sv27. For the first 2 minutes of the run I have great throttle response and WOT speed. After that, when I go to punch the gas it doesn't rev up over half throttle. I don't have a clue what is happening. When I bring the boat back in, I am usually able to dump a lot of water out of the exhaust system which is wierd because I don't see how it could get in there with the boat going forward. It looks like the water is blocking the exhaust flow which in turn cause the engine to not be able to rev up. If anyone has suggestions or a fix to my problem for the engine not reving up let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: mkspeed600

Hey guys-
Here is the issue I am having. I am running the nitro Sv27. For the first 2 minutes of the run I have great throttle response and WOT speed. After that, when I go to punch the gas it doesn't rev up over half throttle. I don't have a clue what is happening. When I bring the boat back in, I am usually able to dump a lot of water out of the exhaust system which is wierd because I don't see how it could get in there with the boat going forward. It looks like the water is blocking the exhaust flow which in turn cause the engine to not be able to rev up. If anyone has suggestions or a fix to my problem for the engine not reving up let me know. Thanks.
Is it water, or oil/fuel you are dumping out?

Sean
Old 05-27-2007, 10:44 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is water it sounds like your water dump tube from the cylinder head is on the pressure fitting on the pipe, make sure your tubing is routed properly.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Ron Olson

I've got an idea that it's not going in while running but when the boat stops. Note to see if once you shut the engine down that the wave behind the boat continues to push it forward.
What sounds like is happening is that the carb is just a hair too lean yet as once the engine starts to build up heat it is changing the mixture.
Are you running it with or without the hatch on? If it's on, try it without.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:02 AM
mkspeed600

Thanks for the response guys. I double checked my tubing routing and the right tubes are at the proper connections. It was definitely water coming out of the pipe not fuel. I will try to richen the high speed up just a bit and see if that does anything. I will let you know. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am also running the boat with the hatch on.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
sleepy306

Also, make sure you check for any fuel leaks in the fuel from the pipe to the engine. Make sure there's not exhaust leaks either or you will not properly pressurize the fuel tank. I had a similar prob and realized my exhaust pipe coupler had a leak. Didn't realize it at first, but just remember richening the fuel to almost double the original. Once I figured the source of the problem, everything was a-ok and I had to dial back down the fuel.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM
conrodss

can people start posting more pics of their boats , includeing hardware shots and inside of hull , also how are the HULLS holding up , I'm still waiting for the shipment to Austrlia to arrive. Should be early next month .

also what spares should i get as i will be about 4 hours form nearest shop when I run . what % fuel is running well in these little engines , also what upgrades are looking good at this point ? i.e engine/pipe , radio , trim tabs , turn fins , and modifications
Old 05-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Ron Olson

I haven't done a lot of mods yet, mostly just swapping props. I did some little things like remove the port side turn fin and put a modded one on the right, shortened the throttle linkage a little as it as hitting the header. I also trimmed the blind nuts that hold the radio box in place as they appeared to be causing problems there. I cut them off flush with the wood using a cut-off wheel.
I've been running both 45 and 65% nitro in mine.
One other mod that I did was to replace the stock flex cable with a Hughey as I was worried about losing the metric prop nut and not having a spare.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Try reading post #238. The only thing I've changed since then is the prop. I'm now running the Grim 3/blade.

JD
Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
CRD
My Feedback: (5)

I just read all this pages, and I have a lot of work and a lot of prop choices, here is my boat and mods.

I will start sharpening the rudder, getting adjustable taps, more foam inside the hull, maybe a electric starter

VIDEO OF BREAK IN and FLIP ( the engine stills need to break in that run was on the second tank and it had 1/2 tank left.)
http://media.putfile.com/Super-Vee-Nitro
Mods:

.18 CV-R MX Engine
Macs 3.5 Tuned Pipe
Macs Pipe Adapter
Airtronics 3 CH FM radio
Smart Temp Fail Safe
30% Odonells Fuel

Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 PM
mkspeed600

Did you notice any difference in performance with the MAC 3.5? I wanted to quiet my boat down just a little bit, possibly take the raspyness out of the exhaust sound. Did that pipe do that for you?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 PM
SV27dayton

What happened when it was upside down? Did it take on water until just the nose was sticking up? Or did it float on its top until rescue?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Ron Olson

