Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

MissVegas

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 PM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MissVegas

I myself am not exactly sure, I would expect Jerry to be able to tell us since this is his mod job About speed I would expect this boat to do 50mph , I didn't see it run but thats what I would expect. I do know the the racers I expected to win this class at Nats had technical difficulties. David Preusse had radio issues, and for Phil Thomas and Chris Wood I am not sure what happen to them ( I was told the Vegas won because it finished every race, it does prove that you don't have to be fastest you just need to finish).

Paul
Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 PM
terry kelly

that is funny you know woody? chris is a good friend of mine from way back in burlington days, do you talk to him much? he is one hell of a boat racer, and a damn funny guy to go out and eat with. maybe i will turn my new vegas project over to him and see what happens... i saw his whiplash run last week and "WOW".. i will not say speeds for sake of people argueing but i can say if it would have ran at the nats it would have been a different story. just my 2 cents
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 PM
misshydro

That thats cool!!!What the speed on it?!!!! But I did rember that somebody said that no extra weight was added?!![&:] Well I see different motor mounts with wooden side rails to hold that O.S turbo in!!! But I do like it!! Hay what make and size is that tank!! Thanks for posting the pics!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Dan S

Thats an aluminum SpeedMaster Motor mount and it weighs less than a 4 cell battery pack.

some mod had to be done but no extra weight was added.

as for speed I would guess 50 to low 50.
Fuel tank is a Du-Bro with front lip 6 or 8 oz.

Dan.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:31 PM
gooycheese

Last I talked with Chris about his whiplash, he was saying it was upper 50's like 58-59mph. David Preusse just a few months ago set the record at 60.349 I think. Like I said speed doesnt win races, finishing does. I tried to get some engine compartment pic's and some hardware pic's and running surfaces, hope these are what everyone wanted to see

Paul
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM
misshydro

I see theres added weight? The new wooden motor mount side rails! Unless less there made out super lightweight wood?[&:] Looks like plywood?[&:] But in a way who's cars it looks great!!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM
iowapiper_rcp

I know Chris Wood also, hes one hell of a dude! Anyhow, his whiplash ran today, and is SMOKING fast. Said he had it running 59 mph, and I belive every bit of that. The thing is just fricking fast, and one of the sickest whip's I have seen built. Anyhow, the vegas is fast for what it is, I would say 50's, but no where near upper 50's. Greg Hahn also has a 21 vegas, and it runs very well also.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
gooycheese

Another point there is weight added with componets thats about it, no "lead weight". There is the speedmaster mount and the stringers and also a third servo for the remote needle, but the power to weight ratio would warrant the weight being needed. I am just saying what I see this is just my opinion, I am no expert.

Paul

I think the boat looks good as it sits in the pictures.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Dan S

Rails are rails, they were not added there for more weight but for the engine mount.
Extra weight is just that, something that you have added lead, steel etc placed at a specific location for that exact purpose.

Dan.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That's a Du-Bro tank in there, probably an 8 ounce. I don't think that the motor mount is a Speedmaster part but it does kind of look like one that they were going to use in another project that never made it past R&D.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

That's a Du-Bro tank in there, probably an 8 ounce. I don't think that the motor mount is a Speedmaster part but it does kind of look like one that they were going to use in another project that never made it past R&D.
The motor mounts are Speedmaster. I built a platform for the front of the fuel tank to level the tank. The top speed is probably only a bit over 50.

JD
Old 08-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Jerry and to Dan as he cleared it up to me about it being a Speedmaster motor mount also.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Richie R

I raced the vegas sunday and got 2cd overall. Won the first heat and second in the second race.Boat is cool to drive.Not much in the water at full speed. Turn fin and a touch of the rear of the hull and prop. Boat has no quriks handles good could use a little more power though.Thanks for letting me run it.
Richie R
Old 08-20-2007, 10:02 PM
terry kelly

ORIGINAL: iowapiper_rcp

I know Chris Wood also, hes one hell of a dude! Anyhow, his whiplash ran today, and is SMOKING fast. Said he had it running 59 mph, and I belive every bit of that. The thing is just fricking fast, and one of the sickest whip's I have seen built. Anyhow, the vegas is fast for what it is, I would say 50's, but no where near upper 50's. Greg Hahn also has a 21 vegas, and it runs very well also.
yes he is.. we have been friends a long time, used to work with him as well he will help anyone out . it is cool to meet someone on here that knows someone i know. and i did see the whiplash in person and it was so close to 60 it was scary i think it was 59.3 and movin. i hope we cn dial mine in i know i will be probably 5mph of his speed but we will have it dialed.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Richie R

I raced the vegas sunday and got 2cd overall. Won the first heat and second in the second race.Boat is cool to drive.Not much in the water at full speed. Turn fin and a touch of the rear of the hull and prop. Boat has no quriks handles good could use a little more power though.Thanks for letting me run it.
Richie R
Hey Rickie,

Welcome to RCU. Since I heard Sport 20 Hydro was the biggest class at Mindota second place is very respectable. When a "Cheesehead" can place second with the boat you know it's gotta be an "Easy Driver." After what the Packers did to the Sissyhawks I just felt the need to lash out at someone from Wisconsin.

JD
Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I disagree about the Hawks, JD. I think Holmgren was more looking at players than trying to win the game. BTW, are you still going to run your Vegas at Twin Lakes?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

I disagree about the Hawks, JD. I think Holmgren was more looking at players than trying to win the game. BTW, are you still going to run your Vegas at Twin Lakes?
The plan is to run Sport 18 heats on Sunday between the qualifying rounds, connie, and final for the 1/8 Scale Hydros. Should be fun.

JD
Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Peter T

Jerry can you tell me the reason for changeing out carbs from the VZM carb to the OS OB carb?
Thanks
Peter