Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

RACE in the DALLAS area may 5th and 6th

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

RACE in the DALLAS area may 5th and 6th

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Sean Bowf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RACE in the DALLAS area may 5th and 6th

These guys are looking at adding stock and mod RTR to the class list. The flier can be seen at http://clubs.intlwaters.com/dallasrc...-RACE-2007.pdf

Give Eric a call if interested in RTR to make sure we get the class added.

Sean
Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Sean Bowf

Default RE: RACE in the DALLAS area may 5th and 6th

Here is a quote from the guy setting up the race:

Good news It's "official" The 2007 Carrollton Classic is going to offer 2-more trophies classes. .18 RTR Sport Hydro-Stock and .18 RTR Sport Hydro-Modified.

I've reviewed the rules posted on Roostertail and they look simple enough and very straight forward. I will post copies of the rules on our website tonight! I'm in the process of updating the flyer our website with the rules and such.

I suggest the RTR-modified guys register for 20 Hydro which for the past few years has been (1) Sport 20 (1) .21 rigger and (1) .15 rigger. It will give you another opportunity to run your modified boat and make the trip more worthwhile -also will allow the small faithful who support small nitro boating a chance to actually race.

If you have SV27's bring them as well. We have like (4) in our club...If the Open 8-14 cell eclectic class supports (2) heats we can race the SV27's together.

I just ordered a white Miss-Vegas like 5 minutes ago...Hopefully I won't hit a turtle before our race.

Eric
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Kelly Miller

Sean that is great!! I talked with Jay Irwin and he is going down with his fast electric cat and is really encouraging me to join him. I certainly want to go down and have not ruled it out but schedules are conflicting, I may try to talk Jay into taking my Vegas down and entering it himself. Sam of course is ready to defend his stock status and I am itching to get the hydro back out. Keep up the good work ralling the troups in Dallas.

Kelly
Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Sean Bowf

There has been a few of us calling (bugging) them. After I called, I was pretty much resigned to the fact that if I went, I would have to run in the sport 20 class. But Clint, Norm, and probably a few others also contacted him...and I think that made him realize how popular this class actually is.

I look forward to getting whooped again...

I am probably going to run my stock boat in the mod class, and have my daughter run in the stock class. That way we can pit for each other.

Might be time for me to check into getting a CVRM...[X(] That would be interesting...

Sean
Old 04-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Kelly Miller

Sean, I think if you got a good hot start a modified boat would have a hard time getting around you even with the stock aqua, your boat runs very well.

Kelly
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf
I am probably going to run my stock boat in the mod class, and have my daughter run in the stock class. That way we can pit for each other.
I've run my stock .21 tunnel in the modified class quite often, and have done pretty well. As Kelly said, a good start is important. The other thing that many forget is finishing is also quite important!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
losifiend

How tolerent are these events to new comers? I just got into boats and would love to race.

My twisted liquid outdrive and prop for my Black Jack should be here today or tomorrow. I'm installing it and hope to get some time with it at Lake Murry this weekend.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:06 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: losifiend

How tolerent are these events to new comers? I just got into boats and would love to race.
While you will find a few impatient and unfriendly racers, most of us remember when we were beginners, and are supportive to people who are new. Contact the club, tell them what you've got and race. If they have open water the day before the race, which nearly all clubs do, definitely show up there, explain that you are new, and ask them to find someone to help you learn the ropes.

Edit: and spend some time reading the parts of the rule book that talk about how races are run, what you can and can't do, etc. Having a basic understanding of the rules will really help make the races more fun for everyone.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Sean Bowf

Thanks Kelly!

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

The other thing that many forget is finishing is also quite important!
That is the part I have been missing out on...

The one time I did finish in OK city, I had cut 4 boyees getting there...heh

I ran into no problems at all being a new racer. Kelly was more than willing to help me, and to help my family when they were pitting for me. Norm and his family has been helping me all along.

On that same note, I would have no problem at all with someone coming to me and telling me if I did something wrong. I would rather know, than do it over and over again not knowing I am doing something wrong...

Sean
Old 05-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Unpinned.