Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Launching

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
evaderstbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launching

I got the boat almost completely ready and when i go out to put it in the water, i want to kow what im doing... it is a MRP Python as i have been told. it has a long middle, and 2 short sides...

Will i be able ot just put it in the water and it can get up on plane itself?.. or will i HAVE to push it?.. it has the k&b 3.5 outboard.. i would like to hear that it can plane itself..

i got these boats for free so i dont really have any info on them, except that the one im not running was harder to get on plane...
Old 06-10-2007, 03:49 AM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Launching

Not certain what a Python looks like, but an outboard should be able to get moving on it's own. A slight forward motion while placing the boat in the water will help out.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Python is a canard outrigger boat.
I never just sit a boat in the water but give them all a launch to get them up and going. It's mostly a force of habit as once you've been hosed down a few times from a roostertail, you start doing it. It also helps to get the boat up on plane and places less stress on the driveline.
Be careful with that boat as they will flip over a lot easier because the front sponson just barely hits the water once up to speed.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:33 AM
evaderstbasher

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

The Python is a canard outrigger boat.
I never just sit a boat in the water but give them all a launch to get them up and going. It's mostly a force of habit as once you've been hosed down a few times from a roostertail, you start doing it. It also helps to get the boat up on plane and places less stress on the driveline.
Be careful with that boat as they will flip over a lot easier because the front sponson just barely hits the water once up to speed.
thats wonderful to hear, considering where i will be driving it, it can get rough and choppy, (ohio river).. Oh well, i will just drive it when it is calm .. also, any idea on any restrictions on lakes?

there is a lake down the street that says no swimming, but we take our kayaks for fun in there sometimes, do you think i could successfully drive my boat, during the day when everyone should be at work?..

its not big, and there isnt any security guards or anything, just houses up the hill looking onto it
Old 06-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know what the restrictions are on your lakes.
There is a boat club in your area, www.cincymbc.com that you can contact. There seems to be a lot of outboarders that hit their races. Possibly most have never seen a Python as it's been about 9 years since I last saw one.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:05 PM
ob nut

Hey, I know of a few members of the CMBC [8D] Oh wait, I'm one of them [sm=wink_smile.gif] Wave Waker (Jul) is also a member. Not certain when I'll be able to make it up to the pond for testing.. PM me or Jul to see when either of us will make it there...