Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 looking for good grease >

looking for good grease

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

looking for good grease

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for good grease

hi guys, do you think either of these will work http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=191 http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=191 i just ordered a new thundercat 31 last night, and i'm trying to find a grease for the flex drive that i can use. i'm looking locally, so can i use one of these. and is one better than the other. or should i use something else, as i dont' want to mess up my first real rc grade boat. thanks alot, i'm shore there will be more questions. i asked this question over on boat general discussion as a follow up question, but haven't got an answer yet. i was hoping to pick something up this weekend. thanks again
Old 09-01-2007, 11:02 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: looking for good grease

I use the waterproof one. It's available in a variety of containers from boating stores and even places like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:22 AM

their both waterproof, i was wanting to know if their ok. and if one was better than the other
Old 09-01-2007, 11:39 AM

I'd got mine at advace autopart store!! Pennziol Marine grease NLGI grade#2 grease premium plus Multi-Purpose Grease Marine saltwater protection-washout&corrosin prevention-Superior trailer wheel bearing protection.That What it said on the tube! This is the stuff I use!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:49 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Quicksilver 2-4-C with Teflon marine grease
Old 09-01-2007, 01:32 PM

Any good Marine Grease will do, or the cable grease from Prather or the cable grease from Aquacraft.

Dan.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:43 PM

all are good just remember to re-lube the cable.. i do mine every 4 or 5 tanks or so..
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM

so any good quality marine grease will work? also i'm supposed to regrease the flex drive like every 4-5 tanks, is that average or should i do it more often? thanks guys
Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 PM

never hurts to do it more.. if you run it alot in a day.. do it that night ..
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM

on another note, i was reading that people but pool noodles in their hulls for floatation. does anybody know what size(diameter) that will fit the thundercat 31. i understand that i need to cut it to length, i just don't know about how big around. i' trying to get ready for my new boat. thanks again
Old 09-01-2007, 07:01 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gamesbeer1

on another note, i was reading that people but pool noodles in their hulls for floatation. does anybody know what size(diameter) that will fit the thundercat 31. i understand that i need to cut it to length, i just don't know about how big around. i' trying to get ready for my new boat. thanks again
Buy whatever is cheap. If it's too thick, split it lengthwise.

Back to the grease, I use the LubriMatic that you linked to. Others work just as well. The At the end of the day if I'm going to be running again the next day I remove the shaft, clean it with a paper towel, regrease it, and reinstall it. This leaves it ready for the next day. If I'm not running the next day, I remove it, wipe it off, and store it somewhere safe and dry.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:42 PM

i've had good luck with GULFWAX parrafin. melt it in a DOUBLE BOILER ( no direct heat-it can catch fire), and soak the flex in it. it soaks into the strands like water. let cool and grease as usual. won't sling off, lubes the strands from each other inside the flex (where grease doesn't reach), and grease will stick to it. i've got one flex shaft in a 3.5 k&b ob with a brass liner that's 3 years old! and i run 2 to 3 times a month, at least a couple of tanks a trip. works great for me.