Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aqu .18 or OS .18

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aqu .18 or OS .18

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
J T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aqu .18 or OS .18

Hi, I picked up a second hand Miss Elam a while back and it's seen better days. I'm going to replace the stock .15 & was looking on TLR at engines and see they have an AQU .18. Question is has anyone compared it to the OS .18 and would it fit the same? Has anyone else modded an Elam if so what Mods to it would you recommend?
Thanks
James
Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Sean Bowf

Default RE: Aqu .18 or OS .18

I know zero about the Elam, but between a ported Aquacraft, and a stock CVRM, I would pick the stock CVRM.

Sean
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
wave waker

usually engine mount size for .15 and .18 are the same...i'l pick OS.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 AM
youdirtyfox

ORIGINAL: J T

Hi, I picked up a second hand Miss Elam a while back and it's seen better days. I'm going to replace the stock .15 & was looking on TLR at engines and see they have an AQU .18. Question is has anyone compared it to the OS .18 and would it fit the same? Has anyone else modded an Elam if so what Mods to it would you recommend?
Thanks
James

Hi James, what's the best price you have found for the .18 OS. After doing some reading on both engines I would pick OS too!
I've had this one in my watch list for weeks now : Item number: 110146984784 I think thats the best price I have found so
far
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
J T

all the prices i've seen are the same $169 for stock (with pull start) I was looking at that one on ebay too but would rather spend an extra $20 for a port polished one. The problem with the Elam i've got is that nearly everything needs replacing due to it's age and condition. still glad i got it though as it's a really solid hull but much less forgiving than the ABS hull of the Aquajet. a new motor, pipe, prop & turn fin are the first on my list of things to get. I've got some spare servos and receiver to replace too.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
misshydro

I'd put a Miss vegas aqucraft.18 in my little brother Miss Bud flex drive and it goes!!! .My boyfriend finished it up for me and he'd test drove it and his friend video it!But I would get the O.S black head.So here's the video[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18MZZWSB11M[/link]