Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
conrodss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

my boat is hold until christmas now , was in hospital with a collapsed lung so can't do much for a while and the wife said she will get it for me from santa , i wouldn't be able to use it until then as i can't go down the coast until after newyears and thats where i get to play boats , going repaint my aquajet [:'(] though to keep me busy , may even build the wavechopper30 hull i have , also going to get a couple of the re release tamiya model buggies to build , they wont be used much mainly for nostalgic reasons
Old 06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
cwaterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iam having the same problem ads is haveing.. wont stay running..you were right ron lol i have broken in motors befor but this one....grrrrrrrrrr,,iam going to the LHS tomorrow and get more nitro and a few plugs
Old 06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

A few questions. I finally got my nitro V in the water and going but it seems that the boat cavitates from the get go and is very hard to get it to plane out not matter how slow I advance the throtte and sometimes I can't get it to plane out at all, could this be becuase I need to adjust the angle of the prop? If so how do I adjust the angle? Second thing is even driving it at low speeds after I pull the boat out of the pond I have about 1 or 2 ounces of water in the hull, has anyone else had that problem?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I adjusted mine to 2-1/2 turns out and doing any more during break-in made it sensitive. Even 1/8 of a turn either way would make it run lean or rich. Hopefully you are using your electric starter. I don't know how long it's been since your surgery but take it easy. Save the pull-starter for after the engine is broken in.

To ads8525; do you have the Super-Vee 27 Nitro or the Nitro-Vee? These are two different animals.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM
ads8525

I have the nitro
Old 06-29-2007, 06:31 AM
cwaterhunter

you should go to the NITRO VEE , thread its awsome like 39 pages.. i also have a NV.. the water is prolly comming in at the shaft tube,, check at the transom..and what prop do you have?,, but check out the thread on them you will learn alot!!!! i did lol
Old 06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
motorhead91

i had the same problem with water coming in....so i took the strut off and put a bead of silicone sealent around where the bushing comes out , then put the strut back on and no water has come in since
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
ads8525

I have the original prop that cam e on the boat. I will check the strut for leaking but how do I change the angle of the prop? Is this not the Nitro Vee forum?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
motorhead91

this is the aquacraft supervee 27 forum.....not the traxxas nitro vee forum
Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
cwaterhunter

iam really getting mad at this motor[:@],,can some one tell me why it is always flooding when i try to start it.. iam thinking the low speed jet,,any one know what it should be set at?,, maybe it was not set right at the factory''' i even took the fuel line off the muffler and it ran for about two min,,so thats telling me its loaded with fuel..i have the high speed at 2/12 2/14,, but iam thinking the low speed is messed up...thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

this is the aquacraft supervee 27 forum.....not the traxxas nitro vee forum
To clarify, this is the Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro thread in the Speed - RC Nitro Boats forum.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
ads8525

I have the aquacraft nitro super vee I did not realize there was a boat called just the nitro vee. The aquacraft is the one I am having problems with. Any help?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
cwaterhunter

well i think i got it.. backed off 1/8 on both the low and high speed,,at least now it starts and idles gonna go to the pond tomorrow,,will try to get pics
Old 06-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Ron Olson

I knew that as soon as Aquacraft came out with the Super-Vee 27 Nitro that there wouls be some confusion between it and the Traxxas Nitro-Vee.
I'm probably calling it the wrong name anyway as it really should be the Nitro Super-Vee 27.
I covered strut adjustment further back in the thread. I'll recap it quickly.
The stuffing tube goes through the strut and to be able to adjust the strut you have to remove the strut and cut the tube off at the transom. This makes it a LOT easier then to adjust. Do not remove any parts but put them all back in place.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:10 AM
cwaterhunter

well its a nice day here so far,,its 6 am,, gonna wait till about 8 or so and go to the pond and get this thing wet..i think i finally got it running right, was way rich befor,,gonna try to get pics,,and if i do ill post them later..also my ele retreval boat is due in today form FED EX, that will also keep me busy doing the front thing with pvc it will have to be kinda wide for it will be able to get my V-BOX,, when i get it done lol
Old 06-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Dan_Soprano

Hey guys!

My name is Dan, and I have been lurking this forum for the past week or so. I picked up a white super vee 27 nitro this past weds. This is my first boat. It seems that it is a very well designed little boat! I have only run it 2 times so far. The first time was I only ran about 3/4 of a tank through it because it was getting dark out. I ran it the next day, and for some reason it was having a hard time getting up on plane. I didn't understand it. It had no problem the day before. I didn't make any changes to the boat at all. I took the prop shaft out and lubed it with grease after the first run, and re installed it the same was. I don't get it. also, the motor tended to die for no reason the 2nd run day, but I read in the directions that it was normal for it to die for no reason during break in. I am reluctant to run it again right now, because it kind of kills the fun having to go swim for the thing every 4 mins.

