Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Center of Gravity on a Hydro Questions.....

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Center of Gravity on a Hydro Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:22 PM
d-lo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center of Gravity on a Hydro Questions.....

so, still learning here, i am trying to find info on what is the prime 'center of gravity' for a hydro. does it just depend on each boat? i am looking for proboat info to be exact, and maybe some vegas info too, although she;s running just fine for me.

anyway, any info appreciated, i see posts like "get weight of the prop" etc, and was just wondering, what are the effects of too much weight on the rear of the boat, and how to determine where you want the cog to be.

thank you!!!

davey
Old 10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Center of Gravity on a Hydro Questions.....

The idea behind a hydro is to get it to balance on the back of the sponsons with the back being supported by the prop. When you see"get the weight off the prop", what they are saying is you need to move the CG forward. When you see a boat running on fairly smooth water with only the prop and rear of the sponsons in contact with the water, you have it about right. Too much weight will have the back of the boat dragging in the water and costing you speed, the prime problem with the Pro Boats.