Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:02 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

The 42x55/2is the 2 blade upgrade for that boat. Make sure you do a good break- in on the engine, and if your boat starts hopping in the water going straight (porposing) bending the trim fins down will help it stay smooth. That is pretty much it......I have not really done anything else to it in stock form. The boat has a great rudder and the stinger prop drive never needed any adjusments on mine. Just fire her up and let her rip! Make sure you lube your flexshaft every 3-5 runs. I alsoinstalled a Q-18 quite tunedpipe from a Miss Vegas Duece to make for a much quiter boat....it is even quiter than the Duece because of the hull design!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM
res3567

Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
sigforty

ORIGINAL: res3567

The 42x55/2is the 2 blade upgrade for that boat. Make sure you do a good break- in on the engine, and if your boat starts hopping in the water going straight (porposing) bending the trim fins down will help it stay smooth. That is pretty much it......I have not really done anything else to it in stock form. The boat has a great rudder and the stinger prop drive never needed any adjusments on mine. Just fire her up and let her rip! Make sure you lube your flexshaft every 3-5 runs. I alsoinstalled a Q-18 quite tunedpipe from a Miss Vegas Duece to make for a much quiter boat....it is even quiter than the Duece because of the hull design!
Cool, I was wondering about what other props to try. I was thinking the 4053 and was curious if the 4255 was too big. How does the 4255 perform?

As for the breakin I am pretty much done. So far I have been really pleased with the boats performance at 50% throttle and the handling. I plan on hammering out all my needle settings now to get it dialed in.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 PM
res3567

The 42 55/2 is supposed to run at a higher top speed than the 40 53/3. That is what I currently have on mine...as the 42 55/2 is hard to find sharpened and balanced. I usually get my SV props from Offshoer electronics in the Sharprned and Balenced section of props, but therer are electric SV owners getting these props as well which is why they are always out. I managed to snag two of the 3 blade props from them however. Ypu can buy them from TH, but you have to do the sharpening a balancing yourself....got to Aqua's website on the best and safest way to do it,or you can use the sticky's in this forum.I generally don't mess with the LSN and run 2 1/2 turns out on 30% nitro. 2/14 to 3 is what other guys run at especially running with a higher nitro content.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM
sigforty

The 42 55/2 is supposed to run at a higher top speed than the 40 53/3. That is what I currently have on mine...as the 42 55/2 is hard to find sharpened and balanced. I usually get my SV props from Offshoer electronics in the Sharprned and Balenced section of props, but therer are electric SV owners getting these props as well which is why they are always out. I managed to snag two of the 3 blade props from them however. Ypu can buy them from TH, but you have to do the sharpening a balancing yourself....got to Aqua's website on the best and safest way to do it,or you can use the sticky's in this forum.I generally don't mess with the LSN and run 2 1/2 turns out on 30% nitro. 2/14 to 3 is what other guys run at especially running with a higher nitro content.
I need to make a fuel order from TH so I might add that 4255 prop. I bought the balancer already and did my 4052/3 prop. It came out nicely and honestly was not far off out of the box.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM
res3567

How well did you sharpen it?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
sigforty

How well did you sharpen it?

What do you mean? I put a decent edge on it. I know it is perfectly balanced now as well. I mainly used sand paper to clean up the minor balance difference and shape the edge.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
res3567

What I ment was balancedAND sharpened....like a knife. The sharper the leading edge of the prop, the better it will slice through the water.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 AM
sigforty

What I ment was balancedAND sharpened....like a knife. The sharper the leading edge of the prop, the better it will slice through the water.

I see, well I made it as sharp as I feel comfortable with handling it.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Grimmie's props are very well balanced right out of the package, even much better than some of the props that I've bought from a certain prop modder. You can sharpen then if you wish but I don't think that unless you're trying to squeeze every 1/10 of a MPH out of the boat I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM
sigforty

Ron right now it is all about me having some fun running around the lake by my house.  I bought one metal prop just because it was more durable and slightly better than the stock plastic one.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
res3567

Here is mine running....with a S&B prop from OSE.....no you don't have to get as sharp as mine, but that is they way I get them. I did sharpen my metal Grimprop for my MV, however and I did stop when I felt it was sharp enough. I ended up getting a bigger S&B prop from a forum member....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElWkcfl0Axg

Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
res3567

And here is theREAL DEAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHa6Py3wf78&feature=fvw
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Tmoss

I have a bunch of parts for the sv27 nitro still if anyone is interested
-full quart of tower power %30 boat fuel (I added some racing castor oil to bring it up to about 23% or so)
-O'donnell fuel fill bottle
-10 oz of racing castor oil
-glow ignitor w battery meter, charger, and extra ni-cd battery
-glow plug wrench
-3 hot glow plugs
-small bottle of after run oil
-brand new motor mount set
-header cooling water coil
-strut bushing
-three teflon sleeves
-blue and green fuel line
-radio box mounting nuts rigged for easy removal/ installation
-ose upgrade flex cable
-grimracer prop balancer
-balanced, sharpened, polished 40x52 3 blade grimracer prop
-extra stock 3 blade plastic prop
-three drive dogs
-bullet nut
-air filter