Also, I am still running the stock screw on it still. I have read pretty much all million pages in this thread so far, and still haven't gotten a good idea for a new prop. Any advice on a good aftermarket one? I am not looking for a super top speed one, just one with a bit more ass then the stocker. Thanks in advance!

~Dan
Old 06-30-2007, 08:46 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Dan_Soprano

Hey guys!

My name is Dan, and I have been lurking this forum for the past week or so. I picked up a white super vee 27 nitro this past weds. This is my first boat. It seems that it is a very well designed little boat! I have only run it 2 times so far. The first time was I only ran about 3/4 of a tank through it because it was getting dark out. I ran it the next day, and for some reason it was having a hard time getting up on plane. I didn't understand it. It had no problem the day before. I didn't make any changes to the boat at all. I took the prop shaft out and lubed it with grease after the first run, and re installed it the same was. I don't get it. also, the motor tended to die for no reason the 2nd run day, but I read in the directions that it was normal for it to die for no reason during break in. I am reluctant to run it again right now, because it kind of kills the fun having to go swim for the thing every 4 mins.
I'll skip the prop question and stick to a few more important points. When you ran it the first time, was it hot and humid? The next time you ran was it perhaps morning and possibly significantly cooler? My reason for asking is that when you run in cooler conditions, you need to open the needle valve, making the engine richer. The symptom you describe, running slower and cutting off, makes this possible. When you ran it the second time, did you have lots of smoke coming out of the engine, or just a little? If it's too lean, it won't have much exhaust smoke. Did the engine respond quickly to the throttle, a sign it could be too lean, or did it bog down a bit, a sign it's right, or possibly too rich (note that rich is what you want for break in).

And on to the next comment, people have DIED swimming after their R/C boats. Unless you're a very strong swimmer, don't do this.

Edit: oh, and welcome to RCU!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Dan_Soprano

HA! Yeah, it was hotter and a bit more humid the next day when I ran it. Typical Florida summer weather. So I take it I should richen it up when it's hot out? As for the swimming part, I am a naval aircrewmen, which requires me to be a top notch swimmer, so I think I will be ok. Thanks for the concern though!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Dan_Soprano

Piper, just read my last post, and I guess that could be seen as being a smart ass about the swimmer part. I didn't mean it to be, thanks again man. I am going to run her again here in a few hours. I'll let you know how it goes.

~Dan
Old 06-30-2007, 10:29 AM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Dan_Soprano

Piper, just read my last post, and I guess that could be seen as being a smart ass about the swimmer part. I didn't mean it to be, thanks again man. I am going to run her again here in a few hours. I'll let you know how it goes.

~Dan
Understood it, it was partially a caution to you, since it wasn't known how well you could swim, and a reminder to others. There really was a death this year of someone swimming for an R/C boat.

And to clarify the needle, in general, when it's cool you need to set the needle richer, and when it's hot, possibly leaner. Compounding this is that the fuel helps cool the engine, so hot temps could sometimes actually require a bit richer, for the cooling effect.

Keep in mind that a rich boat will run slow, but will usually not cut off, especially at full throttle. OTOH, at full throttle, a lean engine will start slowing down and if not corrected, cut off. If you sense your engine bogging down at full throttle, cut it back to 1/2 to 3/4. If it seems to get better, try full again. If it speeds up, but then bogs down again, try richening it. The reason this test works is because the simple carbs we use tend to run rich in the mid-range.

I had this very situation happen to me recently during a race. By avoiding full throttle I was able to nurse the boat to a finish. If I hadn't noticed it slowing down and just kept full throttle, the engine would have died.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:16 PM
kyle1

well after a bunch of research i finally gave in last night and ordered my super vee, the only color tower had was green. I wanted blue but i was not waiting till mid august for it
hope it will be here before wed so i can take it down to the lake with me!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:25 PM
cwaterhunter

i guess i got the last blue one lol i wanted red tho.. not a fan of yellow and i work for home depot so no orange lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15468.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	714074  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
motorhead91

i was running last night and my buddy was driving and clipped a fountain in the water....it really didnt do much besides push the right side fin backwards and it took paint and some fiberglass of the edge....what should i use to patch it up?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Ron Olson

One of my LHS's has a good looking red one sitting on display and they do worldwide shipping! They also sold a yellow one a week ago.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:11 PM
cwaterhunter

well got her in the water today a few times,,wen to the small pond did a tank, that was number three,, messed up the stock prop hitting a rock when bringing it in.. i have a bunch of props.. i put a
P40 CF from offshore.. went to the big pond,,did a tank.. let it cool then went out agian,, a lil more throttle this time... WOW..it is said that that prop id close to the x440,, ( which i have two), i was really inpressed with it.. gave it a few full throttle blast,, got like a two foot hi and 4 foot long tail..cant wait to see it when fully broken in,,,this is a very fast RTR for its size,,blows the NITRO VEE out of the water and also less money,, iam still gonna do a 2.5r NV and run them toghter,,i think the aqua will still beat, it,, time will tell lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36352.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	714172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99277.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	714173  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.