Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Tachometer...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tachometer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
goldendesign04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tachometer...

Ive been looking around for a remote tach for my new build but cant seem to find a stand alone unit have only found the sensor in the nomadio radio but dont want to purchase a whole nother radio, especially since the wife is ruffled a bit by how much ive spent on it already (darn you twisted liquid) but since Im going to run some uncharted waters (so to speak) would like to know where my motor is running in the rpms when I finally paste her together. Does anyone know of a remote sensor for rpms that either has a display to mount in the boat with a readings log or an active diplay thats handheld an uses a sensor mounted in the hull???
help please

-Wayne
Old 10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
youdirtyfox

Default RE: Tachometer...

Hi Wayne, I like to be able to help you on this, as I have some experience with electronic tacho's on cars etc..
( will have an ask on and a look on the car forum im on for you if you like), however there are stand alone units avalaible for mini motor bikes etc, that will probably take a pick up from the flywheel, is this the kind of thing you need though : http://www.abcmodelsport.net/p393895...CKET-SIZE.html
Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Sean Bowf

I dont know about one that has a display, but I believe there is one that will record different engine parameters, that you can download to a computer later. I figure someone will be along that has info on a better solution...

Sean
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 PM
wave waker

search Eagle Tree, it's a telemetry sensor.....but goin this way having all the sensor meaning extr*****...for convinience get nomadio or spectrum.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
goldendesign04

Thanks dirty your on the right track I think wave really had it down with that eagle treewith that recording telemetry system but maybe one that doesnt do it "ALL". Just would like a read out or at least a peak rpm system an maybe a temp gauge.
Man I really like that eagle tree system but dang more than I want to spend I just ordered the radio from tower I guess I can cancel an Iook a nomadio or the spektrum.

Maybe Im thinking to much into it but wouldnt it be simple enough to use the eagle tree tach sensor an set up a pen sized circuitboard with a flash drive to record overall time an how many passes the sensor recorded in that time frame, that would give me the data needed to download an convert to a real rpm range. Man I guess Im just trying to reinvent the wheel. ok so throw some links at me where to get each nomadio or spektrum with the sensors. Man already spent some$$$ to get eveything I thought I needed. I guess I really dont need need this but thought there could be a slightly cheaper method the darn sensor is only 14 buckaroos