Make me an offer for the lot. Email me for pictures or more info

Thanks
T Moss

Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 PM
sigforty

It appears my stock flexshaft broke after putting on my metal prop.  I noticed Hughey is the ones to get from my reading.  Does anyone know if this shaft will work?  http://southriverrcboats.com/shop/ar...50-14-187-L%26

It appears OSE is out of the hughey shaft that is linked in this thread so I am looking for alternative sources.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
toyotatruckin

yeah me, shoot me a PM and ill make you a shaft how ever you want it to be a direct drop in.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
res3567

Yea Sig......I am packing three of them right now. Get extras...athough toyota's flexshafts are highly durable.....so you may just need one. Also make sure your engine is aligned properly with the stuffing tube.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 AM
sigforty

Yea Sig......I am packing three of them right now. Get extras...athough toyota's flexshafts are highly durable.....so you may just need one. Also make sure your engine is aligned properly with the stuffing tube.
I sent toyota a pm about a shaft. Upon further research after removing my shaft I found that it did not so much break, but actually the soldering work Aquacraft did was shoddy and let go. I plan on buying a better shaft regardless, but I am also going to attempt to resolder the stock shaft.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
res3567

Ok....I have had two SVs and both of the stock flexshafts broke at the solder point.....an Aquacraft issue. Not anything new...if youread this entire thread....you will see similar stories. Mike's flexshafts work great......I got three spares...but they all have different props....2 are for myMiss Vegas, and one is for my SV.....not including the onesinstalled on both boats which are also made by Mike.....
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Houpie

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

<staticliam_heartbubbles_bottomleft.jpg>
Chicken Parmesan:  4 boneless chicken breast halves (1.2 lbs)
                            1 egg slightly beaten
                            3/4 c Italian bread crumbs
                            1 jar of your fav. pasta sauce
                                (Ragu sause?)
                            Saute 1/2 c onions, garlic
                            1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese (4oz)
Preheat oven 400 F dip chicken in egg than italian bread crumbs coating chicken well.  in 13x9 in baking dish arrange chicken.  Bake uncovered for 30 min.  Take chicken out of oven and pour pasta sause + sauted onion mixture over chicken.  Spread cheese over mixture.  Cook for additional 30 min.  Serve over wide pasta noodles.

Chicken & Rice Bake:
                        4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
                        1 can campbell cream mushroom soup with Roasted garlic &herbs
                        1 c milk    * 1/4 tsp paprika
                        3/4 c uncooked rice
In a 2 qt baking dish mix soup, milk, rice & paprika.  Place chicken on rice mixture.  Cover Bake at 375 F for 45 min than uncover for 15min.  Serves 4
=
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 AM
scha0786

hey guys, i'm getting geared up to run the boat again. couple of questions:

how do I get the flex drive couple off? I would like to replace it
Old 05-05-2011, 06:12 AM
cpeisher
My Feedback: (13)

Hey i just finished reading this whole thread. took me a few days I'm looking for a used one, PM if you have one or a link to one. Thanks. Did they ever iron out all the quality issues with the stuffing tube misalignment, radio box tabs breaking, stock flex shaft breaking etc???
Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
DashRiprock

After lots of reading and researching on these forums ive decided to get a super V Nitro ! tower Had them on sale for $240 with free shipping
so i pulled the trigger and got a Yellow one (they were out of Red) on the way with a few extra things also (prop, grims grease, after run oil)
most of the people that post in this thread say they are running 30% nitro or higher. how well will it run on the Omega 10% that i got from my LHS?
thats what i have been running in my airboat because it was less expensive than the higher Nitro fuels. i have over half a gallon of this left i dont really want to buy more unless it wont run it very well or not at all.
Cant wait to get this sucker in the water!! lots of good advice to be found in this thread even tho most of the older links to pages at tower are dead links. same with the video links also.  i`ll be posting pics and vids as soon as i get it running.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Dash, I was just talking about you tonight at work and your friend Beef Jerky! Boy, that goes back a ways!
OK, back to the serious stuff. The Omega is a plane fuel which really isn't good for use in boats. With the low nitro content you might be able to get away with it though.
My videos are still online on You Tube along with hundreds of others.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
DashRiprock

LOL ! im glad someone remembers where my Name comes from
when i use up the rest of this fuel i will prob go to a higher Nitro fuel. unless this runs ok.  whats bad about running airplane fuel in a boat? just the low nitro content? and where can i get the best price on fuel?  i didnt know this stuff was so high! I dont plan on doing any real racing with my boat. i dont really know anyone else in the area thats into RC boats, most people around here are more into airplanes they dont stock many boats or boat related things at the LHS either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.