I did the strut mod today so that I can adjust it up or down a lot easier. With a Dremel and a cut-off wheel attached, it took about 5 minutes to do. Remove the flex cable and the stinger (strut). Cut off the stuffing tube flush with the transom then clean out the filings. I also cut off the boss on the transom side of the stinger to make sure htat I had plenty of room to angle it. If you want to do a little more while you've got it apart, you can use the cut-off wheel to put some diagonal slots in the stinger tubing to help it hold more grease. If you do that then run a drill bit thorugh here to clean it out. Grease it and reassemble.
Now I'm waiting for my adjustable trim tabs to show up from Offshore Electrics. I'll be out trying this setup on Sunday weather permitting.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 PM
SV27dayton

Are you doing this so you can trim down further, for more stability. Any risk of shortening the life of the flex cable letting more water into teh stuffing tube. On the FE side of the wall Grim has really emphasized taht the strut is best left at 0 deg. Hard for me to take considering I know what power trim does on a surface drive on a 1:1 boat but I've left it alone so far. I'm intrested in seening what your results are.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
CRD

I never tried the stock pipe or engine, I put the CV-R MX and the tuned pipe brand new. The only thing I changed back was the pipe adapter because the fitting was leaking. I put back the stock one.

I can't say if I notice difference but it looks faster than most of the Super vee's on youtube.com heheand sounds nice in person.

ORIGINAL: mkspeed600

Did you notice any difference in performance with the MAC 3.5? I wanted to quiet my boat down just a little bit, possibly take the raspyness out of the exhaust sound. Did that pipe do that for you?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:43 PM
CRD

I managed to flip it over , but getting to shore I push the throttle of the rescue boat to much and it did got water inside and the nose was sticking up. But nothing got damage, I took the glow plug out and flushed the engine just in case, but it was fine. I'm loving the boat but if after the strut mod doesn't get more stable, I'm going to buy a GAS boat.

ORIGINAL: SV27dayton

What happened when it was upside down? Did it take on water until just the nose was sticking up? Or did it float on its top until rescue?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
conrodss

can the water pick up in the rudder be used to take water to the header so that the transom mounted water pick up be used exclusivley for the engine ? if so is the fe rudder needed to be used or can you just add a water fitting to the current one
Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Ron Olson

OK, I'll try to answer the questions.
First, SV27Dayton. The brushless version can have its balance adjusted easily with just moving the battery packs. I did this mod to see what would happen as Jerry Dunlap sent me an e-mail telling me that he did this on his. He only tilted his down one or two degrees.

Mistressracing; I wouldn't use the brushless rudder from the Super-Vee as the water pick-up hole is really small. The rudder from the Miss Vegas might be a better one to install. Some of the brushless owners are now going to the Nitro's water pick-up tube because it does push more water through. Now their problem is that it's pushing so much water through that they're blowing the cooling jacket apart!
Living up here where it gets cold in the winter months, we can swap the lines around to go through the header cooling coil to pre-heat the water going to the head. Mine seems to be working fine as-is right now.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 PM
sleepy306

I did some prop testing a couple days ago. Tested a modified octura x645 and it was way too big for the stock 18. I tried an abc 40/52-3 blade which was not modified but was balanced and sharpened (BTW, this is very similar to aquacrafts 4052/3). Now that worked good. I also tried the abc 40/62 3 blade and like the x645...too big...couldn't get on the pipe. I tried a x437 - 3blade metal...solid all around...no chine dancing. I also tried and x440 and a prather 215 which worked well too. The 437,440,215, and 4052 all performed well... 35 - 39mph gps'd. Testing was done with stock everything except for the prop and a silencer. Best prop of the day was the 4052/3...I think I will buy aquacrafts offering. Grim also mentioned that the 4053 2 blade worked as good if not better than the 4052/3. I think that's what he said.

Here's a vid of the x645 and 4052. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WidIo3Hoy3g]SVN 27 Prop Testing 6/1/07[/link]
It was a nice day...slight breeze, water like glass, and 98F in the shade.
Next time I'm out I'll hold the camera for the 4052/3...lots of chine dancing with that prop which I didn't catch on the video.

Ron

BTW...the testing for the thundercat 31 isn't going to happen until I get a new flex shaft...it gave out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.